Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feminine hobbies?

hi girls ,i just do what i like ,i dont take time or the trouble to think if is it male or female,i like surfing,ilike water colors painting .ican sew and cook,lots of the best cooks are men and so are the suit makers , my thing is this do something creative a day .surf play your guitar , bake, cook ,paint whatever, it keeps you young. as transgender people we already have a lot on our plates.we dont need to worry if our hobbies are male or female. love hugs lynda

I love to renovate and organize:P not to feminine, but nothing feels better than a clean home, and everything in its spot! Plus new furniture put in! Ugh.. I get such a rush sometimes:P it's even better if I'm dressed up while cleaning and getting things in place. I'm pretty much the house wife in my relationship:P but I don't mind at all!!

Beside exercise/running/lifting and music, I have no real hobby that occupies my mind or my time.

I have found that crossdressing throughout my life always rushed in to fill gaps (except when it was stress induced, which always trumped everything). When I have had gaps in time or mental gaps (I went from a job where I used my mind to one that is completely and utterly mindless) the pink fog rolls in and envelopes me. So here I am, going from self-hate, binge and purge, to wrapping my arms around this gift and running with it!

I guess to answer the question, as I always thing as a man, my hobbies, while fairly unisex, feel male to me.

I love counted cross stitch embroidery, and embroidery in general. You can do so much with it! I've been working on a set of things for the kitchen. Towels, bread cloths, napkins, etc. I also made a set of refrigerator magnets, and several wall hangings. You can stitch things onto your clothes, and the possibilities are endless. A plain tee shirt is boring, and not particularly feminine. But a tee shirt with a couple of butterflies stitched in it, that's a different story.

I like to wear red nail polish when I stitch, because I like to see my feminine hands in action. It's also good to wear a long skirt or maxi dress when you're stitching, becaus then things fall in your lap instead of on the floor. Have you ever tried to find a needle in deep pile carpet?

Platinum Member
    Hi C-666, I enjoy using my sewing machine.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I collect Christmas stuff: Clothique Santas, David Winter houses, teddy bears in Xmas outfits, figurines, limited edition ornaments.

I collect male admirers in a Serialist sort of way.

I obsessively follow Ohio State football, including recruiting and the spring game, and practice updates. Very sick!

I diet and exercise compulsively so I can look thin and younger than my calendar age.

I don't really have any female hobbies. My hobby's are playing Sunday league football, I watch Championship football every other week (if you can call it football). play video games and love going to indie rock gigs. The media I consume is also very stereotypically male. Girly things like cooking, baking, painting, musical, shipping etc bore me to tears.

Just like the OP,

I find myself bored by most hobbies typically associated as feminine. Gossip mags, shopping trips, romantic comedies, dancing, reality TV, arts and crafts, yoga... even candy crush. Boring stuff to me. The only activities I enjoy that are stereotypically considered 'girly' are cooking and decorating my home.

I live alone, but it isn't your typical bachelor pad with a fridge full of beer and pizza boxes.

I've created a well appointed home for myself, smart furniture that fits the rooms, window treatments and guest towels. My friends have asked if I am secretly married (not to my knowledge) or have a maid (certainly can't afford that). The kitchen is stocked with fresh food to prepare good meals from scratch, or close to it. Leftover roast rack of lamb with Burgundy wine and rosemary sauce, fresh chicken, veggies, herbs, spices, teas, coffees, all consumed off of actual place settings at an honest to God table. I experiment a lot in the kitchen and it's fun for me to try and replicate the results of a fine restaurant meal in my own kitchen, though results will vary.

That being said, I don't really see keeping a neat and well set place and cooking good food as feminine pursuits per se. I do them because I have to eat, and have to have a place to keep my stuff safe and keep me away from rain and cold weather. So the stuff I eat and the place I sleep/spend time in are the way I like them out of need to a degree. Plus, I've personally done a lot of the tile work in my bathrooms and ripped out carpet wherever it existed to put hard wood flooring in. Redid the kitchen cabinetry and slapped in some new counter top templates. Custom base boards, trim and crown coped by hand throughout. So some parts of these hobbies are distinctly un-feminine if you consider that men still dominate the construction trades. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I pursued a number of pastime in the past, cos I just get bored rather easily. Cut down on most of them now, since pursuing a career comes first over almost everything, but I'd still managed to maintained my photography and doll collection. Still bring out the bass guitar half the time when I have a chance. Don't know if any of these are really feminine though...

My hobbies are quite gender-neutral. I play the piano for relaxation, and I like cooking. Neither activity is particularly "masculine" or "feminine", I guess.

When I was a lot younger, back when I was in my pre-teen and teenage years I liked to make latch hook rugs and make things in macrame. The macrame I sold and the rugs I kept. Now my hobby is woodworking and home remodeling plus dressing and collecting clothing.

I have a psychological problem with designating pursuits as "masculine" or "feminine".

That said, my mother raised four boys, of which I was the eldest. She firmly believed that everyone regardless of gender, should know how to cook, clean house, do laundry (including ironing and pressing) and sew. When I was in the ninth grade, she made me make my own short-sleeved oxford cloth button down shirt, AND WEAR IT TO SCHOOL!!!! (you KNOW I wasn't gonna screw that up - kids are ruthless in their judgment of other kids)

So I am a good cook, and own copies of Fannie Farmer and Joy of Cooking as my two "Bibles"; I am a good seamstress, and often make clothing for both myself and friends.

I also am a musician - I played piccolo, flute and tenor sax for four years as a US Navy musician - most of my "jobs" now are "freebies" just because I love playing, especially in theater pit orchestras. I play all the woodwinds, although I must admit my double reed playing is pretty marginal. As one of my musician friends says, "I am a professional musician; I got paid once." LOL

I also do clock repair in my spare time. I specialize in 18th century clocks because I like fabricating parts "from scratch", but will work on ones made any time prior to the Second World War.
    Last edited by DorothyElizabeth; 01-05-2015 at 09:03 PM. Reason: typos
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

My hobbies include weightlifting, hockey, hiking, golf, and reading. Watching pro hockey/football/soccer avidly. And I love romantic comedies as much as any woman!

All of those can be performed in either gender's apparel, except playing hockey. Since I work out at home, I have on rare occasion, lifted weights while wearing tights & a leotard. I'd love to play a round of golf in a cute little golf skirt and top.

Hiking...I've actually hiked many times in short shorts with pantyhose. Gotta be more alert for other hikers, but I've been surprised by a few I didn't see until it was too late. Oh well.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Hell-o Lucy,
    When I was a little boy, I believe it was before I discovered my attraction to female clothes, my mother had my brother, sisters, and I sit down at the table. She taught us all how to crochet. Well almost all of us, I just couldn't get the hang of it!
    I remember being SO upset, crying and pouting.
    Sometime later she gave me another lesson, I finally got it!
    To this day I can still crochet, and I actually made my SO a scarf and hat for Christmas this year.
    Is that girly enough?
    Now lets talk about those Packers for a while!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

I love shopping, could that be considered a feminine pastime?

I have a mixture, as well as the cars I have pottery, ceramics and sewing as other skills.

My most feminine skills.... zipping up a dress from the back and clipping up a long line bra without help.

I call them skills more than just hobbies.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Aspiring Member
    I don't segregate my hobbies by gender despite the fact that some of my ex-classmates think I shop 'like a girl', whatever the heck that means.

That said while I write my lyrics and music (hobbyist) in drag occasionally I rarely use the Iris persona, and it will be very long before I go to jam sessions as her. As for swimming, it will take me an eternity before I ever hit the pool in a swimsuit.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    does blogging about crossdressing count ??? Besides training for a marathon I am never going to run....it's my only other hobby, ...I need a life....is shopping and makeup concidered a hobby ??....I collect vintage albums.....do girls do that ?? Ocassionally I see a cutie in the record store, but mostly its over weight men who wear sweatpants a week straight without washing , you know....the same kind you find in a comic book store

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Got it in my head to create and sell elaborate little fairy gardens. Moving bits, water features, lights. Haven't done one yet. Thinking about it. Put some ponies in them.

http://www.midwestliving.com/garden/...iature-garden/

Take a survey of hobbies, and I'm sure there will be some hobbies more men than women do, and some that more women than men. That doesn't make them masculine or feminine hobbies. I think some CDers try too hard. The feel girly, they dress girly, they want to look girly, and so they want to adopt a hobby that's girly, and not because they are naturally drawn to it. Threads such as asking others if they cry more when crossdressed seem silly to me. As does the hobby thing.

While girls do participate in my hobby, and the equipment used in the hobby can be designed to look feminine, it is not considered to be a feminine hobby. I can't specify the details of my hobby, because it is against board rules. They do have male and female divisions of the sport.

I adore playing drums, I also Karaoke as a female. Guess theyre not really hobbies either, but then isn't flirting a hobby too ?? LOL

When I was a pre-teen, I used to enjoy doing embroidery under my mother's tutelage. Somehow, the fact that this might be gender-inappropriate for a young boy during that era never came up, and I was only vaguely aware of my crossdressing tendencies at that point in my life.

Looking back, perhaps that was just one more piece of the jigsaw puzzle that is only now coming close to completion...