Thread: Avoiding Temptation

Avoiding Temptation

Hi Everyone. Last night, my wife asked me if I could make a "pitstop" on my way home from work today. It seems that one of my daughters best friends was blessed with head lice so I was assigned the task of picking up a preventative repellent spray from Ulta. My wife is sending ME to the "candy store". How does one avoid the temptation in this situation? Does anyone have any advice or does it just take good, old fashioned self control?

Thanx,

Melody
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Well, restraint is only needed if you tend to purchase things that you do not need. However, since you are there, why not get what you need? I know, it sounds simple enough, but .....!

My wife is used to me cruising the aisles, looking at stuff and often bringing stuff that was not on the list. Last night's grocery list said nothing about the jacket I "couldn't live without" (and it was 75% off).

Best wishes
    MsVal

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    Haha, well ... pick your wife up some perfume that she likes while you're in there ... along with a few other things perhaps? :-)

why avoid temptation, when you can share it? ROFL
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

She didn't say to pick up the spray and nothing else, did she?

Avoiding temptation? Not familiar with this concept.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Why, self control, of course. All you have to do is pick up one item at a time, and get another cart if the first one gets too full..is that the kind of self control you meant?
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Do self control and Ulta even go together?

"Avoiding temptation" are two words that do not go together.

I'm sad to say my mission was aborted. She had stopped and picked the stuff up herself this afternoon, probably realizing that sending me to Ulta unsupervised was not a budget friendly decision. *sigh*

Hugs,
    Melody
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.
    - Dr. Seuss

Rotf lmpcao! i can relate to every statement here and no I cant stop off for something for her on the way home and not shop for me! the last time she asked for dog food it cost me over $200.00 buck`s LOL but I scored some really nice Clothes LOL!!! So No Sorry Sassy_T no advice on that here i`m with Michaealesfun on this one just get another cart and go Gurl!! Tonya!
    Tonya Rose This is me! (song by camp rock)

You have your answer in your story alone. If your daughters best friend brought headlice and you have ot make a pit stop, Duh. You of course have to be the good daddy and bring her some make up or something to make her feel good. She's had a traumatizing day and you need to make it better. Can I be in your shoes to go shopping? LOL Hope all gets cleared up though. Nikki

A friend used olive oil on his kids' head lice. Said it worked. Off topic, I know.
    T-shirt says: "Hi, I Crossdress!"

Luckily, we don't have it yet. We're just taking precautions.