Thread: Some "me" time today

Some "me" time today

Last night my wife and I went out for drinks and food, afterward we went and got me my first makeup. So today my wife is going to go out shopping and I will get some me time.

I have never applied makeup before, so I am sure it will turn out terrible.

Even though she does not want to actively participate I am extremely happy to have her willing to let me shop with her and have her make suggestions... Even if she is muttering how weird it is the whole time

Practice is the key (I am still learning things about makeup all the time)

Felicia,

Practice makes perfect. Just keep trying and with time you'll start to see some amazing results.

There are tutorials on youtube as well as some good basic books out there if you want to go that route.

Good Luck and most of all... Have Fun!!!

I wish i had someone to help buy makeup. I bought some random basics around halloween, i think many of them don't do what i thought they did or looked like. now i'm waiting until i have access to other parts of the forum to get a better idea what to look for/get so i don't end up with alot of unused stuff. only things i know work well are nail polish, cause i think its hard to get that wrong.
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

Well, after a few loads of laundry it is now me time. We wake up early for work, so we spent the morning watching TV and stuff until the laundry was over, then it was my wife's time to head out.

The makeup is on, and I'm in my only outfit: hand me down blue jeans, brown boots and a brown sweater. Needs a little something, but I'm trying not to just keep buying stuff. Gotta pace myself.

So for the next few hours it's just me me and the cat.

The makeup turned out okay, I guess. Not spectacular. I think the foundation is a bit light, but it's not too bad. Covers up the shadow well.

Now I just don't know what to do, so I'm watching movies. I would go for a drive, but we share a vehicle, so until my project truck is done I'm stuck at home.

If your makeup turned out okay on your first try you have me beat by a long shot!
    Took me quite a few tries, and giving up, and trying again, before I got anything like okay.
    Sounds like your wife is being as supportive as she can at this point, and that's pretty good, too. Letting you shop with her, give suggestions, and give you time and space is very nice.

Closeted Kat - one way to get someone to help is to go to a makeup store or counter and get the professionals to help. I know it's not the same as having a friend or SO to help, and it is likely costlier than buying cheaper brands/items from a drugstore or similar, it can be a big help in getting good quality, the right colors and items, and some ideas about application. Even better if you can go en femme and get a makeover. I know any of that can be a big step if you've never been out in public, but if you can manage it somehow it's well worth it in my opinion and experience.

Platinum Member
    Hi Felicia, Welcome to our forum, When you are here you are home.

Google applying makeup there some great videos.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaMCD View Post
    ... Even if she is muttering how weird it is the whole time
    Filicia, I practically mutter how weird it is the whole time when I am out. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Filicia, I practically mutter how weird it is the whole time when I am out. ;-)
    Yeah, I can understand how she feels. I always tell her thanks for letting me be weird.

Also, I see you're in Boise. I was over there in October for an event. Also heading to Santa Clara later this year for another event. That's close enough to San Jose.