Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Age vs What You Wear

I'm 38, but dress like I'm 20
    Wouldn't do it any other way!

I am 34 and my wife sometime tells me "don't you think that's too short?" ..
    Often times I bought heels that were too high, skirts that were too short and pantyhose that were more for a night club dancer rather than a home-hidden CD.
    I really plan to go out soon, and for that occasion I need to ask my wife for couple of hints on "how a gg of my age would go out nowadays?" .... it seems stupid but some of my outfits would not be appropriate even for a short tour Unless I really wanna be noticed.... not the case

Life is more fun in heels Genifer Teal's Avatar
    how i dress really depends where I am going. I stretch the age thing a bit if going to a party or club situation. Like wise, I am not going to wear my highest heels to the grocery store. Some of the reality houswives push the boundaries a bit. I feel as long as I don't push further than them, I can get away with it. I have avoided pantyhose but I am starting to see their benefit.

My wife is in her 50's and still wears skinny jeans and mini skirts. It helps that she is 5'2" and 100 pounds so she looks good in most anything. She still gets dirty looks from other women, mostly from the larger gals. In this area very few women dress up, jeans and a nicer sweatshirt is what we see the most of so anything real girlie stands out. My wife stands out most of the time.
    IMO, age has little to do with it. It is more body type, size, weight and so on, and what women wear in your area. If jeans, blouse and tennis shoes are the norm, don't show up in a LBD if you are trying to blend.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I'm in my 60's and enjoy what ever dress, skirt, shorts and top, or leggings make me look the way I want to feel.
    When I first started dressing I loved the juniors stuff, because it was cute, bright, short and sexi..ie fun. But now just a few years later, I discovered the junior waist is not near my own and they look silly, so off to the thrift store they got.
    Alas I just wear what I like! I have never been this age and I'm sure not going to look in a book to see what a proper 60 ish is supposed to be wearing.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

Look around and you'll see that women do this as well...

Older women have been dressing younger for quite some time - but GGs have genetics and the turmoil of hormones to compete with staying in shape... I suspect that some of us find it easier to look younger because we're simply not having to carry that saddle-baggage... (sorry: couldn't resist that... ) - so if we can present younger, why not...?

I think I'm OK aiming for a still trim forty-something look... and OK, at home I might slip down another decade, but why not? It's not going to last forever, and I can't see a full latex body suit in the future for me (sorry Sherry.. ), so I have to make the most of it now...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

As Ceera I always try to dress well. By that, I mean that what I wear is what I would wear - appropriate to the venue - as a successful businesswoman. That means I tend to dress like a moderately affluent lady in her 30's to 40's. I am in my 50's, but most people who see me either in male mode or en-femme peg me as at least ten years younger, and mentally I feel more like I'm in my late 20's to early 30's. It's unlikely you'd ever find me dressing like a high school girl or younger, or in grungy clothes. But anything suitable for college age and up is fair game. I have nice legs and I'm not ashamed to be seen in a miniskirt. Many of my blouses have as low a cleavage as I can get away with - meaning just high enough not to show my bra, given that my breasts are strictly what I can create with good quality silicone breastforms in a bra.

Since I don't pass and only dress around the house when alone, I prefer what I've always preferred...short, tight, and clingy!

My wife and I are both mid-50's, and even though it's a DA/DT situation, once in a while she'll comment on some outfit we'll see either shopping or on TV. She knows where my tastes run and what I'm thinking, and she'll jokingly remind to roll my eyes back in, and that women our age don't dress like that!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I always dress the way I feel, I am in my 60's but most times I dress a lot younger.