My wife and I are have sort of a leniant DADT thing going on. I tend push that as far as I can, which I feel terrible about. She usually just rolls her eyes and says "whatever."

Well, the other day I asked if she had any clothes she was done with. She said she would check.

So yesterday after work I asked if she would look while I made dinner. After eating she looked me in the eye and said "you can wear something if you want to"

I was a bit surprised. But who am I to turn her offer down?

I asked if I would have to sit on the other side of the room or anything, but she said no!

So, for the first time I was able to dress up and sit with my wife while we watched TV.

It was a great feeling, and one I hope to do more often. I just hope I can do it without overdoing it. I tend to get that "kid in a candy store" thing going on. I am trying to avoid the urge of the extreme limits to my wife's acceptance, or at least tolerance.

She asked the typical bated question "what are you thinking?" Usually that leads to me talking about dressing up, but this time I was already there, so I told her exactly that