Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Womanly or girly?

Womanly or girly?

When you are dressed en femme do you feel like a mature woman or more like a young girl? I kind of feel somewhere in the middle like a mature Tom Boy. Due to the liberating atmosphere I guess. What about everyone else. What do you feel like when dressed?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I'm very decidedly more like grown up woman. Thats how I see myself and how I want other people to see me.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

The reflection in the mirror says womanly, but the rare occasion that calls for a LBD and heels feels otherwise. Kim

Reality Check
    As much as I would like to look and feel "girly", at my age, that is unrealistic. Just like a genetic woman of my age, the skin and features are no longer right. I would hope to appear several years younger than my actual age but that's no different than what genetic women hope.

If I dress "girly", I look in the mirror and marvel at how silly I look. It took me a while to understand that it's how the clothes look on me that's important, not how they look on the rack or a store dummy.

Platinum Member
    Hi Kate, I guess it's more the mature (Mid 50ish woman) look at my age(72).
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Mental attitude - mid 20's to mid 30's. Visual appearance and typical clothing choices when Dressed - mid 30's to mid 40's. Actual age - mid 50's.

i may look like a mature women on the outside, but dam im still girly on the inside lol hugs peace love lynda

Silver Member
    Usually, a women of my age minus 10 or 15 years. But I often do dress a little young if I going someplace where blending isn't super important, like a salon.

I'd have to say that I feel more girly than womanly.

Regardless how I present, there is a disconnect between how old I think I am, and my actual age. As a guy, thinking I'm 20 years younger than my actual age gets me into some difficult situations where the body simply can't do those things I remember doing so easily. As a woman, I look pretty silly trying to present as though I am in my mid-40s.

Best wishes
    MsVal

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    More girly than womanly, perhaps feeling half my age. From great distances, I might even look much younger.
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Yes, I don't feel my age which is why I feel more girly and sexy. I do try when with a man friend though to try and be womanly but do end up girly too.

I've always thought and carried myself as a mature woman.

Womanly - i am not niave any more

Womanly 'cause I'm realistic and maybe 'cause I lost my illusion - eventhough I still have illusions, I ain't lost everything.

Depends on my mood. I love being girly but can also be womanly.

Womanly with an occasional girly moment.
    My name is Carol.

Unfortunately at my age it should probably be "matronly", so I am quite happy with being a mature woman!

I'd Love to present as a Girly Girl I don't feel ready to step into Womanhood just yet.

More the mature woman but still not quite...lol.
    I still have the 30's attitude to go with my appearance which is a little older.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Just an old broad here. Any girly thoughts or feelings are euphoric so I can't feel that way all the time!
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

More womanly. I kinda dig conservative look, granny chic, cardies, embroidery, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [SIZE="3"]Trying to hide my girliness a little less everyday, all suggestions appreciated. Check out my cardigans, and my wishlist ones, here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/8842813@N06/[/SIZE]

Pretty much dressed age appropriate, I'm 33 and dress in what a female version of me would wear.

what an interesting question. I don't feel I've landed properly to know yet. Starting as a happily hetero married male, underdressing has given me access to my feminine side, a way of being more careful and gentle in the world.
    The next step of going fully CD is happening now, and I'm not sure yet whether I feel like a man in women's clothing or if I'm emerging into feeling as a girlie-woman. Only now that i've worn the dresses do i get the wigs and the rest of the full CD deal ... so i think i have surprises in store and will await them at my pleasure-leisure.

xxx

Platinum Member
    I am a beach girl ... that said i dress more womanly in a Girly way...in my 50's and the beach type of thing a mix works out....there's a fine line in passing as a older girl and getting read as side show.....i dress and enjoy going out just not standing out .....