Thread: girl talk at the deli

girl talk at the deli

Well another wet Saturday and finished a home mani and needed some groceries as always on the weekend, so I can't go out anymore without my moisturizer, mascara and now a neutral shade lipstick on, so into the bathroom I go to fix my hair and an electric shave. Under dressed, slim jeans, a tunic sweater, booties and now my shoulder bag and a dangle ear clip on the side of my ear. I'm not trying to be femme just feeling comfortable not hiding who I am, well standing in a somewhat line at the deli with bag in child seat ,a young girl in her late 20's, asks about my ear clip and I should get my ears pierced and suddenly I found myself having only what I can guess was girl talk!!!,comments on my bag, my hair, my wearing of mascara and I in turn asking and commenting on her appearance. Time to order and move on and with a large smile say good-bye and go about the rest of my shopping, I don't know how many other people were listening and watching but who cares this one person made my day and weekend, it felt so great to be accepted as just me the person and not the "freak". I just wish I was 30yrs younger or her 30 yrs older, I know she probably thought I was gay but it never came up in conversation so... This whole encounter has erased all the negative comments and stares from all the other small narrow minded people. The times they ARE a changing ever so slowly but I may not be here to see it come full tilt, just knowing I may have played a part in it is enough. Just had to write and tell someone.

asks about my ear clip and I should get my ears pierced
    You should take her advice! I did mine five months ago and I am 67.

It's such a great feeling being accepted. I was at a internet cafe' the other night dressed, bar man just grind said his brother is a crossdresser
    "I yam what I yam, and that's all what I yam," : Popeye

Allisa, what a great day you had. thanks for shearing it.

Allisa.

Congratulations. What an amazing feeling that must have been.

Rhonda
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

It's nice to be accepted for who you are, just people making small talk. Thank you for sharing.

Love it when that happens. Just this week I am at the tanning salon all prettied up and the girl waiting in front of me at the counter just wanted to talk. Almost feels like making a new friend.
    Live and let dress.

I made a new friend in the checkout line at the Dollar store today. She looked at the bright red nail polish in my stack of things to be rung up, and said, "Oh! L'Oreal. I think their polish is just as good as the expensive ones, don't you? But at our age, it's getting harder to reach our toes." and the conversation was off and running. LOL (I was in "man clothes", but we both knew that she knew.)
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

That's awesome! Acceptance is the best. And it seems like so little to ask for in life, but it makes such a big difference.

I was surprised at how comfy/warm/fuzzy/cozy I felt all the rest of today. Just remembering how that lady - we never exchanged names or anything - made me feel accepted was so nice.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin