Thread: amost three days en femme. And a broken down car.

amost three days en femme. And a broken down car.

Well it's been quite an adventure this weekend. Many firsts, and lots of fun! Everything from a manicure to shopping to creepy guys, I think I experienced a lot of what it's like to be a woman. It's fun, exciting, and sometimes scary.

I started off Friday working from home, then off to the nail salon at 3PM for a color change. Well really back to purple (see the thread "what color are your nails now"), since I had removed it from my fingernails for the work week. Nothing picks up your mood quite like a fresh manicure color. Called up a friend and asked him if he'd go wig shopping with me. In guy mode at this point, so nothing exciting, except I got recognized at a fast food restaurant by one of the girls from our local bar. He was in guy mode too, that was kinda funny.

Then I had a fun night beating the boys at pool, stayed out too late, woke up Saturday and did it all again! This time I went all day en femme. Dressed casual and day makeup, hopped in the car, went through the drive through, parked and then walked around Hillcrest. Shopped 3 thrift stores and Walgreens for razors. I even asked at the checkout counter where the ladies room was, and they unlocked it for me! Took my time in goodwill going through all the racks, found a cute pair of white capri jeans, a gorgeous BeBe skirt and a top. It's soooo much more fun, enjoyable, and easier to shop en femme. Pretty much everyone left me alone - or maybe I was just too much in my own world of bargain hunting to notice if anyone was laughing at me. Then a gentleman held the door open for me as I left. On the street and driving in the car, no funny looks at all, no pointing and laughing, I was just another girl shopping. Hillcrest is very much a LGBT friendly area, not sure I'd have the same results anywhere else.

Another fun night of beating the boys at pool until last call, but there was a creepy guy watching me late in the evening. Thankfully two of my guy friends had stopped in, so I asked them if they would wait with me to get an uber home. They were super sweet and made sure I got home safe. That's just something you don't think about in guy mode. And it really pains me to think my daughters will have to think about things like that just about every day of their lives as they grow up into young women. What a crazy world.

Today, laundry, cleaning my apartment, another trip to the drive through en femme. I'm half a mile from home and my car2go dies. Engine quit at a stop sign, and I'm stuck. Ugh! Here I am full femme (sandals, no heels thankfully), and I thought I was going to have to push the car to the curb! Lucky me it seems there was just enough of a hill or a little propulsion left and a wide open parking spot 20 feet away, so I coasted right into it. Disaster averted.

Really getting up my courage, getting better with makeup, and LOVE my new wig. It makes such a difference when in the real world. Practice, get out there, be safe.

hugs,
    Jamie

It sounds like you are enjoying yourself too much. Too bad tomorrow is Monday and back to the grind.

Dont know about where you are but tomorrow is a holiday. (MLKjr day)
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

Not everyone gets MKjr day off.... I sure don't.

Sounds great (for the most part), Jamielynn!

I used to live in Hillcrest, many MANY years ago. But you could have the same results many other places. I've shopped in Mission Valley/Fashion Valley without any problems and little notice, for example, as well as in other towns and cities and areas in various parts of the US. But there are areas I would avoid or not go to at night (en femme or en homme).