Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WHICH ONE ??? Son or Daughter.

I am so appreciative of the great answers I have received from my question. This Board is made up of the very finest and best minds in the world. Thank you one and all for your reply. I will mull them over and give it the best shot I can.
    Blessings to you all,
    Amy

Aspiring Member
    It is obvious from what you wrote that they both know and that they would rather not make a big deal of it. If you tell them, you will likely get yawns from both of them. They have been discreet about it so far. Everything you have written leads us to believe that they will not be surprised and that they will be discreet when they must someday take care of your worldly goods.
    Last edited by abby054; 01-24-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Mmmm!
    They Know....
    I would not mention anything else leave the status quo as it is.
    If they want to know more and ask, then tell them, otherwise leave well alone.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Seems like no one needs to be told about anything. Just go on about your business and if they ask a question or two, be upfront and honest with them. Doesn't seem like a major issue. They must love you very much so make the most of it.

I think they both know, dtr certainly read about it to use the right word, and are waiting for you to share. So what do you want to share? You can limit it to "ALL my clothes should be donated to charity-EVERYTHING". Nothing more.
    You can let them ask questions - "I know you have noticed my nail polish and clothes. Do you want to ask me about anything?"
    But I think both together is best, unless you are much closer with one.
    Hugs, Ellen

Banned Read only
    Amy,
    I have a son and daughter both now in their thirties and like you have made some silly mistakes !
    I forgot my daughter was in the house some time ago, she caught me ironing a dress which she knew didn't belong to my wife , so I just told her straight it was mine ! I've since had a very good conversation with her about my dressing.
    As for my son, I have had some small slip ups which he may or may not of picked up on ! As for telling him, I thought about this again only last night, and still feel I have more to lose by telling him despite him being an adult, but if I do separate from my wife he will have to know the reasons.

How about get them together and tell them both?

Your kids are worked together to deal with 'the parents' more than once (probably several times) before now. They have a relationship you (we) as parents can't even see.

I suggest talking to them together. If you talk to one one, then they have a SECRET. If you tell them together, then they have a CONVERSATION.

Trust your kids.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

Aspiring Member
    I am with the majority tell them both at the same time