Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 years later- why do i want to dress up again- should I?

Aspiring Member
    Amy,

During your abstinence from dressing in women's clothing were you happy? And did you have any depression? Suppressing the desire to dress can bring one down.

Were you happier dressing? Did you have more energy?

During my married years, the desire to dress occurred many times. But I had very limited opportunities to dress. After my divorce, when I allowed myself the opportunities to dress, depression vanished; I seemed to have more energy; and I was happier.

The CDer's caution should be something to the affect: suppressing or avoiding wearing feminine clothing may impact your health and well being negatively.

Allow your fem side some opportunities and observe how it makes you feel.

I hope this helps,

D Michele
    Michele

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    I think the closest Tri-Ess to you will be in New Jersey. You should also look into Renaissance, a support group for transgender people of all stripes (crossdressers, transexuals, etc.); they meet the third Saturday of every month in King of Prussia, just outside of Philly. They have a meet-up group (on meetup.com) called "Renaissance Greater Philadelphia Chapter." Feel free to PM me if you have any questions...
    This is helpful-thank you.

That's the mystery and why we are so unique, it's like its in our blood and the littlest thing can trigger us. Last week I was at the mall not even thinking of dressing and had not dressed in a while, across the next table a women sits down and when she sat down she skirt raised a bit and I seen the control top of her pantyhose. Well out of nowhere that triggered something because I couldn't wait to get home and put on a pair of control top pantyhose. It's a super power, I quit smoking now for ten years, crave it once in a while but I can control the cravings, but tried to quit dressing many times and here I am still here. Good luck and if we don't hear from you anymore you will be one of little of us to make it.

Quote Originally Posted by DMichele View Post
    Amy,

During your abstinence from dressing in women's clothing were you happy? And did you have any depression? Suppressing the desire to dress can bring one down.

Were you happier dressing? Did you have more energy?

During my married years, the desire to dress occurred many times. But I had very limited opportunities to dress. After my divorce, when I allowed myself the opportunities to dress, depression vanished; I seemed to have more energy; and I was happier.

The CDer's caution should be something to the affect: suppressing or avoiding wearing feminine clothing may impact your health and well being negatively.

Allow your fem side some opportunities and observe how it makes you feel.

I hope this helps,

D Michele
    Was I happy? I tried to be happy, but everytime I heard a female friend talk about a girls night, a part of me always felt like as if I should be part of it.

I constantly find my self in company of a lot of women- I don't have any particular sexual attraction towards them, but just enjoy their company and I have always felt comfortable around women. Over the 3 years, I always wished I could be one of the girls.

I think as you and everyone else has mentioned, I need to give this some opportunity and I think I will!

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Amy, it's probably already been said, but your feminine desires will only intensify as you get older. Get a box. In it, pack away your guilt and shame (but not your clothes/makeup/etc.) and take it to the landfill. You have nothing to be ashamed of. Take advantage of your gift and enjoy it to its fullest extent.

There are a number of CD/TS groups in the Phili area, but those are mostly for girls who are "out and about". Like Raven, for instance.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    You’re displaying the classic signs of “Stir Crazy”.
    Find yourself a GG who will give you good advice, get your outfit together and go to the mall.
    Look, dressing in your house doesn’t cut the mustard.
    Like a party with no where to go.
    And stop thinking about it, just do it. We’ve all been there and it isn’t as big of deal as you're making it out to be.
    Just admit you’re a CD and get on with your life.
    Best advice I can give you? Stay safe. Be aware of what’s going on around you. Avoid the classic mistakes: too large breasts, too tall heels, and too tight everything. Dress the way all the other girls dress. Blend.
    Now go out and have a good time. The name of the game, after all, is FUN.

I actually went through a similar phase like you Amy. I dressed a lot close to three years ago, had so many clothes, makeup etc. I felt a guilt from it so I donated all of it to goodwill. We'll just about 6 months ago I got the sudden random desire to do so again. Now I'm back to having even more clothes and instead of feeling bad about it, I have been embracing it and have come to terms with this is who I am. I feel much happier with my self. If you can't be comfortable in your own skin, what's the point!?

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Hi Amy, I prefer to see the acceptance and inclusion of our femme sides as coming closer to completing our personal jigsaw, rather than 'being different' to the average male. Gender isn't always as simple as male/female, for many here we are, say, 50-50, or 75-25, or 25-75, and for some the numbers vary month to month, even day to day.

Loving yourself, accepting yourself, is the secret of a happy life. While it may be true that being 100% guy might be simpler, the point it that you are a guy who is capable of getting excited by nail gloss, and no amount of stuffing the feelings down is going to alter that. You may try substance abuse, but that won't work either. Face it Amy, you are who you are.

And we certainly accept you unquestioningly, even if you're having problems accepting yourself.

I send hugs and support, and hope you will keep being part of this forum- I've found it a huge comfort.

Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa