Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WHICH ONE ??? Son or Daughter.

WHICH ONE ??? Son or Daughter.

I know many threads have been started about who finds our cloths we leave behind. I have a new twist to that age old question I would like advise on.

I am alone, no wife or near friends that know I crossdress. I have a grown son and daughter who do not know about Amy either. My thoughts are to tell one of them about Amy, just so my cloths can be donated without the other knowing upon my passing.

My question is which one do I tell ? They both love me equally and I think either could handle it.For example, my son came over the other day, as I got out of the shower. All he said was..."nice toes Dad". I thought they were too. I love red. Nothing else was said. My daughter sees clothing in my home and has ask me more than one time..."Dad are you crossdressing"?

Any thought or idea on which one to tell or another way to dispose of my clothing would be appreciated.

Miriam
    Amy,

My initial thought is to tell both, and at the same time. They would be able to support each other with your information, and they would be able to work together to deal with your estate if something were to happen to you.

On the other hand, if only one of them lives nearby and would be dealing with your estate I might tell that one alone.

I don't think it matters much whether they're son or daughter as long as they're open-minded and not judgmental. It's quite possible they've already figured it out anyway and have discussed it between them, so there would be no surprise.

I wish you luck as you deal with this.

Miriam

No advice, but, first it sounds like both are aware or at least suspect, and are not bothered by it? Second, if you are at the stage of designating executors, ( which is what this amounts to ) what you wear when alone is going to be less troubling to them than considering they are going to lose you.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

If your daughter has picked up on what you're doing, she's probably discussed it with your son. If I was in your situation, I'd tell both of them.
    My name is Carol.

Conventional wisdom states that GG's are typically more nurturing, empathetic, and accepting of our community, and often go out of their way to help us be our "true selves" because they admire us for having the courage to be who we really are ('bad boy" in reverse ). Of course, that goodwill often flies out the window when our crossdressing hits too close to home, and then NIMBYism rears its ugly head ("Not In My Back Yard"!).

Hard to say, though - sometimes it goes the other way instead. You know your children best, simply have to make an informed decision based on what you know about them, and then take your chances accordingly.

Sit them both down and talk to them, they both have an Idea so, this is your chance to open up to both.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Amy, they clearly both know, and have probably discussed your crossdressing already. Why favour one over the other, with the risk of bruised feelings that might involve. Keep things equal.
    I used to have a short attention spa

Amy Lynn, what young man is going to simply say "Nice toes, Dad" when he sees your painted toenails. Amy, Have a chat with your wife - from your other posts I think that that is FAR from a problem, and get her take on it. Secondly - face it - you are out too your kids in all probability. Sounds like a family conference is in order. Whatever course you choose to take, I hope works out well for you all.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Banned Read only
    I think both kids know you are a cross dresser. I'm sure they have conversed with each other. If you have any definite wishes for the disposal of your femme items, I'd leave those directions with your daughter. When a good friend of mine passed away her daughter disposed of her mom's attire. Most sons may feel uncomfortable cleaning and bagging up women's undergarments for donation. Most charitable organizations prefer clean and freshly laundered items. Heck, if your daughter has not seen all of your wardrobe, she may get a chuckle out of choice of style.

Well Amy from what you said does not seem like you need to tell either one them, they both know and seem to be fine with it, maybe talk to them about about it and see if they would like to see the full look. If they love you equally and I am sure they do they may accept an open relationship with Amy! Good luck!

To me both seem mature and pretty open minded.

both because in a time like that you don't need one to have a secret the other didn't know it just leads to bad feelings and wondering why you were not honest with both of them. experience
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Good advice already - I'd suggest both too... It's more equitable to each of them, and fairer not to leave one with an additional responsibility that might yet prove awkward for either... Sounds like they're both on the road to discovery anyway...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Happily Married CD !! Ina Girdle's Avatar
    My 2 cents. Tell them both, don't burden one or the other with the angst of having to keep their Dad's secret.
    All the best & good luck!

My daughter knows about me, although we have a DADT relationship. She knows what she will find upon my demise.

Jodi

yes both, since daughter already knows, may as well make it official, instead of pretending she is dumb.
    Does NOT mean you have to wear stuff in front of them though as that might be upsetting for them.
    See all my photos, read many stories of my outings and my early days at
    http://rachelsauckland.blogspot.co.nz

Come out to both of them it sounds like they both already no and just need some conformation I'm sure they will still love you just as much

This is a trust question, Amy Lynn. Whoever you don't tell is likely to feel left out and hurt that their father didn't trust them. I say tell them both at the same sitting with both present so both get the exactly the same story.

Both my kids know (son and daughter) - quite happy they both know

Both at the same time they seem to know or at least suspect you are a crossdresser so shouldnt come as any big surprise to them, good luck xx

Another vote for both based on your OP. Try to do it at the same time.
    Hugs

That's a great question, the proper answer would be to tell them both, but for some reason women are a little more understanding when it comes to things like this. My daughter is a snoop like most women, I believe she already has an idea, and I am growing in age also and believe before they get there shock of there life when I am gone maybe one of them can do some damage control. My wife ask me why I am worry about that, I won't be her to face the music anyway.

Platinum Member
    Hi Amy Lynn, Tell both and show them a list of your wishes.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Gone to live my life
    Hi Amy,

Another vote for telling both at the same time.

Hugs

Isha

Platinum Member
    Acknowledge it to them both. They already know.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt