Thread: The blue fog

The blue fog

Recently I have been have bouts of what I am calling the blue fog; and as you can guess it is the exact opposite of the pink fog.
    I have a complete disconect from CDing where I can't imagine why I ever did ?what I got out of it? The whole thing seems pointless. And I'm not just playing the devils advocate with myself, I honestly don't feel it.
    I have always thought I would out grow crossdressing at some point. As I have done with many other things in my life like parting , working out , or riding motorcycles. I went all out with those things and eventually they ran there coarse and I lost interest. I wonder if the same thing is happening with crossdressing? Just that because of the restrictive nature of this activity it took much longer to run its coarse ? But it has been a part of me for so long that it's hard to let go. And I wrestle with the whole thing from the complete other side then what I normally do.
    Some times the blue fog last a few minutes or a few days. But then as unexplainabley as it came on it gone. And a am wanting for the cute outfit on the cover of what ever catolouge came in the mail for the SO.
    As if the pink fog isn't enough to deal with
    Now I have a blue one too!
    Not really looking for advice just needed to vent ..

Vent away Lexi...

It's been nearly a month since I partook too... and I have postponed a couple weekends planned just because I didn't feel it - and I'm being lazy... and I know I need to rework some makeup because I'm going out in 3 weeks! Sometimes the feeling just isn't there...

But sometimes I think we subconsciously pressure ourselves too... Particularly if you read a lot here, seems like someone's having an outing or a girl's night in every few hours - which, of course, they are - but not everyone, all the time. It can make you feel like it's the norm, and it's what you should be aspiring to - but that's wrong, although I can feel it too...

After Christmas I've got back to my gym three times a week (toning and stamina - no heavy weights, and girly floor exercises... ); I'm baking today for M-in-Laws 90th birthday on Saturday; other stuff has been applying pressure too... I want the time (hopefully this weekend post-party); I want to mess with get my eye makeup right; but I'm not going to sweat it... Que sera, sera...

Oh - and if you do decide you're stopping completely, absolutely, irrevocably... please don't go - stay awhile to prove that it can be done!

In the meantime - hang in there with that purpley haze...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Isn't it great to be able to vent here? Pink, blue- wonder if there are any other fog colours?

Yellow for cowardice? Green for envy? Red for unbridled lust? Black for...chocolate gateaux?

Hope you find your peace Lexi.
    I used to have a short attention spa

I'm currently in a blue fog too. Not feeling giddy about dressing. But I realize that this too will pass and it'll be pink again. Nothing in life is constant, thank goodness. Homeostasis is an illusion.

I've always liked the best of both "worlds". Once when I was about 18, I made a list. On one side it was what I liked about being a guy, the other what I liked about being a girl. After going in the Army, I had a lot of adventures as a guy having served two tours in Nam. I also had plans for when I got out to have a "sex change" (as they called it then) but then met a girl and decided to give the guy thing an exclusive try. It was okay but got pretty boring after awhile, so I decided to express my femme side again, albeit more or less secretly. What I eventually did was to balance all of my feelings and amalgamate them. Now, when I'm not en femme, I'm a guy who is sensitive to his feelings(and the feelings of others) and not ashamed of them or pretend to be macho, don't need that stuff. This is the way things worked out for myself, not saying it will work for everyone. We all have to find our own happiness ultimately.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I eat a balanced diet of Raspberries, Blackberries and Strawberries, laced with Double British Cream.
    A good round of Scottish Breakfast consisting of Fried Egg, Haggis, Sausage, Bacon, Black Pudding all washed down with copious amounts of coffee.
    I find this diet a great cure for Pink and Blue fog.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    hang in there with that purpley haze...

Katey x
    Purple Haze???? Where??? Count me in.......who knows Lexi...it may come back, it may not.....if it does though....i will send you this thread again

hi lexi, ive been there many times, i will run full steam in girl mode and then something always turns me back to my guy mode,i dont now i just sort of blend the both and i seem happy, at my age no more to prove .im me allthe time and love it. hugs love lynda

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I just did an article today on my blog about this sort of thing...But I called it "Getting out of my Way," because obviously, I want to dress as Caden, well more. LoL
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I think it really depends on the underlying reason you crossdress. For some, it's for a sexual kick, and of course, as the testosterone levels decrease the desire for that kick decreases as well. For others, however, well we dress to feel normal. And that feeling never goes away entirely. We may suppress it in order to get along better with SO's, for example.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I have a blue fog every day from when I wake up to when I walk in the house at the end of the work day, then the pink fog takes over until morning again and on the weekends usually pink of some kind. And on a side note I've had years in the blue but pink always returns. I've learned to enjoy and accept both now.

I just got a new smashing dress from Ebay today, in the mail, and i feel not that zealous about getting it on me tonight!! One reason is the bitter cold outside, making it a bit cool inmside, but, i just seldom feel like going through the work of getting all dolled up lately. I can empathize with blue fog, and i have a love/hate relationship with dressing, too.

I can't say I've ever had a blue fog,but when work is slow and I dress 24/7 for weeks at a time,sometimes the pink fog rolls in so thick that I tend to lose touch with reality.Not that it's a bad thing,I love it.But so far I've been able to snap out of it when I have to.I guess my point is that maybe a little balance isn't such a bad thing.