Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question from a GG

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I can not imagine that there is not a market for what you propose. There are already some woman who do makeovers and photo sessions but not everthing that you propose. And even if there are others doing this they are far and few between and I doubt that you couldn't build yourself a faithful clientele. Good luck with this. Sounds like a good idea.

Sounds like a wonderful idea especially for those of us that aren't able to "frequent" this lifestyle as often as we like. In other words practice makes perfect when referring to makeup and so forth.

I am definitely one of those CDs that would love to pass for the sole purpose of simply blending in within reason. My style of dress is not of the over-the-top variety but rather something more along the lines of Jennifer Aniston in a Friends episode. This would include a moderately form-fitting skirt just above the knee, suntan or coffee colored pantyhose, low heel or flat, and long sleeve high neck sweater style top. Nothing flashy yet still quite feminine. If you could help me achieve that I would be greatly appreciative!

Sierra Juliette,

I would LOVE if such a service existed and worked well. I am sure there would be plenty of girls who could really benefit from it. I always find it very educational when I go shopping with my wife and/or girlfriend. Would you shop with or without them? Or is this simply a internet business relationship?

I think I would be a difficult customer though. My tastes are so particular at times I believe it would be properly considered a "vision" of the look I am trying to create. But I have shared my vision and have done collaborative efforts and those have worked out well

Best of luck to you. I would love to see you succeed!

-Dani

This is a very separate thought about your business idea. And this is strictly a business consideration...

Let me assume that SOME of your customers would be like me... and that is, when I buy things, sometimes at the store, sometimes on line, I end up making a high rate of returning clothing for refunds or for other sizes.

This could get time consuming simply addressing the return rate. That said, if you had a limited number of stores you frequented on a regular basis, then you would not be making special trips just to return things.

Food for thought. Om nom nom nom nom...

-Dani

I think that when I am able to put this into action it would be a combination of Internet and in person shopping and consultation.

My vision so to speak is to help in various ways, the main point bein to show CDers that there can be a safe place and not all of society are closed minded. As my hubby and I discuss the options we both agree that it would be a wide variety shopping with those who want to be dressed, those who prefer to go masculine, whatever the case maybe.

I am just in the beginning of thinking this through and am gathering feedback but would love to eventually make this happen. Our long term goals in life include a lot of travel and that would play a big part in being able to schedule people in various areas and help in areas that they need/want.

Reality Check
    Probably not. My wife helps me pick out clothes and I can store my stuff at home in the closet.

Before you settle of this as a career, consider how much you would have to charge to make a living and consider if people would be willing to pay that much. I think you'll find it's not a good business venture. Part time for extra money, perhaps but not enough to live on.