Thread: cding and art

cding and art

hi girls, hope im in right forum, iwas just wondering if any of you experernce the same as me, when i do my water color paintings in guy mold i seem tou use bolder colors and stronger strokes when im dressed i have a lighter touch and my colors blend more ,not real defferce in subject matter . just a little deffrent style. i was just wondering if this happen to you in the medeums you express yourselfs in . hugs love lynda

As a guy I went through life so art disabled that I kept copies of Leslie Charteris' Saint magazine around so that I could trace the stick figures! Honest! Then one day a couple of GG friends and I (en femme) signed up for a college art class. I ended up taking multiple classes with a straight A average! Go figure!

Was really beginning to think of going for a degree in art but circumstances changed.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Gone to live my life
    Hi Lynda,

No personal experience with this myself but I have heard that "art" comes from internal expression and what you may be experience is the expression of your guy side vs. your girl side. Just a thought.

Hugs

Isha

I think it tends to be more psychological myself. Sometimes when en femme we are more in touch with our feelings and expressive abilities as we "allow" ourselves to feel somewhat freer. Personally I look upon CDing itself as an expressive art form.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

hi kate, i feel you are right on the money, i think when i dress i let feelings we al share come to the surface . because in male mold i relate to what i was tauth to be a man all my life . you men never cry we should surrpres feelings ,of course thats all bs we all have the same human feelings but in a female roll we let ourselfs enjoy this feelings .hugs love lynda, even my sign off is somethingi could not do in male role

I can do a mean chainsaw carving in girl mode. Daviolin
    [SIZE="6"]
    [/SIZE]
    A CD AND HIS WARDROBE, ITS A BEAUTIFUL THING.

All girl, all the time! ❤ Felicia Dee's Avatar
    Ooo! What an interesting post! In my art practice, I find that the "male" and "female" fall away competely and there is only "artist." Essentially, what I'm saying is, is that I am my most integrated when I create.
    "I'm a work in progress..."

I too have problems drawing stick figures. I went to the art museum last Saturday dress, that it something I wouldn’t do in guy mode dose that count. LOL love Jean

Banned Read only
    Lynda,
    Top of my wish list is to attend my art group dressed, I have been underdressed a few times ! I feel much freer painting when dressed at home, standing at an easel in heels and a skirt allows me more movement, but having to work round a bust takes some getting use to !
    P.S. I work in acrylics rather than watercolour !

Hell-o Lynda,
    Having a small business that is a very artsy, being creative line of work
    I have only tried working at it dressed once. I found I could do the same work.
    There was no difference in appearance between guy me's work, and Kristyn's.
    What I did find working while dressed was that I kind of forgot (much like Wednesday)
    that I was even dressed. I just got caught up in the creative processs, and the art was all that mattered.
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wednesday View Post
    Ooo! What an interesting post! In my art practice, I find that the "male" and "female" fall away competely and there is only "artist." Essentially, what I'm saying is, is that I am my most integrated when I create.
    It's like that for me too, though sometimes (not always), getting in girl mode Kickstarts the creative process and helps find my "zone"
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Ever since i was old enough to hold a pencil, i have been drawing, and i agree with Kate, is is partly an expression of art. Earlier, i drew mostly war cartoons, then comedy, then landscapes, cats, other animals, but secretly drew ladies. I used to draw ladies i would like to marry or be, and later started making "her" an art form i dress as. It is artistic creativity.
    Last edited by Alice Torn; 01-14-2015 at 10:50 AM.

I've been film making now for around 10/12 years and even though I've never included any of my femme stuff in a film it definitely has some influence. The hope is this year to start work on a movie with a Trans Character. Just need to find a good angle.
    www.transpottingtalk.blogspot.co.uk < My lovely blog all about Trans issues and stuff
    Follow me on Twitter @Charlottewbuzz

Nah. My art is in woodcarving/woodturning so the tactics are always the same.
    DonnaT

I am a professional musician. I spent four years as a US Navy musician back in the 1960's, and have been playing professionally in theater and big bands ever since. I play the same, regardless of my clothing. The thing I have noticed is I play better when I have an audience. I do not play as well in recording sessions, and definitely not as well in rehearsals. I have spoken about this with other musicians, and it seems to be universal.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DorothyElizabeth View Post
    ... The thing I have noticed is I play better when I have an audience. I do not play as well in recording sessions, and definitely not as well in rehearsals. I have spoken about this with other musicians, and it seems to be universal.
    Oh I dunno. It's certainly more fun playing for a crowd, but as far as "better" ... eh ... not really, unless you mean like ... performance of the band as a whole, jamming and whatnot.

As far as my individual performance, I'm always at my best when absolutely nobody else is involved ... no audience, no bystanders, no sound guy ... just me, my instrument and a mic or whatever. Then I'll nail it every time (of course, when nobody is looking, lol). Think that's more to do with my super introverted personality than anything else though.
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

I can see where a change of mood succumbs to a change of style.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I work in pastels, not for some time now, the colors are the same and bold or not depends on the subject matter. My intensity how ever does seem to change somewhat on how I am perceiving myself that day. So I guess my answer would be yes to your inquiry.

hi girls, love all your posts, graham nash said something years ago that really clicked in me , write a song, play your guitar , sew a skirt, bake cookies , draw or paint a pichure, wood carve with a chainsaw, anything you like, just do one creative thing a day and youll have a better more content, and youtful life. love hugs lynda