Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you like to be buried in?

I'm checking out the old fashioned way, in a box in a hole in the ground, right next to my spouse. That being said, I would certainly love to be buried in one of my floor length formal dresses, my favorite wig and full makeup. That's my fantasy, the reality is I'll check out as my male self, as most people know me, probably dressed for the weather, i.e; jeans and tee shirt for spring and summer or jeans and flannel shirt for fall and winter.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

I want to be scattered from an airplane. Not cremated, mind you, just flung out.

One of my favorite burial pieces, from Mark Twain's "The Story of Grandfather's Old Ram" from one of his best books, "Roughing It."

"one of his sisters married a Wheeler; they settled in Morgan county, and he got nipped by the machinery in a carpet factory and went through in less than a quarter of a minute; his widder bought the piece of carpet that had his remains wove in, and people come a hundred mile to ‘tend the funeral. There was fourteen yards in the piece. She wouldn’t let them roll him up, but planted him just so–full length. The church was middling small where they preached the funeral, and they had to let one end of the coffin stick out of the window. They didn’t bury him–they planted one end, and let him stand up, same as a monument. And they nailed a sign on it and put–put on–put on it–sacred to–the m-e-m-o-r-y–of fourteen y-a-r-d-s–of three-ply–car–-pet–containing all that was–m-o-r-t-a-l–of–of–W-i-l-l-i-a-m–W-h-e–”

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    I once told my wife that I wanted to be laid out in my lovely black sequin party dress,

And she said, "Over my dead body" end of discussion.
    This sets the standard, IMO!
    I used to have a short attention spa

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    Wife and I talked about this a few years ago. She said she would make me boy on top and from the waist down all girl. Heels, hose and skirt.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    Have to agree with the others who aren't fussed.
    At the end of the day I won't be there. I have long held the opinion that funerals are for the living. Let them form their last memories of me as they would like to remember me.

Besides I am planning on living forever so it's never going to be an issue.

A skirt suit and my academic robe

Pirate Queen wannabe Maria Blackwood's Avatar
    Nothing. Throw my body into an active volcano so it gets dispersed throughout the atmosphere.

A coffin, preferably. And to the person who wants to be buried at sea, spare thought for the poor sod who is going to dig the hole. Mine, I hope, will be a cremation, to Souza's wonderful march, "Blaze Away".
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

A jar - I have instructions that I am to be cremated, and the cremains placed in the family plot in Longmeadow, MA. Cemetery.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin