Thread: costume party tonight........

costume party tonight........

A while ago, one of the ladies at work invited me to her daughters 18th birthday, costume party. She wasn't sure about the theme and when I suggested a celebrity or character of the opposite gender starting with b, she went for it and yes, she does know about Melissa.
    I didn't really know how extensive to go with it but I eventually decided on a Britney Spears, schoolgirl costume from the "Hit me baby one more time" era.
    I compiled a costume of wig, white blouse, black skirt, stockings, heels and minimal makeup and went.
    Nervousness was setting in so I texted the hostess to say I was nervous and she came out to see and I got out of the car and when she saw my costume, she said she wanted her daughter to be introduced to "Britney" and so we did that (her daughters name starts with b, hence the theme. There was shock but immediate acceptance and in the nicest possible way, nobody gave a shit or treated me any different really despite being in full drag. Others made a token effort but I was the only one really in costume except for the hostess
    The 18yr old wanted to have some photos with me and she wasn't sure how to pose and so I said "snap my bra strap" and she said "where is it?" and I said "Well where do you think it is?"......She must have been in shock
    I was wearing my breastforms and when it happened to come up and the hostess felt the need to grope me (I didn't mind), she then got about 5-6 of the 18-20yr old women there to do it too and they were shocked at my forms and were fixated on them throughout the night.
    The youngest of the kids, a 14 year old boy was a little confused I guess and I teased him that he found me cute dressed like that and he wanted to look up my skirt but in reality, he didn't really treat me any differently.
    I was asked to the 20yr old other daughters next party in march and its a costume party too with a heroes and villains theme and she was trying to come up with female characters for me to come as.
    Prior to tonight, only one person (who knows boy me and is not in the transgendered world) met Melissa and now I can add about a dozen or so people all up and in this particular instance (in the nicest possible way), nobody gave a shit how I was dressed and nobody treated me any different and I guess you cant ask for more than that

Melissa
    Last edited by Princess29; 01-17-2015 at 10:51 AM.

Wonderful brave story. So proud that you had a part in the theme of the party.

So glad you had a great time
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

I'm happy you had great time.

Hay Melissa sounds like you Rocked it. Then to get invited back, it seems like everyone had a great time.
    I can't wait to see what you'll pull off in March.

Sounds like a great party and a wonderful friend

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    U sound like a natural to me, Princess! I don't have that much confidence or fun going out on Halloween.

Thanks for the upbeat, encouraging story!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

it didn't help that it was nearly 40 degrees Celsius (around 95F I would say) but I stayed "in costume" the whole night and drove home like that.
    The 20yr old daughter at one point said that if I wanted to change out of it, her mum probably would have something for me to wear. I did have a change of clothes but kept on my girl stuff.
    The women kept groping me throughout the night but didnt seem so keen when I said 'okay, my turn now".......(wasn't going to do it, just trying for a reaction from them)

Platinum Member
    Hi Melissa, Don't forget your camera tonight,
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Sounds like fun.

How about Xena, warrior princess or Wonder Woman
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

I still cant believe that I did it but there you go and I definitely picked the right group to do it with as they didn't treat me any differently but mind you, kept referring to me using female terms like 'she" and "her" and calling me a girl (and not in even a slightly derogatory way).

I love your whole story! Sounds like you have a great sense of humor, too, which helped, I'm sure. Everyone could be playful about it.

Like a fairy tale come true. I'm happy for you and astonished at how accepting everyone was.

I've been to a few of that family's functions before but never in costume, let alone in a female costume.
    I already actually have a villain costume from a previous party (a family one) and its a cheap starwars clonetrooper costume so I have that now. Not sure if I'd go as a girl anyway but heck, its already out now and it would be completely cool with them if I did

What an encouraging story! Isn't nice when GG's enjoy and have fun with us? So you didn't say how they responded when you said "My turn now..."
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

To them were you just wearing a funny costume, or did theyall know you are a crossdresser?

When I said my turn now, the women all ran off.
    The mother (hostess) knew about my crossdressing beforehand but she was the only one of the group or family who did. She hadn't seen me dressed though.
    The people at the party just said stuff like "I can't believe how well you walk in heels" but they didn't ask if I had done it before. Just acceptance