Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A First for me: Driving Dressed

Remind me of the episode of "COPS" where a southern gentileman gets pulled over in a leopard print body sit.

Banned Read only
    Nyla,
    I've only driven at night but still enjoy it, usually it's a last minute decision so I forget to make a drab backup plan then get a panic attack when I've driven a few miles and then the " What ifs ? " start ! Breaking down in 4" heels is not a good option ! It had been a while since I'd last driven so it felt like someone had messed about with the pedals !!

Just wait until you get into an accident or get pulled over by the state cops. I have already experienced both.

Many times have I driven while dressed! That's how most of my time out is spent.
    It is quite a thrill and very relaxing, especially those few times that I didn't bring any guy clothes along!

If I could share my experience. I drove enfemme for the first time last night. I loved the way my dress sat above my knees. I loved the way my naels looked on the steering wheel and my handbag next to me. An everyday occurance for some, but an exhilarating experience for others.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Nyla, Driving all dressed up and wearing hi-heels can be a challenge.
    No doubt! So is it more of a rush because the high heels are more feminine, or because of the added danger of driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Helen_Highwater View Post
    I can emphasize with experiencing that real rush the first time you drive fully dressed. Mine was years ago when I had hand me down clothing and no makeup skills. What's more of a rush is the first time you get out of the car and walk away from your steel safety cage in a public place.
    Hi Helen. Maybe I'm approaching this in the wrong order. I don't have a wig or know how to apply makeup to I'm a long ways from walking away from my "safety cage". You are braver than I.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Black View Post
    The closest I came to an excursion was when I drove down to an appointment, about forty miles. I had to stop in a park to change from a skirt to pants, and then repeat the procedure after the meeting. I pretty much had to step out of the car to achieve this, waiting for ten minutes or so for a couple of fishermen to pass by. (they were still in sight when I changed. ha ha). I really enjoyed driving with my girl's clothes on, but I was very nervous.
    Even though I had a change of clothes (minus the shoes), I don't know how I would have discretely changed into them if I had too. If I were in an accident, or got pulled over by the cops there would be no time. Plus there just isn't much room in my car to maneuver.

Quote Originally Posted by karynspanties View Post
    Just wait until you get into an accident or get pulled over by the state cops. I have already experienced both.
    Yikes! Ok, this is what will keep me on my toes! I'm not as safe as I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Meyer View Post
    If I could share my experience. I drove enfemme for the first time last night. I loved the way my dress sat above my knees. I loved the way my naels looked on the steering wheel and my handbag next to me. An everyday occurance for some, but an exhilarating experience for others.
    Welcome to the club Jackie!
    Last edited by Nyla F; 01-18-2015 at 08:07 PM. Reason: missed a quote I wanted to respond to

I regularly drive a 200 mile journey while dressed, it's such a buzz, I even stopped and refuelled for the first time two days ago, admittedly it was a self service station but a buzz all the same, my only worry is the thought of getting pulled over by the police, I drive a medium sized van so it's ideal as a dressing room, everything I need to transform is right there with me

My first time driving was such a rush in excitement.
    I felt so free and i loved the feeling of my feet touching the pedals
    With my high heels, it felt so sexy.

Awesome feeling.

My first DWD was such a thrill! I was so scared of being controlled by the police (even for a routine check), and consequently I was driving slow and carefully. It was also at night to reduce the visibility for people looking at my car. But after I was told that police usually looks for cars that drive too carefully (to find drunk drivers), I am now driving completely normally, like I do in drab. It makes it feel much more natural and less scary.

Yesterday, I drove en femme in multiple places in broad daylight for the first time, and my windows are not tinted. I could not count the number of men looking at me when I was stopping at red lights. That was incredible. This is now so exciting to do. Enjoy your next times DWD.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Nyla, Driving all dressed up and wearing hi-heels can be a challenge.
    yes especially when they are 6' platforms! I don't know how women do it on a regular basis... fortunately for me I made it with out rear ending someone lol

For me it is a little daring if I get a ticket or the car breaks down. I've always liked it!

I like to drive dressed, never naked. I usually go out during the day and have never have had a problem, just don't pull up next to teenage girls at a red light. I found that wearing clogs with heels was difficult. I find it's easy to pass while driving too, just step on the gas a little harder!!! Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

I went out at night fully dressed and drove through town many times, but it's still a thrill every time I do that. I always drive in high heels and never had any problems with that. The only shoes I can't use for driving are those with big platform.

Quote Originally Posted by MsVal View Post
    I must have missed the memo. I never had a problem DWD.
    That could be because the purpose was to arrive at a place dressed, not to drive dressed. My mind was always on the destination, not the journey.
    For me, DWD was just one small step toward letting Lori be seen in public. I so intensely desired to be seen and recognized as female, and yet was terrified at the prospect. For some of us, it's a one-step-at-a-time process.

I try to do it at least once a week, although my excursions are largely limited to brief drives in the morning. Underdress at the gym, finish changing in the parking lot, drive to a shopping center with a unisex restroom so I can change into my workaday drab, then to work.

I had the luxury on a recent business trip to spend half of my drive completely en femme - and would have spent the entire drive dressed had I not had a minor fire crop up at work before leaving. (Managed to salvage it, however, as I painted my nails on the KC-Omaha leg.)

I found a great little formalwear boutique in Omaha that let me try on a few dresses even though I got there right at closing time. And even though I didn't have any luck, the SA let me finish putting on a little bit of makeup before heading out to dinner. I wasn't brave enough to eat in a restaurant (wanted to so badly) but I did wind up spending a fair bit of time in public as I had to make a pit stop at a Target because I forgot nail polish remover. The stopover in Target gave me the confidence to walk, head held high, right past a burly trucker and into the women's restroom at a rest stop part of the way into Iowa, and then again into a filling station just outside of Sioux City. And if I weren't rooming with a coworker (and good friend who doesn't know/need to know), I would likely have gone to the hotel desk dressed as well.

Such a tremendous thrill....

I love to drive dressed in a skirt and top.

PH, Heels, & Pretty Dress Rachel Lea's Avatar
    Drove fully dressed, skirt with matching top, tights, heels, make-up, Halloween wig. Excitement in general & terrified at traffic signals even though it was at night. But, I want to do it again. I did not bring any back up clothes. I was very surprised that I had no trouble driving in heel and actually found it very natural, wow.
    Rachel Lea

Gone to live my life
    Hi Nyla,

It is not so much the length of the drive or the risk . . . it is about feeling good in doing what we do. If this felt great to you then it is a good thing.

Hugs

Isha