Thread: Some days your just not feeling it.

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar

Some days your just not feeling it.

Today was one of those days where I was like do I want to dress or not. I have a lot of freedom to dress most days during the day when the wife isn't home so I do usually just the clothes and not all the way .
    So today thought ok maybe I will start with dressing and then go with makeup and once that started I was ok now this is fun I'm enjoying it as I love doing makeup.
    So I thought let's try a different combination of foundation. Bad move I finished it up and bam wow you look like a guy with a bunch of bad makeup on. Oh well lessoned learned don't use that combo again
    I wonder if women ever have that problem lol.
    Yes this is a crazy life we live as CD

When I am stressed or down is when I find I'm not feeling it. My dad passed back in November and I could hardly look at any of my clothes for a month. I have a lot of times I just at dress without makeup or wig. Sometimes that energy just escapes me in winter months.

Joss
    If you only knew the power of the pink fog! ~Joss

Banned Read only
    I have the opportunity to dress five days a week for six to seven hours a day. I'm a retiree with a working wife. When I was newly retired I dressed every day. Now there are many days when I have absolutely no desire to be en femme. Why force it? Today I am en femme and catching up on housework. I think one has to assess why you dress. I've read too many threads where there is no time to express oneself and I think the angst gets over powering for those persons. I only dress when it brings peace and tranquility. Many times I feel more comfortable in a tee shirt, cut off ripped up shorts, no socks and barefoot.

I think sometimes life stress messes with our emotions. What we SHOULD be doing instead, is pretty up. Put on some heels and pour a glass of wine. True bliss.

Some days it's just better to dress after having that Snickers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Just to answer that last part, yes, GG's do have that problem. With practice and experience it isn't as often but I have definitely had to take a second shower to wash the bad hair style away or wash my face and start over more than a few times.

My makeup/dressup philosophy has been to try new things. If you like the look, remember what you did and build on it. If you don't like the look, remember what you did and don't do that again.
    I don't try new things much any more as I did in the past. I know what I like and what to do to achieve that look.

Some days I don't really feel like it but do it anyway and then I feel much better for having done it. For me a day without dressing is like a day without sunshine. Anyway how many more days have I got. Yes there have been some make up disasters too, but just clean it off and try again. Hugs Jaymee
    I enjoy being a boy, being a GIRL like me!!!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I dress mostly at home and I go all the way. But, it never occurred to me until now that other closet dressers have to apply makeup if they want to complete their look. What a hassle!

I literally "put my face on" in 10 seconds at home. But, because I rarely practice applying makeup, when I DO put it on to go out, I must resemble what a 6 year old girl looks like after playing "makeup" at her mom's dressing table!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Gold Member Read only Rachael Leigh's Avatar
    What amazed me was a little later I decided to change my lipstick color to a bit darker and bam it just made the whole look better, who knew, lol

Platinum Member
    Hi Leigh, I dress for three hours in the morning and sometimes in the evening some times I'm just too tired.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I can definitely relate to the " do I want to or not" syndrome. I work a lot of long hours with a long commute which means I go to bed early and get up early so I usually reserve the full package for evenings where I don't have to work the next day. I hate to get my glam on and have to take it all off after just a few hours...so I just put on my favorite thong / panties and my satin robe...have a drink and call it good....

Reality Check
    I dress just about every morning while my wife is at the gym and running errands but I don't wear makeup except for lipstick if I feel like it and sometimes a bit of beard cover above my lip. My wife seldom wears makeup so I don't usually either.

I usually switch back to Homer by the time she gets home if we have errands to run, doctors appointments. etc. Sometimes I stay as Krisi all day.

As for just not feeling it some days, she was out of town for a week so that meant I could go out as Krisi as long as I went out and came back as Homer. I did slip out the side door and into the car one night after dark as Krisi and drive and walk around the shopping center a bit but as for going out in the daytime with all the dressing in the car, etc. I just didn't feel like it so I let a good opportunity slip by.

Many times I have the time and the desire I just get a case of the lazies and wind up not dressing. Afterwards I get mad at myself for not dressing, but that passes. I figure there will always be another opportunity.

Aspiring Member
    There are times when I am thinking about it and don't feel like doing it but have forced myself to do it and have felt better for doing it.

Even thou i have come to the point of acceptance i still have those days some times i force it other times i just let it go
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Leigh, I have a real love/hate for this forbidden fruit. Some days i hate it, because it goes against all my religious teachings, and society standards. But, having never had a steady girlfriend or wife, I am starved for female beauty, and karma, so i , being artistic, and addicted to some womens fashions, go for the feeling, and looks, of dressing up. But, most days, i say no, i am not up to the time and work it takes. For me, i will always be conflicted about it. i realize most on here, no longer have conflict about it. I always do.

Sometimes I just go to the crossdressing studio, to get dressed up and for someone to do my make up and just to be in a place where no one will judge.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I have done that many times too....( makeup experiments gone wrong) and I chalk it up to the same thing...lesson learned, and there is always tomorrow. Practice is never a bad thing, and nobody is perfect, how else you supposed to learn or get better without experimenting or pushing the envelope a bit right?