Thread: Mental crossdressing

Mental crossdressing

So.. a lot of you may remember that I recently took a management position for a national company's NE region.

I had to cut out almost all of my daily female presentation. I got to keep my pony-tail, but even 'mall level' earrings were 'too much'. So, I had to swap to button front shirts, creased pants and wing-tips.

I'm leading a group of techies running from 5-ish years of experience to 20+ years. The last two managers these guys had were 'Managers'. Critters who had NO technical experience. I was worried when I was first given this position about my acceptance, but I have pretty much 100% acceptance by the crew. (Yah, I know that is unusual, and I'm lucky).

I find myself becoming a form of 'Mom' to them. My female traits are showing up, regardless of my 'collar-stay'd role.

Each team member has individual needs and strengths. After initial bluster, each one is getting comfortable with showing me where they are weak. I have other managers asking me for advice and thoughts on problems they are working with. The team who is 'upward facing' to the parent company is forwarding my ideas.

I'm resentful of not being able to wear pretties, but I'm still very much able to take on a female role here. I'm becoming Mom/Auntie. I just wish I could do it in a big swishy skirt.

"
    This above all- to thine own self be true,
    And it must follow, as the night the day,
    Thou canst not then be false to any man.

Pelonius. Hamlet, A1, S3
    <3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Platinum Member
    Hi MM, It sure sounds like you have worked into a great position.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Good for you MM! Sounds like you are a good leader, not just a manager! Hope you continue to enjoy the new position, despite, well, you know.

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Move on up to the Big Time, Mecha. Then, u can institute Female Fridays!

Yeah, you're rite. I could NEVER fit in a corp/Army/any employment position!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Soon head office will call you in. They'll say "Moose! What's yer secret? We all think you're a genious!" That's when you tear off the suit, revealing the Vegas show girl costume underneath and music starts playing to accompany your song and dance number that reveals the true meaning of managing.

Damn it! Those sequins are not gonna stick themselves!!

So.. make good run on these goals, ok?

"I'm wearing a pencil skirt. I'm not 'running' anywhere!"

/swish
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

MM - sounds like you've got lucky with the tone of the company, but you are of course deserving of plaudits for your approach...

If I look back now on aspects of my career I can see similarities with what you're describing as a more nurturing approach with staff, particularly younger ones - there's a lot to be said for that in getting the best out of people and having them fulfil their potential... maybe that is something we exhibit more naturally than the normal machismo (which has always really got my goat, but is the expected mode in many corps... )

Good for you! I'm pleased it's going well... but your plans for feminine subversion must be long term and very, very insidious to stay under the radar...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Banned Read only
    MM,
    Maybe the next office party is the time to do a bit of swishing !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi MM,

It sounds like you are truly a transformational leader (no pun intended on the use of the word trans ). We do things a bit differently in my world with more directing than mentoring . . . well done on you.

Hugs

Isha

MM,

I'm finding that there is more to my TG than just dressing. Being more relaxed, more open and more empathetic -- letting those "female " attributes merge with the rest of me -- has made me a better person. Sounds to me like folks are sensing this in you, and are opening up to you in ways that they might not have with a more macho persona. I think that's great!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Well done Madame!

Remember the Tortoise and the Hare....Slow and steady wins! Your crew is lucky to have you!!!

Jaye
    Satchel was right, something is gaining on me...And God bless the creator of e-cigs!

As one door closes, another opens.

Although it is somewhat disturbing to adopt the corporate presentation template, you now have carte blanche to explore and further develop those feminine characteristics which live in your heart. Take the opportunity and run with it, for one day this door may close as another one opens.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Do you think you would still have 100% acceptance if you could wear that big swishy skirt?

No. I doubt it would work as well as it does.

I wish that wasn't the answer, but it makes a difference in that I'm 'accepted' at an early level, allowing me the opportunity to get to the more advanced ones.

- MM

Always remember that you have a job and it sounds like it is a good job. Currently, there are thousands of people out there who would give up anything to trade places with you.

Think!! Don't go of half cocked and cook the golden goose. One wrong move and being management, you are expendable at the stroke of a pen.

Jodi