Thread: Our world felt a lot bigger to me today

Our world felt a lot bigger to me today

So I've been having a rather stressful week with work and life as of late and my awesome girlfriend attempted to do something about it. She booked an appointment for me at the local wig shop knowing I've really been wanting to add to the collection. But alas, work really sucked and there was no way I was going to get away for my surprise. She swung by the shop to let them know we weren't going to make it. She's already friends with the owner due to years of her own battles and needing their services. But to the point, she told the owner what her intent was. She hadn't yet shared that it was for me and that I dress. They got talking about me and cross dressers and my girlfriend asked if she got very many cross dressers. I guess she exclaimed, "you wouldn't believe how many! " She said she got all walks all the time, businessmen, politicians, even state troopers. I have to say I was stunned when she told me this. I know from this forum there's a handful of us in my area, but it sounds like there's a lot more than I would have guessed. Right in uptight, conservative, little New Hampshire. I have 4 state troopers that live in my housing complex. Now I want to know if I have sisters next door! But seriously, that little bit of info makes me feel a little less alone with my dressing in this big judgmental world.

Fabulous, Jordan. You really are not alone.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

There's a little cross dressing shop in suburban central MA. I used to frequent there and got to know the owner. He used to let me stay there for hours, probably had pity on me. I was quite surprised at how many people came in and out of the store daily, mid day and all day long. I felt included in the community by seeing these people that had the similar feelings as me.

I would love to head out to a wig shop though. * sigh* a girl can dream, I guess.

Hugs.
    -E
    **Just trying to happily be me.**

Hugs!
    -E

In Ca. I knew an EMT and another truck driver that were CD. They were amazed that I dress as much as I was amazed that the other driver did, both of us being very macho when at work with a bunch of other macho guys. I have known a few policemen in my time that I believed were sisters. Before the internet I know many of us thought we were the only ones out here, but the internet led us all to each other.

Aspiring drama queen Isabella Ross's Avatar
    Wouldn't it be something if we had some kind of "TG Out Day" and all of collectively felt the power and confidence to stand up and show ourselves to the world? I think it would be pretty surprising in terms of numbers, occupations, and even celebrity status. Nice story, Jordan.

hi jordan , long live the sisterhood. hugs love lynda

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabella Ross View Post
    Wouldn't it be something if we had some kind of "TG Out Day" and all of collectively felt the power and confidence to stand up and show ourselves to the world?
    In Sydney we have the LGBT Mardi Gras for that.
    It keeps getting bigger every year and its easy to get lost in the crowd and not stand out too much.
    It really is a good dress rehersal for a normal daily outing. I went in 2014 dressed as a french maid. Not very imaginative I know but no one looked at me like I was strange or different and I even got whistled at and groaped a few times through the nigh by both men and women. But that is the only time I have been out dressed and it was with my fiance.
    I might go again this year but only if I can find a friend or two to go with.

Silver Member
    I have been in the trans community for almost 20 years, and believe me I have met dressers from all walks of life you can imagine, all the way to the most macho professions. If anything, I am the oddity, being in a female-dominated profession.

Jordan,
    You certainly are not alone apparently a lot of men get fitted for bras in London at a store I visited.
    They were only too glad to fit me with a couple of prothsesies?
    Also a couple of bras to suit.

To accidental dresser,
    The Gay Mardigras in Sydney is like Halloween, a great excuse to dress.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Jordan,
    This was exactly the point I made to my wife when I said I wanted to be more open with my CDing ! The example I gave her when attending a village function, taking the figure as 10%, even in our community of a few hundred at least one other male will be wearing women's underwear ! Also when she attends training days the same applies ! All I was trying to impress on her is it's the way of life other men live with no matter what occupation they have !

There is a great line in the musical Kinky Boots -- "You're never more than ten feet from a crossdresser."

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).