Thread: Kids: What will they say next?

Kids: What will they say next?

Every once in a while, I share a story about something one of my daughters said that related to crossdressing in a humorous way. Well, today I got a twofer. First, my oldest (age 9) was going out to a classical musical concert with my wife, and was told that she had to dress up a little bit. "Okay," she said, "but I'm not wearing tights." "What's wrong with tights?" I asked. She looked at me and replied, "I'm not saying that OTHER people can't wear them, I just don't want to," with a distinct stress on the "other people." My wife burst out laughing, because she (and I) thought my daughter was specifically referring to me when she said "other people." However, the good thing is this doesn't necessarily mean the CDing cat is out of the bag: my daughter knows I wear tights for ballet, and also knows that I have worn drag for both Halloween and charity drag shows.

The other short story is a conversation with my younger daughter (age 6). She said "Daddy, your hair is getting long." "Yes," I agreed, "I need to get it cut." "Why don't you go to Sweet and Sassy?" she asked? For those not in the know, Sweet and Sassy is a place that caters to very young girls. They'll cut their hair, put glitter in it, and host princess parties. I almost said that guys don't go to Sweet and Sassy, but that would be gendering and hypocritical of me (after all, it might have been kind of fun if I wasn't too old for it!). After a brief pause I said, "Oh, grown ups don't go to Sweet and Sassy!" She shook her head in knowing way and then on it was to the next thing, as 6-year olds are prone to do.

Jamie

jamie, that is quite good. I chuckled quite a bit. you must have wonderful children.
    -kat
    "There's a she wolf in the closet, open up and set her free" - shakira

As they say... "from the mouths of babes"
    I have found out younger children know much more than we realize.
    Enjoy them as they grow up much too fast.

"I'm not saying that OTHER people can't wear them, I just don't want to,"

A kid after my own heart. I will wear them if all my opaque black hold-ups are in the laundry, but tights sure aren't my "go to" leg coverings. If it's really cold, sheer nylon and a pair of leggings are my choice. Except for one pair of cashmere ones I treated myself to a few years ago, at Laura's suggestion. She is a wonderful phone sales associate with mytights.com. I can't praise her too highly.
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin