Thread: watching sport

watching sport

hello,
    watching the football game last night I realised that I can't watch sport on television when dressed - does anyone else feel the same?
    luv J

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I guess everyones different.....I love it !!!! I feel like I'm sitting in the press box v.i.p style.....well at least I pretend to be in my head....i also think i look hot.....thats part of my imagination too though......but I enjoy it could be cause i'm a tomboy anyway.....

No, i have no problem with that. I just saw philly vs islanders wearing a petticoat. Unfortunally nothing eller nice.

I actually don't watch much sports on TV regardless. Now, my wife, on the other hand, was glued to the TV for both Football games and Tennis from the Australian open, and she was dressed the entire time !!
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

I cant do the two either, I dont know whether thats a guilt thing or the societal norm of men do men things and women do womens things ingrained in myself. I cant watch war films or football dressed(i was dressed for the games last night for a bit of hypocrisy) and when dressed ill listen to some guilty pleasure music like taylor swift or miley cyrus and come on the boards here.

With all that said, when im drinking with friends in a bar and inhibitions get lowered i do have to stop myself from complimenting the girls outfits and outting myself, if that did happen and the situation arose to go out dressed with them sometime id do it in a heartbeat but would still go back to boy mode if the game came on. The human brain is the most annoyingly strange complex machine on the planet..

Sarah x
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I can watch sports on TV dressed, but when I'm at the venue attending the game, I'm fully in boy mode

Quote Originally Posted by Eringirl View Post
    I actually don't watch much sports on TV regardless. Now, my wife, on the other hand, was glued to the TV for both Football games and Tennis from the Australian open, and she was dressed the entire time !!
    Pretty much the same around here, never been much of a sports person, but the wife is. Go figure! ... and she was dressed as well!

I bought my Buffalo Bills t-shirt purposely to wear watching (American) football on TV.

Took a while to get the chicken wing sauce out!

Silver Member
    I also tend to avoid mixing typical masculine activities with being dressed. When i have the chance to dress i want to immerse myself with a typical feminine activity like shopping or my a salon appointment.

To the football watchers yesterday, did you notice all of the big macho guys on the field were wearing capri pants? Maybe this could catch on elsewhere.

LOL..funny thing..lastnight I'm sittin on the couch,in my lounging attire..satin robe , panties..had my breastforms on but no bra..watching the football game...wife says.."Lana , you just can't give up the game can you?"..I didn't think anything about it.......I was relaxing!!!...she just laughed and went back to her book.

Maybe you just need to get a cheerleader's outfit!

There's no reason why watching football should be considered a "typical masculine activity[y]" My ex used to love football and baseball and my current gf watches and roots for almost anything (even curling.) Frankly, when I'm trying to learn girly behavior, I try to emulate her energy and excitement (I'm 'way too reserved.)
    Last edited by Pat; 01-19-2015 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    I also tend to avoid mixing typical masculine activities with being dressed. When i have the chance to dress i want to immerse myself with a typical feminine activity like shopping or my a salon appointment.
    Don't say this to the several women who I was watching the game with yesterday, nor the vast number of female sports fans everywhere.

Their just clothes, I am who I am, I might just tone it down a bit.

Yeah, this happens to me too, but then it's usually because I'm so into the game the urge to dress goes down

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    To the football watchers yesterday, did you notice all of the big macho guys on the field were wearing capri pants? Maybe this could catch on elsewhere.
    I once saw a tweet from one of the guys on the eagles team to another saying that your pants should never be tighter than your girlfriends, the cheerleaders clothes are usually looser

Quote Originally Posted by irene9999 View Post
    Yeah, this happens to me too, but then it's usually because I'm so into the game the urge to dress goes down
    I think that might be a good explanation, the excitement waiting for a game to start would put dressing out of my mind for sure, sunday is game day for me so I do and think of little else that day, unless the cheerleaders flash up on screen and it comes back briefly
    Last edited by Katey888; 01-21-2015 at 06:28 AM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

I refuse to watch sports on TV no matter how I'm dressed or who I am or what I'm wearing. Sports is a total waste of time.
    Jon

I not only watch my sports while dressed enfem but have specific dresses and skirt sets for whichever team I'm routing for.

The overwhelming majority of my time in front of the tube is watching hockey, soccer, or football. I am able watch these sports while dressed unless one of my teams are playing. In that case, I get too worked up, especially if they are losing, and want to burn off my testosterone surge by working out or something similar. But if it's two teams playing that I don't specifically root for, then no problem.

If I am dressed and have time to sit around and watch non-sports TV, it'll either be HGTV or QVC.

But the truth is, I usually can't relax to watch much TV when dressed, as I'm usually listening for any cars pulling in my driveway. With a wife and two adult children all working irregular shifts, I rarely have enough time to kick back and get lost in TV programs. Maybe someday.
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)