Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On our anniversary she did something to make me cry

On our anniversary she did something to make me cry

My wife and I celebrated our 13th anniversary together this weekend. I can’t believe how fast time seems to pass by. We went to dinner at The Keg, a great little steakhouse in our neighborhood, and had a fabulous meal. They even served us a complimentary glass of champagne and toasted us modestly. (Not like those vulgar birthday announcements most restaurants do.)

After dinner we went home, and I prepared to tell her the bad news about her gifts I had ordered. I was pretty bummed out that I had gotten a shipping notification that what I had ordered was delayed and wouldn't arrive until Monday. She kind of giggled when she said “that’s OK, it will be worth the wait” when I told her, and then she handed me a parcel to unwrap. It was a “To Us” gift; the expansion set to a tabletop game we both enjoy playing with each other and with friends. We spent the rest of the evening trying to thwart the other in the conquests of Waterdeep and the outlying areas.

Monday rolls around, and I’m like a kid at Christmas waiting impatiently for the UPS guy to drop off my package. It finally gets here, and I think to myself, “dang, that’s a bigger box than I expected!”

My wife comes in and hands me a bag overflowing with tissue paper and wants me to open her gift first. I eagerly dig through the layers of paper to find a V-Neck top, a tunic shirt, and this awesome dark purply color nail polish.

My jaw just drops as I look at her.

“I saw these on your wish list, but don’t be surprised if I steal them once in a while!” she tells me. She starts rubbing my head (I recently shaved it all off, and she loves that feeling) and tells me “I love you most as my husband, but I want you to be happy in all aspects so I got your other half gifts this year.”

I start to tear up, but hold it in as best as I can..

I tell her it’s my turn, and apologize for not having them properly wrapped, but her gifts are in the box. As I’m opening it up, she turns red and blurts out “Don’t be mad! I know what you got me from Coach because it was obvious from the questions you were asking. But I changed your order and included some things for you too!”

Again, my jaw hits the floor…

As I’m digging through the box pulling out the most carefully wrapped items I have ever seen I just can’t contain myself any more as I pull out a new purse and wallet for myself packed in with the items I got for her.

So here I sit, hours after she’s gone to bed, grinning from ear to ear at the wonderful gifts I have received, and still teary-eyed and overwhelmed with how much love and support she has shown me today.
    Tongue-tied and twisted, just an earth-bound misfit, I.

Woman first, Trans second
    Sounds like an excellent night, and congrats on the Coach. Pics of the bag are mandatory!
    Coming out is like discovering that you've been drowning your whole life after actually breathing air for the first time.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jaye,

What a wonderful story . . . thanks for sharing.

Hugs

Isha

Dang! What is it with these stupid allergies? Now my eyes are all watery, too!

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful experience, Jaye. I'm so happy to hear it!
    Ms. Tina Zee - Your favorite gender nonconforming ukulelist and vocalist. Well, one of your favorites, I hope.

See me sing right here! https://www.youtube.com/user/MsTinaZee

i gave up smoking years ago, but that dam smoke keeps getting in my eyes, that story made my day , i love happy times .love, peace ,hugs lynda

Add another tearful joy for you both. Happy Anniversary.
    Hugs

Oh how sweet! I got teary too just reading it ... Happy Anniversary, and may you both have many more!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

very nice story jaye,
    happy anniversary....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

How sweet of her! Sounds like you and your wife have an excellent relationship!

I can't imagine how many of us are envious of that incredible bit of validation. You are right to be teary-eyed and overwhelmed.

Thank you for this morning's big-ol'-grin. I'll wear it all day long.

Best wishes
    MsVal

Happy anniversary

happy anniversary
    made me tear up a bit.

hugs

jessica

Did you say shopping? Caden Lane's Avatar
    I think my allergies are bothering me... Awww hon that was incredibly sweet of her!

Ever & Always,
    A "cries at weddings" Caden Lane
    "These aren't 'women's clothes'. These are my clothes. I bought them with my own money."
    Eddie Izzard

I'm flipping genders, what's your super power?!?!

Please visit my wordpress blog: http://southerncrossdresser.wordpress.com

I just really enjoyed reading this thread. I think it's awesome and I'm a little jealous. What a wonderful wife.

Wow!

Yep, allergies!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Beautiful story, thanks for sharing ! She is a keeper for sure. I think that deserves another dinner out!

Hey ladies, pass the allergy meds over, something in the air here too !!

Erin
    Seize the day. Life is short, and you're dead a long time...just sayin' ...

Happy Belated anniversary! Cherish your wife forever, she truly is among the few when it comes to truly great women. Thank you for sharing such a wonderful experience.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

That's a truly great story, I kept thinking how sweet it was as I continued to read. It sounds like you have a really amazing other half there. I wish you both the best in the future and that you have many more wonderful anniversary's to come. Thanks for sharing the story wish us.

Best wishes

Cassie.

She's a keeper!! Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Bria

Congratulations to you both She is a keeper for sure !
    Sometimes I like to dress as Linda Leigh

WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications.

That's a wonderful story, Jaye, Happy Anniversary!

I think those allergies are catching! (as I wipe away some tears)

Awesome! Sounds like you both have a great thing going there! Lots of mutual love and respect!

(I know of this Waterdeep of which you speak)

Thanks for sharing this heart warming story!

Aw-w-w-w. That's sweet. I didn't cook any, but the juice from last night's onions must still be lingering around. And if my nose runs any faster, I won't be able to keep up with it.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

GG Married to a MtF TS
    So sweet...Happy belated anniversary!!!