Thread: She let me dress up around her!

She let me dress up around her!

My wife and I are have sort of a leniant DADT thing going on. I tend push that as far as I can, which I feel terrible about. She usually just rolls her eyes and says "whatever."

Well, the other day I asked if she had any clothes she was done with. She said she would check.

So yesterday after work I asked if she would look while I made dinner. After eating she looked me in the eye and said "you can wear something if you want to"

I was a bit surprised. But who am I to turn her offer down?

I asked if I would have to sit on the other side of the room or anything, but she said no!

So, for the first time I was able to dress up and sit with my wife while we watched TV.

It was a great feeling, and one I hope to do more often. I just hope I can do it without overdoing it. I tend to get that "kid in a candy store" thing going on. I am trying to avoid the urge of the extreme limits to my wife's acceptance, or at least tolerance.

She asked the typical bated question "what are you thinking?" Usually that leads to me talking about dressing up, but this time I was already there, so I told her exactly that

Felicia!

That is wonderful that she let you dress with her! Be carful not to push her too far too fast. I did this when I was first allowed to dress with my (now) wife. It didn't go well. I had one of my worst purges followed by a long spell of anger and regret. After some time, My fem side came roaring back but I held the reigns a bit tighter. Now, I am dressed at home with my wife and one of our daughters. I am free to dress when ever I wish but I always respect my wife and try to ask first.

Hmmm...a thought. You said your wife asks you what you are thinking, do you do the same? Ask her before she asks you or ask her through your pink fog. She is obviously concerned about your thoughts, maybe if you can tune into hers you can have more opportunities to be Felicia.

Just a thought.
    -E
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

Sounds like she's ansking questions to learn more about it in the process. Nows the time to just take it one day at a time and lead her lead the way so as not to get overwealmed.

Softly softly, catchee monkey! Don't push - she is on your side.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Gold Member
    Yes; Now is the time to go real slow, Buy her something, a little something,
    or get an I love you card, just because.
    It will help to reaffirm that you love "HER" and not just the dressing.
    Rader

Quote Originally Posted by FeliciaMCD View Post
    It was a great feeling, and one I hope to do more often.
    It might have been a great feeling for you but it may very well have been pure torture for her. Be sure the communication is open and honest.
    Like a corpse deep in the earth I'm so alone, restless thoughts torment my soul, as fears they lay confirmed, but my life has always been this way - Virginia Astley, "Some Small Hope" (1986)
    Sunlight falls, my wings open wide. There's a beauty here I cannot deny - David Sylvian, "Orpheus" (1987)

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    The way you tell it, it sounds like she's in charge. Perhaps she likes that? Perhaps you like that she likes that?
    I used to have a short attention spa

Yeah, definitely going to be pacing myself. We have been married for 7.5 years, and she has known since the day we met.

I can for sure say she wasn't just torturing herself for my sake. She was the one making all of the advances. I offered to sit away, on the other side of the room, but she insisted I sit with her.

I am just excited that she is warming up to it.

She knows I think she is awesome, I say it too often as a nervous tick, lol.

Platinum Member
    Interesting evolution. Of course be cautious, but at the same time it doesn't hurt to be open and honest, especially when she invites the conversation.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

WOW...good for you. Like everybody else has said , don't push too hard or over-do it. I know it's hard not to. Be patient and hopefully the time will come to where it's not an issue and you can dress up when YOU feel the need....and the really special day will come when she brings you home a surprise, something for dress up time and she says I thought you would look good in this....go try it on and let's see....

Lucky you ,My feeling is don't spook her. Slow and steady wins the race.

Congrats on making ground toward acceptance

That's great. I think my wife has asked me once if I wanted to dress when we had the house to ourselves. I hate feeling like I have to ask her permission to dress around her, and I usually get the same sort of rolling of the eyes.

If you're wife is like mine expect slow progress and some two steps forward one step backwards days.

The trick is to make it all occur naturally without permissions and stilted conversation taking place
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    Hi Felicia, OK now the ball is in her court now, Just don't overwhelm her with this program.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Reality Check
    Well, it looks like you are making progress with your wife. I would go slow but keep pushing gently. Just watch her reaction and be prepared to move back if you have to. Sometimes wives vary in their acceptance. What's OK one day is not the next.

I think what bothers some wives is when the husband insists on prancing around the house dressed as a hooker. If you're wearing her castoffs, that's probably OK. Try to avoid the six inch heels, the size G boobs and the overdone makeup. Take your queue from what she is wearing.

Hmmm...when she asks you what you are thinking when you're sitting next to her, dressed, could it be that she's thinking that you're thinking you'd like to always be dressed like this, i.e. that you'd like to transition (if she is aware of that term) and that she'd lose her husband. Vorsicht! Umm...cuidado!
    Last edited by Jeninus; 01-23-2015 at 07:53 PM.
    Shame on those who think ill of us -- Translated and paraphrased from the motto of the United Kingdom's Most Noble Order of the Garter

Quote Originally Posted by Krisi View Post
    Well, it looks like you are making progress with your wife. I would go slow but keep pushing gently. Just watch her reaction and be prepared to move back if you have to. Sometimes wives vary in their acceptance. What's OK one day is not the next.

I think what bothers some wives is when the husband insists on prancing around the house dressed as a hooker. If you're wearing her castoffs, that's probably OK. Try to avoid the six inch heels, the size G boobs and the overdone makeup. Take your queue from what she is wearing.
    Krisi, you took the words out of my mouth, it used to bother me when Erika wore her 6inch heels, she is 5'9" w/o heels. With heels she is 6'3". I am short I am 5'1"

This sounds great. However, I agree with the others to proceed slowly.

Good for You.
    Don't back down,
    Don't over do it
    And most importantly listen to her.
    You have your whole lives together so you have lots of time

I'm really excited about this.

I asked her why the sudden change in opinion (kind of like the opposite change she did when she became against it).

She said something to the effect of she realized it doesn't hurt her at all to do it, and it gives us something else to talk about.

We're both on our computers right now shopping and picking stuff out.

She did kind of get frustrated when I talked about "filling out" the dresses I'm looking at, so for now breast forms are out.

As for transitioning, she has commented about that in the past. She was worried about it. I assured her that I am 100% happy being male and keeping the part of me that she loves so much. She also was worried that I would go gay on her. Again, I assured her that is not going to happen. I can understand her worry due to some of the stuff I wanted to experiment with her early on. After a while I determined it wasn't for me, but since I had asked her to try it she had it in her mind.