Thread: It's been a while... Sister update!

It's been a while... Sister update!

Ok if you read my last thread (some time ago) I told you about my sister discovering Ann. Since then things have been pretty good, with my sister getting to know Ann. She visits more often and has been shopping with Ann, also we (sis, wife & Ann) have been out for a few meals. We seem to get along better too even in male mode. At Christmas all the family all got together as we normally do, I was in male mode. As the night went on and the drink took effect. Me and my sister found ourselves adrift from the other family members in the kitchen and the conversation turned to the subject of Ann. As we talked my sister confessed she was proud of what I was doing and if I had the guts to do what id did then she should also have the courage to change her life for the better, before I could ask what she meant we were disturbed by another family coming into the kitchen. I did find out what she meant just the other week when she came around with a suitcase hoping to stay the night! She has left her partner of ten years!! She is now staying with us until they sort things out, like the house. Luckily there are no kids.

We have plenty of room as we have a large house and sis works away some week days. So far it's been fun to have her around. As for her partner, he is very upset. Met up with him in the pub as he wanted to discuss things over a few pints. He does not understand why she has left and when he asked her why she said "recent events have given her courage to move on with her life". When I quizzed my sister about this she said "meeting Ann has made her think about her life and where it was going" she had also felt trapped with her partner as the relationship was going no where (not married). I feel guilty that I may have split up what I thought was a happy couple!!

I have included a photo of my self worse for drink , not long back home from the restaurant we all went to the other night, sis treated us as away of a thank you. I had far too much red wine, I think it was about three in the morning before we hit the sack.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”― Mae West

Find out more about me at http://www.flickr.com/photos/54661188@N08/

You are not the cause of your sister's breakup. The couple that appeared happy, had one happy member and one who was not. All you did was be a role model or good example to your sister, she did what she thought was best for her. By the way, you look amazing!
    Please call me Lisa!

Exactly what Lisa said! And you do look good, in spite of the wine.

Ditto! One never knows what is under the water. It may look calm, but the currents beneath can be bad.
    You want to wear a WHAT??

It sounds like you were not the fault of your sisters breakup, I don't know the full story but sounds like you saved her life. You were just her inspiration, by the way you looked great. Hope all goes well.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Ann,

What a great feeling to get closer to a family member while sharing something so integral to your life. As others have said, you did not break up a happy couple, you gave one person pause for thought and the courage to do what was in her heart of hearts.

Great pics BTW.

Hugs

Isha

It is good you can be there to support your sister

ANN - NOT your fault. Your sister is better off out of there. If you look that good after too much red wine, you must have looked really stunning before!
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

I agree with others that you are not at fault. Also those are lovely pictures. You should be proud that you have been supporting of your sister and that she was for you.
    -Kat
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira