Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm trying to be a man. But I don't think I can do it.

Lexi, if I had your proportions and size, I would have a tough time wearing men's clothes. I knew a guy like you. He got married and had three kids, but was as feminine as Betty Crocker. You need to learn to be comfortable with yourself the way you are. Fortunately, society today is much more tolerant of people like us. True, it will be more difficult to find a partner, but many women do like a man that can relate and can be as compassionate as a woman. You have a gift and should consider your strengths and not worry about trying to be the macho man you are not.

Lexi,
    I feel the same.
    But I think I would rather be 90% female and 10% male...
    Love your avatar ... that is not U is it?

Quote Originally Posted by prene View Post
    Lexi,
    I feel the same.
    But I think I would rather be 90% female and 10% male...
    Love your avatar ... that is not U is it?

I hate being a man.
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-18-2015 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Hi Lexi,

I think your last post says a lot, and you are not alone in having these feelings. I would agree with others who have suggested seeing a therapist who is familiar with GID.

Like you, I've always had a slight build, no Adam's apple and a light beard, and when growing up wondered why I couldn't look more "like a man". Now I find these characteristics are a blessing and help a lot when I am presenting as female. I can understand your confusion about sexual preference and identity. In high school guys would hit on me even though I wasn't gay and didn't wear women's clothes, and that for me was very confusing. (All of my relationships have been heterosexual.)

All best wishes,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaK View Post
    Lexi, if I had your proportions and size, I would have a tough time wearing men's clothes. I knew a guy like you. He got married and had three kids, but was as feminine as Betty Crocker. You need to learn to be comfortable with yourself the way you are. Fortunately, society today is much more tolerant of people like us. True, it will be more difficult to find a partner, but many women do like a man that can relate and can be as compassionate as a woman. You have a gift and should consider your strengths and not worry about trying to be the macho man you are not.
    I have no problem getting woman. I have dated four girls last year before picking the one I want. But then after we committed to each other is when I worked hard to lose the muscle mass and lowered my testosterone to look more like how I want.

I won't specu late on where you may be on the tg spectrum. Ultimately it is you who knows that. But, I would say if you are basing it solely on traditional interests of men and women you are doing yourself a disservice. I know girly girl GG's who love football and redneck men who don't like sports. Two of them actually, And one of them loves to bake. Where you are on the spectrum is more than just individual taste. A bigger reflection is how you truly feel you relate and connect with, males or females.

For me being a man lately is becoming not an option.
    I feel the need to be a female an i just love the feeling accepting it.

I can not control it.

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    Iam pretty new to this whole thing so cant really offer any advice.

BUT I do understand your predicament to some extent Lexi. And I am sure there are many others who will know exactlywhat I mean by the next statement.
    I really wish there was a switch, a machine, a magic potion that gave me the ability to change and be whatever I wanted to be that day
    There are advantages to being a tough and muscly male with a six pack and killer arm bulges but there are days when I want to look like a princess or a swiss miss myself & go out and be totaly unrecognised as the man I was the day before.
    Being stuck half way between both just seems cruel sometimes. If only putting on your chosen gender was as easy as stepping into your slippers in the morning, We would all have male andfemale days Im sure.

Lexi,you sound like my Erika. She says the same things as you. When we find time to go shopping for clothes she has great taste.