Thread: Sorry this took so long

Sorry this took so long

So me and my husband got back from Charlotte over a week ago and I been meaning to make this post for days but just haven't found the time. We had a great time hubby stayed dressed up the whole time, no need for the "back up clothes" The only issue he really had we some razor burn around his neck, but nothing a little make up couldn't take care of. We ended up at a really cool bar on New Years eve and it was lots of fun. He wore a red dress I got him for Christmas and looked really nice. We didn't have any problems with anyone, we got a few double take looks but nothing we haven't experienced before.

On Saturday we got to go to the Panthers and Cardinals game and despite the awful quarterback play from Ryan Lindley ( really though, they couldn't find ANYONE else?) it was a blast! It was raining off and on but the stadium was rocking. My husband was disappointed the Cardinals lost but he had a great time and wore a Cardinals shirt with black leggings and boots he his hair tied up with a red ribbon and a cardinals sticker on his cheek. I wore the same thing just with the Panthers. The couple we got the tickets from sat next to us and the wife was very friendly her husband though didn't give us the time of day but its all good. Definitely one of the best trips we took.
    11/15/12 ride or die

Thanks for the report! Sounds like you two had a great time!

Hell-o Katie,
    Sounds like an incredibly fun trip for the two of you. Dressing and cheering for the opposing teams was kind of a fitting statement, don't you think?
    This past weekend I was glued to the TV watching the Packers/Cowboys game. My SO couldn't care less about football (other than it makes me happy) Anyway, during the game she said to me "i'll take you to SanFrancisco and buy you a new dress right now if you turn this off!" OK, so I did think about it for a second or two, (maybe longer) but needless to say, there is no new dress hanging in the closet.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

That is just awesome, she is so lucky to have you for a spouse. My wife is much like you and she supports me in it the same as you. That is a very good story and I am glad you both had such a wonderful vacation.

I'm so glad y'all had a good time! We just got back from a trip South as well but this time my SO didn't want to bring any of her clothes. We've been out a few times since our return though.
    Reine

Sounds like you two had a great time! Sorry about the razor burn, but it's pretty much inevitable with repeated shaving!
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Sounds like a great trip

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    This past weekend I was glued to the TV watching the Packers/Cowboys game. My SO couldn't care less about football (other than it makes me happy) Anyway, during the game she said to me "i'll take you to SanFrancisco and buy you a new dress right now if you turn this off!" OK, so I did think about it for a second or two, (maybe longer) but needless to say, there is no new dress hanging in the closet.
    That's when the DVR would have come on. I don't mind watching the games on DVR, since I can skip the commercials.
    DonnaT

You sound like every CD's dream wife! It is good that things went so well.
    Hugs, Carole

Quote Originally Posted by Hell on Heels View Post
    Hell-o Katie,
    Sounds like an incredibly fun trip for the two of you. Dressing and cheering for the opposing teams was kind of a fitting statement, don't you think?
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I would have turned of the game and gone for the dress. You would have scored more then the dress.

I ah so happy when I can read stories like this. KatieGG you are really helping here with your good attitude. The only thing "we" would do differently in a similar scenario? We both would wear TEXANS stuff!

It does sound like a fabulous trip. Good for you. Both.