Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If You, Would You, How Long

I'm afraid to say that at the age of twenty, I was still living under my parents roof and laws. No way would nor could I ever live out in the open with them like this. I'm much happier being me and the way things turned out. I would of course tell my twenty year old self to hold off on the Hostess Twinkies, Fruit Pies, and Cakes....

Joni

if given the opportunity in todays world to be again 20 and passable, I would definitely explore living as a woman and being intimate with a man (haven't done it in current life but dream) and see how it goes, if I could live that way forever but with the fallback of reverting to casual dresser with wife if it didn't feel right....a girl needs options!
    Last edited by aussie cd; 01-04-2015 at 06:18 PM. Reason: spelling

When I was twenty, I left home and went backpacking by myself on the east coast of America for months. It was difficult, as I felt I had to abstain from all CDing - there was no internet, and I felt so alone with my 'affliction', and I'm sure people's attitudes towards CDing certainly weren't as accepting as they generally are now.
    In hindsight, I was away from home, no-one knew me, so I really should have taken the opportunity to let my hair down (I had hair to let down back then...) and explore that side of me more fully.
    Who knows how different my life would have been...

Daphne

If Iknew at 21 what I know now, I might very well have made a career of it.
    I enjoyed being a girl.

I still do.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

If I could be 20 and have the same social skills, confidence and economic status that I have now, then yes to go out and about and have fun. Alas, I was just a kid with none of what I listed.

One must also remember that at my age 20, it was the mid 1960's. Cd'ing was illegal. No one knew the term trans gender, and one risked life and limb to go out and do this.

Today is a whole different time. Those 30 years old and under don't have clue what it was like to cd back in the dark ages, ie 1950's, 1960's, etc.

Jodi

Platinum Member
    Hi Deebra, I like having the best of both worlds.

Hi Beverly, That boat lift avatar is really awesome.
    Last edited by BLUE ORCHID; 01-04-2015 at 07:21 PM.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Like Jamees22, I was twenty in 1964. I don't know what I would have done. I like being able to be a male in some regards but in some I am certainly more happy as a female. One thing I know: I would have allowed myself to become freely bi-sexual, or as one of my GG acquaintences called it, "ambisexual".
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

If I could go back and be passable in my 20's I would do it in a heartbeat. I would live 24/7 as a woman and find a man to fall in love with.
    I am happy and feel free when I'm dressed like a woman.

Sitting here, now, I would not. I have had a great life, have a wonderful wife and great sons. What I would have done when I was 20 in 1969 is anybody's guess...
    Please call me Lisa!

I'll say I would go out dressed up more often, but not always. Like the others say, I too like being a man. Both worlds are a prefect balance for me.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    hmmmm....no desire to be twenty again.......and no desire to get married EVER.......and I HAVE had relationships with both men and women...........that dosent make my life that much better either...just different...... IF is a middle word in life.....I learned that from watching Apacolypse Now..xoxo

Dressing @ home (for now)
    Believe it or not I was in much worse shape when I was 20 than I am now. If I could go back and pass (unsure if I'll ever..), I might make a clean break when I switched schools and start going out presenting female most of the time. Never been interested in men though, so I would still have to be open with females. Might make it a bit harder to find someone as good as my current partner.

Banned Read only
    I WANT TO LIVE 24/7 AS FEMALE AND FIND AN LESBIAN FEMALE TO FALL IN LOVE WITH.....i im CD cause im lesbian in the wrong body...I GUESS IM REALLY THAT DIFFERENT AFTER ALL

Wow, what a tough question to answer. I often think now, after being married for over 30 years that I'd prefer to not have to hide Aimee from anyone though, lik e Carla said, it would be very lonely. However, I could wear my cute things, have my nails done, shave my legs and underarms and be dressed whenever I wished. Maybe a compromise would be if I have a few months a year to myself...oh my how I would take advantage of that.

If I was 20 again but it was 2015 with changes in attitude that we have seen since tie 60's and 70's, then I would probably have done things differently. I don't think I would have transitioned - I'm comfortable being a male but I probably would be out more. and would have found a supportive SO. - Don't take that that I don't love my wife - my marriage have been great but this is a fantasy question right?

Banned Read only
    I transitioned at 23, I married at 40, he died at 55. Except for the mourning period I have loved every second of my life. Would I do it again? You bet!

Reality Check
    Two things to remember:
    1) You are seeing one or two still pictures of someone at their very best. You don't know what they look like when they walk or sound like when they talk.

2) Remember, this is the Internet and it's possible what you think you're seeing is not reality. Put another way, you may be seeing pictures of actual women passed off as crossdressers.

To answer your question, if I was twenty years old I would be working on my career and not trying to pass myself off as a woman.

If I were 20 again? I suspect that much depends whether you mean in 1981 or 2015!
    1981 - I'm not sure that I'd change much. I wouldn't stay single (hated that). I would try to spend more time en femme (maybe move further from home to facilitate that) but probably no more than evenings and weekends. Still wouldn't be attracted to men. Would definitely have told any potential wife before marrying.
    2015 - Still wouldn't stay single. Would definitely spend much more time en femme - probably not at work but definitely more than would have been comfortable/practical in 1981! Would probably want 2nd date with any GG to be en femme and still only interested in GGs!

Silver Member
    After some thought, I'm with Kandi.

Also being passable and being with a man are not relevant to each other. To be with a man, you need to be attracted to men and I'm not and never have been.

Banned Read only
    Western Upstate NY, on a Lake Ontario city
    I would stay that way for 7 -24 hour days , go to clubs, parties, bars, pick up men and get laid as many times as i could(if I were a female with genitalia) Wondered what it would feel like on the 'receiving end' Try for a pickup night record of 5 different guys between 8pm and 2 am and really screw my brains out. Then the bubble would burst and I'd be myself again

Banned Read only
    If I was twenty again (1967) and passable...I think I would have been if you think a tall young woman is your thing....I would not live 24/7 or close to it. There has always been a lot more to me than the desire to wear women's clothing. One of the issues back in the 1960's if the potential absence of true friends or even family. Even today I think a very very small minority of cross dressers (not including transitioning here) find society truly tolerant. Sure, not many people are going to chase you out of town with pitchforks and burn your house down, but, neither are they going to be true friends. If I was twenty NOW that may be a different story. I would probably compartmentalize my cross dressing and have a set of friends or acquaintances who are similarly minded.

I would very much like to go back to when i was twenty and do it all over!

I was dressing then but purging almost right after i dressed and felt guilt about dressing.

If i could go back i would do my best to work on passing and live as a women everyday. I think that is because now i am very much in touch with this side of myself and being a women full time would make me a little more happy.

Not sure about the relationship stuff though. I would imagine i would have still been bi and i would explore all sides of my sexuality.

Twenty again; Endulging the gift.-Closeted perhaps, because I would enjoy more having a intimate relationship with a attractive GG
    Living as female- Prefer living as male because it comes with more freedoms.
    Bisexual intimacy-Enjoy heterosexual intimacy most. TGCD person would be confusing.

Must have strong feelings at the other end of the spectrum than myself. Creativity and imagination may give some experience to you from a perception you do not perceive right now.

Hmmm... At 20, I wanted nothing to do with cross-dressing. I thought it was immature, a way to get attention and, honestly, my testosterone levels were so high and my understanding so low, I equated it with being gay or transgendered. If I could go back, all I would change, knowing what I know now, is my understanding of it and maybe move the date of my first experimentation back to around that time period. I was around 37 the first time I ever wore a single article of women's clothing.

My biggest problem at age 20 was self-confidence. Assuming I had the confidence then that I do now, I certainly would have started going out in public en femme on a regular basis. I doubt I would have gone full-time, as I think that would have been difficult for my family as well as for me professionally. I'm not attracted to men, but I had a hard time getting dates with women when I was in my 20s. As a result, it is conceivable that I might have gone out with one of the more refined hypothetical admirers my femme self would attract, but I doubt anything intimate or long-term would have come out of it.

Maybe, I'm a bit of a romantic, but I imagine that after some time to be comfortable as a single sometimes-woman, I would meet my current wife in a bar while I was en femme. We would still make the instant connection that we made when we first met in this reality. We would start dating, get married and raise the family that we have now. Except we would have skipped the pain and suffering that came with the post-wedding reveal and might be have more frequent nights on the town as two women in love.