Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Age vs What You Wear

Note sure what age group I dress. I just try to ware fashionable outfits based on what I am doing. This picture is when I was walking around the site where the "shot heard around the world" ware fired

But I do know that most that I talk to would not believe I am 60+
    Attached Images Attached Images

Platinum Member
    Hi Sarah, I'm 72 going on 50 .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

great answers everyone, seems everyone is trying to keep age at bay, seems its just not a woman thing

Ive noticed lately that my mom and other women her age are starting to dress a bit younger then they used to, good news for us for sure.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Reine's description fits me pretty well, too (down to wearing t-shirts and jeans as a "non-traditional" college student (late 30s-early 40s at the time for me), and mostly wearing knee length skirts and tops that aren't tight. I generally wear shoes with little or no heels when I'm out. I'm in my late 50s now, but most people think I'm about a decade younger. Either way, I like to think I dress sophisticated/classic, but casual for the most part, and in keeping with that 40s-50s age range.

to cdncdwife - I think a lot of us experiment with different styles, especially in the early days. Sort of like a young woman experimenting with clothing styles and makeup and all. Many of us seem to settle into a style that seems to fit our general age and surroundings. Of course, there are always exceptions

Cheryl, you dress quite well and do look about mid 40s.

Yeah, I remember my grandmothers and great aunt, and other "older" women "bak in the day", who dressed "old". Well, my grandmothers were more stylish. My great aunt always dressed and looked like the old lady in the tweety bird cartoons. These days I know lots of "older" women (my age or older) who dress quite fashionably in various styles. Mature doesn't have to mean dowdy.

Aspiring Member
    Since I'm 19 (turning 20), I guess I'm overly conservative compared to my GG peers, most of whom prefer shorts over skirts or jeans. Heck, much of what I salvaged from the storeroom is very dated if not outright overdressing for casual wear.

California Dreamin Michaelasfun's Avatar
    Style? 53 going on 25 I believe ..of course you can get away with a lot more (less?) in the house than out and about...
    Michaela

If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice. - Rush

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    ...and I just don't like how my knees look compared to my early 50s ....
    Reine, you kill me. Only women talk about how their knees or ankles look. My knees are things that bend allowing me to move. Too funny

LOl. That's because you haven't developed little fat deposits on your knees, likely. I can pinch an inch directly under my knee and it just looks ugly in my eyes. Like a new little bulge that wasn't there before. Kinda looks like I have two knees and in my eyes, it detracts from the long-legged look I used to have when I wore short skirts. So when I wear short skirts, the opaque tights hold everything together and you can't tell. But I can tell when I wear short skirts and sheer hose, or no hosiery at all, hence the knee-length skirts now.

My ankles are OK though.

My SO thinks I'm nuts, but I can tell the difference between now and before. It's the force of gravity at work.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    I observe women and female friends around my own age and size and dress similarly. I enjoyed my mini skirt days but they are long gone.

I am fairly conservative. I'm 72 but look and feel in my early 60's so, naturally, I dress in my late 50's. By the grace of medical science, I have a small feminine body and am pretty proud of it. I do dress it up occasionally.

Bobbi

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I just wear what looks good on me. If I look in the mirror and it looks stupid or not age appropriate I don't buy it. I want to look like all the other trendy women my age and don't want to stick out. That's not the goal of passing.

Even though I'm in my 50's, I still feel like the adolescent that was waiting for god to fix me and make me a girl. I went through most of grade school believing that god had made a mistake, that he would 'fix' me and I would grow female breasts, hips, and my male genitals would disappear and in their place I would become female when I reached puberty. I still feel that way. So I'm 'stuck' at about age 14, and wear appropriate attire for a girl of that age; private school uniforms, cheerleader uniforms, above the knee skirts, pretty much attire that you'd find in the junior's section of a woman's clothing department, nothing really sexy or revealing. And I'm most comfortable that way. Same with hairstyle; I know it's way out of appropriate for a 50+ year old to be sporting long, silky, beautiful locks, pony tails, long braids, but that's what I wear. Shoes too; I like the idea of heels, but mostly wear mary jane flats and sneakers that started out plain white, but I decorated with cute laces and pastel coloring where the stripes and such would be; As such, I can't wear them with drab attire, but I have other shoes for that. My most recent treasured item is a genuine cheerleader jacket, with the megaphone embroidering and 'Lexi' embroidered on the front left side of the jacket. All in my favorite high school team colors, red and black with white highlights. Goes with my cheerleading uniform perfectly. Ahhhh, to dream of what should have been.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar
    I'm 28 and I love the sexy office girl look and dresses
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.

I'm 59 and look younger as a woman. Strange feeling. I'm verry classic and think it suits me.
    8.jpg
    Last edited by Juliax35; 01-17-2015 at 04:58 PM.

I probably dress inappropriately, but any time I feel old and saggy I go to places where people my age hang out and I look pretty fresh. It's like the old saw about not having to outrun the bear, I just have to outrun the guy next to me.

I wear what fits my age group, being only 20 I get quite a few options I prefer a more cute look, such as a cute pair of jeans with knee high leather boots, a nice fitting short sleeve shirt, a jacket to match, a scarf and a matching purse

I will be 63 on Monday. I really try to dress age appropriate. I don't wear skirts or dresses that are too short. Heels all heights up to 4 1/2" platforms. I try for the professional women look. I think I could use a stylist for some help.

I'm a senior citizen but dress as a 30 or 40 something
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I dress office professional. Actually, it's rather depressing to see what the vast majority of GGs, of all ages, are wearing these days.
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter

I know for my age I dress way too young, But as long as I feel good in it and the guys like the looks I,ll keep doin it as long as I can.
    There are people who think you should live life the way they do. I live life the way I want to.

42, most of my dresses and skirts are just at or slightly above the knee though longer is nice too. Heels are only 3 - 4 1/2" variety anymore. My ankles hurt too much with higher. :-( I would like to think I dress aged appropriate.

I'm thirty and I tend to dress younger I guess. Well it really depends on the situation really. If I'm gonna just sit and watch a movie it'll be yoga pants and sports bra, stuff around the house jeans and a top. Now if I'm meeting up with my friend it tends to be business casual(skirt, top and what not), a little age appropriate.

The fact is that all of us think that we look younger than our real age.....and this is really true. A little makeup and some proper grooming makes a big difference. Women have the advantage of being able to do the necessary things to project a beautiful and young image. As for me, when I am in dim light, I can dress in any style and project any age. It is really fun. In broad daylight as at the mall, I dress in a smart skirt or dress with nothing striking such as really short skirts etc. so that I blend in in good taste. Life is good living in different styles.

I usually favor the crazy aunt the family locks in the attic look.

Seriously, I like well tailored clothes that hang well and aren't too tight. I prefer longish skirts and dresses over pants and natural fabrics, although synthetics have improved greatly over the years. A lot of my clothes are vintage, mixed with some newer things that I found I liked. I've always have had a good eye for women's clothes. One of the things that attracted me to my late SO was her taste in clothes and I was always able to buy for as well as recommend clothes for her when we were out shopping.
    I don't know where this puts me as far as age goes, probably in my 50s; I'm pushing 70.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Personally I wear what I like. If it is a mini with a t-shirt, or a maids uniform or a cheerleader, or what ever I want to. I don't think I could really enjoy dressing if I had to dress my age. (50)

Kymmie
    Just your average harley riding crossdressing biker

Why be normal??????