Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A First for me: Driving Dressed

A First for me: Driving Dressed

Tonight I got dressed: Denim Skirt, hose, flats, mock turtleneck, and bra. No wig or makeup (don't have any, wanted to be stealthy anyway). Threw an emergency pair of jeans and tshirt in the car, put on my (men's) winter coat (I don't have any women's coats or sweaters), then went for a short drive. A few minutes out I realized I didn't have any men's shoes in the car, decided to continue. I drove to the car wash, got it washed, then drove home.

Overall not too risky, and I wasn't really worried about being caught. I just rarely have the opportunity. It was a fun way to spend some of my precious dress up time.

Nyla

I've only driven dressed once. I wore a pair of the wife's jeans, hose, a scoop neck blouse and a bra along with some heels. I was on my way to my masseuse so my real "exposure" was very short. That having been said I loved the feeling of being in public and dressed.

Isn't driving while dressed a rush? First time I did it I was as nervous as a nun in a ***** house. I soon learned to relax and enjoy it. Now I love to drive down the highway in a short skirt and low cut top.

Quote Originally Posted by cdinmd206 View Post
    Isn't driving while dressed a rush?
    Danielle,

Oddly, it wasn't as big a rush as I was expecting. I guess I felt pretty safe, I wasn't taking big risks (though my wife would not agree).

But it did feel freeing.

Gold Member
    Once in a while, I dress but no wig or make-up.
    I get into the car and drive around the block, get the mail, and return to the
    safety of the garage. Yes it is a rush.
    Rader

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I pulled a DWD today......(Driving While Dressed). ( full makeup etc).......even stopped at a gas station for coffee.....and went to a meeting i had scheduled en femme for some design work...I love looking at the cars next to me to see if they notice....they never do.....i dont think people look to hard anyway.

Every time I drive en femme I like to turn the hot air over my feet, so that my knees don't shake! The first time I felt like everyone else on the road were looking at me, but the sensation disappeared with the time. But it hasn't stopped being fun and exciting!
    One step at a time it is!
    Hugs!
    Gabriela

Ladies, truck drivers nearly always look down into cars as they pass us or vice- versa. I have seen some wonderful clothes and occasionally get a wave and have even seen a few strange things going on in cars. :-P
    Please drive safely and be careful on your journeys

Adriana,

DWD, I'll have to remember that! I agree it's very unlikely other drivers would notice, but passengers? The are times taking the bus that I would peer down into cars, people watching from a safe distance.

Gabriela,

One step at a time? I'm not sure I want to take too many more steps in expanding that boundary. I'd never pass, and don't want to be the dude in a dress. Maybe a longer drive next time, further from home, no emergency clothes? Oh what a slippery slope.

Regards,
    Nyla

Banned Read only
    Hummm, I am always dressed when I drive. What are you girls doing?

This is something I've wanted to do for a long time now. I walk out to my mailbox dressed as Jepheia, and it feel so liberating, I just can't image how good it feels to be out driving. Hopefully I'll do it sometime, I guess its about me taking my baby steps to finally go out into public places.

I have driven underdressed, partially dressed and fully dressed. But the best of all is when your stopped at a traffic light and a guy looks at you and smiles. When this has happened to me, I get a bit giddy and start to think "if he only knew".

Molly

PS: Driving with heels on is challenging, but I'm learning
    "To thine own self be true"

Ya, I tend not to drive in heels if it is going to be a longer drive. I drive a stick shift sports car and it can be a pain if you get stuck in traffic, and have to clutch a lot. So I wear flats or runners. Not the most stylish, but hey, no one sees them while I am in the car and I switch to heels if I need to when I get out. Longest drive was 3 hours in the fall, stopping for gas, restaurant for lunch. It was a beautiful day and I wanted to put the top down, but didn't have a hair band to keep my hair back and it would swirl around my head and get in the way. Now, I keep one in the glove box for that reason!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Yeah, me too. I did that. A heart pounding experience. Now I wonder what I was so afraid of.

Crossdresser-At-Large BillieAnneJean's Avatar
    I get a kick out of reading these "adventures".

I have been driving enfemme just about an hour each way once a week to either a Grand Illusions (http://www.crossdressersmichigan.com) event or just an enfemme day with friends. I have been tooted at by truck drivers. It is a compliment but to me no more than just a compliment. I am fortunate that CDing is more of street theatre to me than life's destiny. So it is all fun.

My most memorable drive was in our two seat sports car with the top down. Summer. Full skirt in a lightweight summer knit. Hair in a scarf. The wind was whipping my skirt around so I had to hold it down with one hand, steer with one hand, and shift with one hand (six speeds babycakes). Of course steering was the main priority, then shifting, and holding the skirt down only as time and resources permitted. Such Fun! And the best part was at that time Amy Pond was still new to this. I took her for a ride. I brought a scarf for her. She was ecstatic at the sensations of being OUT enfemme, exposed in the convertible, wearing a scarf, having to hold her skirt down. When we were done I gave her the scarf. She said that it would be a momentum of the thrill she had. Amy is a wonderful person in every way and such a blessing for The Grand Illusions. We have such great members all.

I have had SO MUCH FUN taking girls OUT for their firsts. It is IN SOME WAYS seeing the world through the wide eyes of a child as in newbee. Be it a convertible ride, first time trying on clothes, first restaurant, first ULTA makeup session, first formal dance (and then bar hopping in ball gowns!), first bachelorette party, whatever their bucket list.

I am having SUCH FUN and am VERY GRATEFUL for this Forum and the opportunity to network and help others realize their dreams! THAT to me is a higher level of joy than just CDing by myself.

Sorry I digress.
    Billie
    Last edited by BillieAnneJean; 01-16-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyla F View Post
    Adriana,
    Gabriela,

One step at a time? I'm not sure I want to take too many more steps in expanding that boundary. I'd never pass, and don't want to be the dude in a dress. Maybe a longer drive next time, further from home, no emergency clothes? Oh what a slippery slope.

Regards,
    Nyla
    Neither I would pass, but I think the slippery slope part is what makes you think "OK I need to get my car to work perfectly, and then drive more carefully than ever, so nothing happens to me in the road" hehe! That's my biggest concern: "what if..." but that's the fun of it, just a bit of a risky situation. I guess it's better than taking the bus while in a dress!
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

A few months back during winter , so hot here now , my wife was running late for work and asked if I could drive her I was in nitey bra panties and forms , I rolled out of bed grabbed a large woolen jumper and track pants and proceeded to drive her she looked at me a few times on the way there we went over a few bumps and my boobs bounced lol . Anyway dropped her to work drove home and changed to boy mode before my kids woke up it was a lovely way to start the day , my wife never said anything about it.

It's exciting Nyla isn't it? I remember my first time, had the emergency change of clothes, etc. It gets better and better!

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

Banned Read only
    Several decades ago I took my first evening/night car trip. I was fully en femme, and, any time since I've been fully en femme. I loved opening the air vents and letting the cool evening air caress my legs. Once a patrol car pulled over next to me at a red light. He did give me a long look that made me uncomfortable. I was wearing a blond wig and had makeup on. Thirty years ago society was not as accepting as now. After that I kept my en femme driving closer to home and on neighborhood streets.

I progressed to getting out of the car and walking. My first forays were on Halloween, which always gives us an excuse for being in women's clothing. On non Halloween forays I started driving en femme with a purpose. I would mail a letter or return a library book or stop at a free newspaper sidewalk box.

When my wife went to the mid west to visit our child for seven to ten days, I really loved my outings which became longer. She always went in the fall, so it was cooler and more inclement. I drove to a residential neighborhood, parked the car, and took a stroll. I always love it when it is raining so I can use an umbrella to shield my masculine face. It also allows me to walk among the humans and not always cross the street when someone is approaching.

Since our child has moved back to our state those forays have been curtailed, sigh! However, my wife's cousin has moved to the southwest and I am looking forward to my wife visiting her for a week.

I must have missed the memo. I never had a problem DWD.

That could be because the purpose was to arrive at a place dressed, not to drive dressed. My mind was always on the destination, not the journey.

Another explanation is that somehow, quite a few years ago I developed a pretty good case of "I really don't care what they think." (I may care quite a bit about what they DO, but that's another thing.)

Best wishes
    MsVal

I went for coffee at Starbucks on my vespa dressed... It was incredible, high heels & leggings & my wig under my helmet lots of horn tooting...

I can emphasize with experiencing that real rush the first time you drive fully dressed. Mine was years ago when I had hand me down clothing and no makeup skills. What's more of a rush is the first time you get out of the car and walk away from your steel safety cage in a public place.
    Who dares wears Get in, get out without being noticed

Platinum Member
    Hi Nyla, Driving all dressed up and wearing hi-heels can be a challenge.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

The closest I came to an excursion was when I drove down to an appointment, about forty miles. I had to stop in a park to change from a skirt to pants, and then repeat the procedure after the meeting. I pretty much had to step out of the car to achieve this, waiting for ten minutes or so for a couple of fishermen to pass by. (they were still in sight when I changed. ha ha). I really enjoyed driving with my girl's clothes on, but I was very nervous.

My first DWD anniversary is just about now. Went out in a mock turtleneck, striped cardigan, bra, women's Dockers. No wig and light makeup. Went to Burger King with no problem. Went to Walmart with a jacket over the top. Later went to Wendy's where three teenage workers came to the window to ogle me. It was all a huge thrill. Couldn't wait to buy forms and a wig. It's still a thrill and love going out.