Thread: Privacy

If only you could see me sarahcsc's Avatar

Privacy

Hi everybody,

This is probably known to everybody by now but in case you don't know... please pay attention.

I created a "photobucket" (online pic hosting account) account in 2007 and have been using that to host various pics including a few of my crossdressed pics.

I stopped using that account many years ago and somehow my account privacy settings was reset.

A friend of mine searched my name today on google and the photobucket account showed up first on the list!

I was shocked to find that my photos have went public.

I don't know how long has this been going on but needless to say, it was very unsettling for me.

So for those who are new to picture hosting, please ensure that you keep your photos private.

Sigh... I just hope none of my friends/family found out on Google before I had a chance to tell them. That would disastrous.

-Sarah
    Last edited by sarahcsc; 01-17-2015 at 04:01 AM.
    "The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me" - Ayn Rand

be glad you dont have face book.

It's still your account, go in and delete the pictures. This will head off any future problems.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

It's sad but true, as much as the internet is amazing with everyday life, it can also be a nightmare. People love dirty laundry and they can never get enough of it. I hope not but believe one day even me being here will haunt me. Hope you get them removed before someone else sees them.

Platinum Member
    Hi Sarah, With the way that Government and large corporations are hacked do we lonely Crossdressers really stand a chance.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    Once you put something on the Internet it's there for good. Example - you put a bunch of photos on a site and then forget your password or they cancel your access for some "violation". Your photos are still on the Internet and you can't do a thing about it. Or, someone copies your photos and puts them on a public website.

If you feel compelled to put incriminating photos (or any information) on the Internet, don't associate it with your real name.

Platinum Member
    That had to be a shock! Good advice.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

I have two FB accounts. Julia's account suggests friends from my guy account all the time. If someone suspected that I have this "other life" I don't think it would take long to put two and two together.

i dont have any other account to share photos, i wont even use my cell phone for photos, just in case a few end up in the cloud because my settings were mixed up or changed,
    live by the interweb, die by the interweb.......surprised i share here what i share sometimes.....

hope your secret is still safe from them till you decide who knows.......

thanks for the warning.....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Don't forget that Google has a big memory. Even if you delete totaly a website, if it once has been referenced by Google (or another search engine), it is in his memory and it can be found, viewed in the way it was at the time of the referencement.

The rule is "Avoid putting your personal business in the hands of others.". Although this is unavoidable under certain circumstances (for instance, performing surgery on oneself) it is still good to keep in mind. Once something is online, it is out of your control.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Put as succinctly as possible, if you don't want someone to find it on the Internet, never put it on the Internet. Once it is out there, it is out there forever. Don't use your phone or tablet to take photos, because there may be an automatic backup to the "cloud." If you want to be really paranoid about it, tape over the camera lenses on both sides of the phone and tablet, because someone somewhere may have a way of looking at whatever those cameras are seeing at any time.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

I assure my own privacy by not posting pix on any internet site. My photo sharing is done the old fashioned way, a developed film print pasted into a hard cover album with paper pages. That way nobody sees the pix I don't want them to see.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

As someone once wrote, once you post it on the internet, it's there forever. I once came across a picture of a crossdresser holding a sign which read, 'I love to suck'. The picture is all over the net. I don't know if he intended it that way. But I'm sure lots of similar pictures of us are out there, that weren't meant to be spread around.
    Be careful of what you upload. Once it's there, anyone can access it and do whatever they want with it. No matter how secure you think it is.
    Don't take pictures of anything that you don't want the world to see.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

S, Thanks for this thread! I have a Photobucket account, too, have not used it for several years, have hundreds of photos ther, forgot my username and password!

There is no privacy on the internet. Face book and google make millions selling you info.

I would love to post a picture of myself dressed on this site, but am afraid as what goes on the net is totally open for anybody to use.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaK View Post
    I would love to post a picture of myself dressed on this site, but am afraid as what goes on the net is totally open for anybody to use.
    oops....

Be careful when downloading "apps" for your phone or tablet, too. Review the permissions the app requests. I once looked for a "flashlight" app for my phone, and it asked for access to the camera and microphone. Facebook's app of course asks for both, and also location. Rumor had it that Facebook's app could randomly listen, and if some sort of music were playing anywhere in audio range it would identify the tune, then post on your timeline that you were listening to that tune right then. I presume it could say where you were, too. Too bad there's no way to selectively grant permissions. It seems to be all or none.
    "But what is Truth? Is Truth unchanging law?
    We both have truths - are mine the same as yours?"

Lets make this perfectly clear, there is no privacy online. Anything you sign up for, join, or use , claims the exclusive rights to everything you post. Be it words, pictures, files of any sort....it becomes theirs to use or sell, it says it eight in thier terms that no one ever reads.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!