Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Womanly or girly?

At this stage in my life I have to say womanly. My style and interests has matured over the years. Feeling feminine is important!
    Just trying to be the real me!

Banned Read only
    The reality is a womanly thought process, but there's an old saying:

"Old enough to know better, but still young enough to want to play the game."

Age appropriate forty something woman...
    but, not too womanly that I can't rock the 6" purple patent stilettos now and then. I'm not ready to send them to the thrift shop just yet.

-E
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Overheard in a walmart checkout line..

"Look mom, that man's dressed in women's clothes."

"Shh, that's not nice, don't say that."

Oh that's ok, that's not the first time that's happened and it probablyh won't be the last.

I like to present as a mature woman... maybe a male lesbian?

To paraphrase another expression: "Inside every mature woman is a young girl wondering what the hell happened."
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I don't think I know how it feels to be a girl or a woman. I hope I manage to present as someone of the feminine gender of about my actual age. 'Girl' might be somewhat condescending for a fully grown person, depending on the context.

I feel like a much younger woman but not a girl. Maybe at some stage I will have to accept the role of a mature woman but at present I'm still able to enjoy the feeling of a woman at the height of her sexual prowess and allure.

I am in my early thirtees.. but id go for the mid 20s woman look and dresses because that is my female age

Womanly, without a doubt. but with the help of my SO, i still try to dress fashionably. she has a good fashion sense and i value her advice. without her advice i think i would look like an old 60's matron...

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    Classy old broad with a penchant for flirting.

Maybe because my interest in women's clothes started at such a young age, 4 or 5, I was imprinted by the way my mother dressed, I prefer to dress as a women. Even when I was younger, teens or twenties I preferred a more mature look.

When I am getting dressed or fully dressed I feel like a woman and savor the feeling(s)!!!!!!!!

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Good to see the Jilmac and Lynn Marie also went fot the "old broad" category! But there's always a girl inside isn't there?
    "You're the only one to see the changes you take yourself through", Stevie Wonder

I think of myself as a big girl. Mind young & body old, I try but I can’t escape it, I am old.

I feel age appropriate when I dress as a woman.

A lot of how I feel when dressed depends on how I'm dressed/what I'm wearing. Since most of my dressing involves PJs, some lingerie, tights & leotards, the style tends to dictate my feelings. And, my mood tends to dictate the style I choose. Shorty PJs or babydoll pajamas are much more girly than, say, more traditional pajamas or a nicer peignoir set. And a cami-style leotard with a thong bottom makes me more girly feeling than a traditional long sleeved, scoop neck style.

While I've not ventured far into shoes or dresses, I'd think that strappy sandals would make me feel more girly than conservative pumps and that a short, cute dress would do the same as opposed to a longer, more modest one.

So like I said, I think the way I dress determines the way I feel...

Lacy PJs

The only way I can explain it is; I feel FEMININE. Sometimes that is womanly, sometimes that is girly.

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I'm girly in a womanly way. It's an age thing.

The clothing I have now is aligned with my age, and my feelings of being, a mature woman. But a very excited mature woman who is discovering new things and enjoying the ride so there's still, what I imagine are, some "20-something girly" feelings in there.

I can only perceive myself as a mature woman. It would be fun being girly, but I can't pull that off anymore, if I ever could lol

It all depends on my mood. I do find that my choice of lingerie tends to set my mood though.

I see a woman in the mirror. I have to agree with Stephanie -- as long as I can feel feminine that's the only important thing.

Womanly but sexy for me

Aspiring Member
    I definitely veer all the way to girly, but at least I'm still young enough to do so.