Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you feel the 1st time you went out in public

My heart felt like it burst into flames, and I remembered that I was alive, for the first time in a long while.

I could feel electricity in the air, and I could glide, instead of having to walk.

It was life changing.

Cate
    “If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.”

--Jack Handy

Quote Originally Posted by sarah555 View Post
    I am going to a bar with a female friend so thinking skirt blouse and short heels.
    Sounds as if you already have a "wingman(woman)" to run interference for you, and that's 90% of the battle. Most of us who went out for the first time did so by ourselves, and we didn't have that particular safety net to fall back on. The feeling was as terrifying - yet exhilarating - as jumping off a cliff. The only difference is that we survived. You will too.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Like everyone else...I was extremely nervous...I was going to a local CD event . I drove there, then got the willies, and got nervous, and spent the first half hour of the event sitting in my car trying to get the courage, to get out and walk thru the door. Then it dawned on me that i spent all this time getting ready, drove ALL the way there, and if I diddnt get out the car I would live to regret it. That thought inspired me to get out and go.....the minute I opened the door I was greeted right away by another CD pal who I became friendly with online, all my nerves dissapeared...and to this day I am STILL friends with her over 10 years later....I will never forget that moment....nothing went wrong......no biggie....

I kept thinking my car was going to break down and I'd have to hitch hike in a skirt. It took a couple of times to get over the willies.

I don't really do this to REALLY DO it. For me, it's kind of more of a costume thing. Oddly, I find myself really wondering what it would be like to push the envelope. So, once or twice at the old house, I went outside on the steps for a smoke and the two times I've dressed up at our new apartment, I've gone out on the balcony to smoke. The old place was really dark and I wasn't too worried, but the apartment balcony faces the cul-de-sac where 1000 cars come and go constantly, people are walking dogs, jogging, riding bikes, skateboarding, it's on the way to the basketball and tennis courts, even people going to the dumpster pass my balcony, including my neighbors, who I say hi to every single time I see them. Except those two nights. I hid behind the pillar. I want to push it, but not that much. I like the high, but a little high goes a long way for me. Maybe someday I'd like to take a drive and have my wife take a couple shots of us out somewhere, but not anywhere I'd be recognized. Sorry, too long, I'll quit now...

Banned Read only
    Halloween 10-11 years ago...

They were showing The Rocky Horror Picture Show on the Cornell University campus BUT, you could get in FREE if you crossdressed! My friend (who would later become my 2nd wife) and I decided that we couldn't pass that up. So, we went to the theater, got in free, saw the movie and then drank and danced at a gay bar.

I was a little nervous on the way to the theater. All of the "what if I get stopped?", "what if the truck breaks down?", etc. thoughts were rolling around. However, by the time we got to the theater and my friend flashed the folks at the box office with her strap-on, it was downhill from there.

Anyway, relax and enjoy yourself!

Very scary and exciting!

Woman first, Trans second
    The very first time I went out was a Halloween in Chicago in 1999, and I wore jeans and a hoodie because it was too damn cold, lol. I should have known then that I was TS as opposed to a CD...

The first time I went out for REAL into the real world, I was nervous, but also profoundly relieved to be myself. Nowadays when I go out, I'm just happy to be spending time (and often money) with friends. I'm not full-time yet, but my social life is pretty much exclusively en femme at this point.
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I met another CD on this forum who lived about 40 minutes away. We visited at my apartment one afternoon and she offered to take me to a club she frequented. I went, and the rest is history. This life we lead is so much more fun with CD girlfriends. It makes everything so much easier.

I suppose technically the first time I was dressed outside the house was for Halloween (nurse). Was many years later. I started dressing outside the house on other days - nervous is a good description, scarred is better.

So tonight is the night ladies, nervous scared and excited at same time!

Gone to live my life
    Sarah,

The thing to remember as others have said is that most people won't notice or if they do they will most likely keep their comments to themselves. Now I am a pragmatist as well so you will need some thick skin as it is not all high fives and chocolate cake out there in the Vanilla world. I am not saying it will be bad, but you should prepare yourself for some stares, a giggle or two and a few WTF looks. Naturally a lot of this depends on how well you blend. If you are smaller framed, have more feminine features, walk and move very femme and have a great femme voice . . . you will most likely not get a second glance. If you are larger, with strikingly guy features and a deep voice then you will get looks. We all do, it is a fact of going out. Now having said that, don't let it detract you from going out if you are ready as it is a wonderful experience . . . just act like you belong.

A few things to think about . . . ladies room vs. men's. Most will tell you, if you are presenting female use the ladies room. Is your friend GG? If so, have her accompany you for support. Choose your venue well. Bars can be fun but you don't indicate what kind of bar. Is it an LGBT friendly bar? Just saying because men (especially young ones), booze and cross dressers don't always mix well.

Hugs

Isha

Hi Sarah,
    Hope that you have fun.
    Judith

So how did it go, girlfriend? We're all on the edge of our seats here. Full report please!

Full report coming up later girls.

Banned Read only
    I'd had a few outings with my older sister and female friends but my first "solo" was still very nerve wracking. I made a real effort, (blouse, skirt, stockings, heels, wig, and full makeup), and was very pleased with my appearance. I spent the afternoon window shopping and absolutely nothing happened, it was wonderful! This was a long time ago but I remember it very well.

the frist time out I was veray scared like deer . but as more time that you make out it get better

Aspiring Member
    my first time was with another cd who was like my older sister
    she steered me through the initial minutes and after that things
    went smoothly and I felt so girly it was enchanting.

Actually I was 7 years old on stage as one of Cinderella's ugly sisters, does that count? Probably not, I was nervous though.
    My first time outing as an adult I went to a drugstore I must have felt I needed drugs. I was excited and calm at the same time, no one seemed to notice or care. The best thing was as I left the store it was raining slightly and with the ballet flats I was wearing I could feel the rain on top of my feet and I realized it was a totally new sensation. So like with anything the first time is usually the best time or at least you will remember it forever. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Try to calm listen to been out once was scared to death. After a couple of hours I felt less nervous I also picked a Mall 75 Miles away. But felt so good I'm trying Boston this weekend. I will let you all know how it went. Really Excited for you and myself.
    Last edited by DonnaP; 01-07-2015 at 10:02 AM. Reason: bad spelling

Hi Sarah:

Oh my, my first time out was 15 or more years ago (where does the time go??!! ). I remember it was at a mall, with marble floors. I wasn't quite ready for that in 3 inch pumps, and almost broke an ankle slipping on the floor !! Not a problem now, but first time, whew ??!!

I was alone, so great that you are going with a friend! As others have said already, relax. Be who you are meant to be. Dress appropriately for the time of day, location and activity. Head up, shoulders back, be confident and "own it". Have fun!!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Reality Check
    I can't decide what was my "first time I went out in public". A couple times I underdressed in a bra and took water balloons in a bag in my car. Once I got away from the neighborhood I put them in the bra and drove "with boobs". Many years later I bought a cheap wig at a costume store and did pretty much the same thing but with the wig and a blouse that belonged to my wife. It was after dark and I drove around found an empty parking lot and took a few photos. Eventually I go bold enough to dress and walk around the city in the daytime. I took photos.

Now, I have real forms, a real wig and real padded panties and my own clothes that fit.

So it's exciting and fun but it's going to be different for each of us depending on how we look and where we go.

Isha, I remember your near horror story using the men's washroom onme time. Scary indeed. Something we need to keep in mind, about which washroom.

I shall be using ladies bathroom for sure.

So getting ready for my journey into the big bad world en femme. Blue skirt with black panties bra and tights and a pink blouse. Thinking flat shoes. A touch of perfume and im good to go. x
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-07-2015 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

"May the Force be with you"