Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What's your personal why?

Because it feels like ME.

I could do/wear what my body looks like, but that isn't how I feel.

If 'Earnest Borgnine in a dress' is what makes me feel safe and comfortable.. like ME, then I don't care how it is viewed or accepted.

You shouldn't either.

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

I agree. I believe that we have all asked ourselves this question. Personally, I don't have an answer, except to say dressing as a woman is exciting. Perhaps part of the appeal is that I doing something that I'm really supposed to do.

As the Beatles said and in the end the love you give is the love you get or something like that .The point is try to love yourself and what you do or at least try to find peace with it .Hating yourself will get you no where .I still do not know why i do it but i like it
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

Well for me it is a great stress reliever ,phylis always knows when it is time to change over and enter a surrealistic calm area no matter what is going on around me ,sometimes I call her to the front without dressing just to visualize what I need hels get me through a busy day or a stressfull time at home .
    hugs phylis anne

Banned Read only
    I have never invested any significant time in thinking about the Why that leads me to dress. But, for some reason this thought occured to me this morning...

We can Question or we can Be. While it is possible to find an Answer to the Question, I think it is much more useful to Be for that is where we live our Lives.

DeeAnn

My answer-- I wore moms draws when I was 5 y o! You just dont teach a 5 y o the differance between silk undies and cotton undies. Soooooo I was born this way!! Its me!!

I'm not really sure why, but contributing factors would be:

As a baby I had one of those circular walker thingies but I was just a bit too short for it so I was always pushing off on my tip toes. To this day if I am in bare feet, hose, or thin socks I will walk around on my tip toes. For a gag game show at a summer camp I was a counsellor I had to dress up as the 'hostess' (nobody forced me) and the 3 inch pumps the put me in felt like the most natural thing to ever hit my feet. On an aside my favourite heels are about 6 inches and feel amazing! So it seems I was predestined for wearing heels!

I can also remember being sick at home and trying on my sister's/mother's nylons and loving the feel of them. It's a shame that it took me nearly 30 more years to finally wear them on a regular basis!

Other than that, it just my happy place that I discovered by simply wanting to answer a yearning I'd felt but didn't understand for too long. Now I know it's just a part of me...

Well I grew up a bit different from most boys. I guess it started back in middle school when my friends had noticed that I had breasts like a girl. Very embarrassing so in discretion I asked the school physician and he had told me I needed to lose weight and they will go away. When I started working out in preparation for high school my stomach trimmed a bit and poked my chest out more. I spent 4 years I high school binding my chest and hiding under baggy clothes. Now I was always a chubby kid and had a feminine backside that I used to get teased about. Eventually the grabbing/remarks from "friends" and "bullies" I started wearing my older sister's clothes.

I spent decades trying to answer the question WHY? to my own satisfaction.
    I've given up on that quest. I don't know why, I don't care why, I just know that I feel so much more alive, so much more ME this way than any other time.
    No more chasing the reason, now I'm enjoying the ride.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Why? Oh I have a simple reply to that: I haven't got the faintest idea!

Sure I have wondered over the years, and tried finding out by reading anything I could get my hands on, but no answer yet.
    The thing is, it only really matters because we for some reason have to explain it to others!

There are many things we all do in our daily lives which is not exactly the same as what everybody else do, but while those others might not understand exactly why we do it, they also largely dont care! "Why do you like fly fishing?", "Gardening?", Riding motorcycles?", "Playing computer games?" ... Sufficient answer: "I just like it!" .. response: "Oh, OK, thats fine! I just dont get it!". But thats it! End of story! Nobody really cares.

However, when we dress up like the opposite gender, we are crossing an invisible taboo line into an activity that MUST be explained in peoples eyes. Question: "Why do you do it?", Answer: "I dont know, I just like it!", Response: "Well thats just not good enough! Stop it at once!". Huh??? OK, So I'll go dig a hole in the back year instead then. Answer: "Sure, have fun!".

I think we often search for the answer to the Why mostly to satisfy those others who ask, not so much ourselves. Especially when it is a wife who asks. Someone we have chosen to be our soul mate, someone who we want to please and make happy in any possible way. When she demands an answer to "Why?" then we have to come up with something!

So sometimes we fake it! Make something up just to try and satisfy!

"It is just such a stress relief from my tough days at work!" Well yes OK, but, how did that apply when you were 8?
    "I just enjoy the feeling of the soft materials and all the colors and choices!" OK, so why the heck wont you wear anything but jeans and an old shirt in male mode?

And so on. We just make something up to satisfy their WHY question.

A lot of those explanations and justifications go out the window when it comes to the breast forms, butt pads, hair and makeup. Now it is clearly not just a matter of the feeling of the clothes, now it must be something about being female, wanting to be perceived as a girl! Right? Why else? And what is it with tucking? Clearly you want to be seen as female.

So we try to explain it all to make her understand that we just like doing it. Cant explain it, dont really want to either. But it is not good enough because everything we do when we dress and start behaving like women, is all the same the wife did when she wanted to attract a man in the first place. And here is her hubby, doing the same thing. Why?

Don't know, haven't got the faintest idea.

- Suzie

To an Existentialist the question is meaningless. To a Rationalist the answer is essential due to the compelling need to bring coherence to the Universe. I bounce back and forth between the two (right brain/left brain?). So far the answer escapes me as ineffable. Jury's still out with no verdict.