Thread: Next on TLC: Sister Husbands

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar

Next on TLC: Sister Husbands

My wife and I were just cuddled up watching some guilty pleasure type TV. Tonight, that was "Sister Wives", which I must admit is strangely intriguing yet reality-show cheeseball in a very sort of watchable way ... for some reason. Most television scientists agree that this show should be at least a hundred times more unwatchable than it actually is. As such, my wife and I are uh ... collecting evidence ... for science!

So, we're sitting around afterwards, just talking and whatnot, and my wife says to me "I don't think you could handle having a sister wife", to which I said "yeah, but you kinda got a sister husband!" ... that was a good punchline, if I do say so myself ...

but then we got to thinking about it.

Ladies ... you do realize that every last one of us is living the kind of life that TLC would make a show about, right?
    we are those people ... fo' shizzle my sizzles

it was one of those Keanu Reeves "whoa!" moments.

I fully expect that I'll be putting "Sister Husbands" on the DVR in the near future.
    I mean ... actually ... hold on. This seems so obvious. Is this already a show and I've just not heard about it yet? LOL
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhh! Don't give them any ideas!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

I would be surprised if there is not a Bruce Jenner series in the works.

Silver Member
    Heck there is nearly every other version of society on TV now and they keep adding new ones. Soon on TLC "Who did I marry on the first date when I didn't know I was pregnant at 16 while hunting for antiques after doing lumber-jacking between house hunting renovations.

A couple more ideas:
    "Husband Reno"

They did have that He's a Lady show on years ago!!
    Last edited by Sarasometimes; 01-30-2015 at 09:08 AM.

LaurenS, There is a reality show in the filming on Bruce Jenner. They didn't say what it was on ET, but, said it may involve his transition.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarasometimes View Post
    Heck there is nearly every other version of society on TV now and they keep adding new ones. Soon on TLC "Who did I marry on the first date when I didn't know I was pregnant at 16 while hunting for antiques after doing lumber-jacking between house hunting renovations.

A couple more ideas:
    "Husband Reno"

They did have that He's a Lady show on years ago!!
    IN ALASKA is all thats missing. Seems like there are 100 alaska shows

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    A ridiculous channel! They show the freakiest folks with the weirdest fetishes!

Heck, even I was on Inside Edition a few weeks back!

image3 (640x640).jpg
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by brit_cd View Post
    IN ALASKA is all thats missing. Seems like there are 100 alaska shows
    Nah, it's also gotta be in a swamp in alaska that's frozen over, inhabited by midgets, who hoard stuff, on a street with 'real wives' who all sit around and talk about their lives endlessly. Any other requirements to add?
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think u got the rest of the blanks filled in. Maybe they are mining for gold?

Reality Check
    It irks me to no end the stupidity of so many of the TV shows these days. I don't watch them but some people must or they would go away.

There's one where the guy is hunting alligators in the swamp and runs out of gas. He is worried that he won't be able to get home and have to spend the night in the swamp. What about the boat with the cameras? Can't they give him some gas or tow him home?

Hands down the worst offender in that respect is "airplane repo" ... I'm supposed to believe these guys are really breaking into airports ... with a camera crew in tow ... and I can't bring a tube of toothpaste past the tsa checkpoint??

No chance that's for real, lol
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Actually, my sources tell me there are at least two serious TH reality programs in the pipeline, one from Ryan Seacrests production company. And there are likely more. There was a lot of publicity for transgender people in 2014, and Transparent generated award winning g Buzz. We are the flavor of the month in Hollywood. Expect to see several TV shows turn up this year.
    Every fear that held me back, when faced, has proven to be hollow.
    Courage is not the lack of fear, but the willingness to ignore it.
    It's your life. Make it count.

Bruce is def going to be a docu-series. Amazing how much buzz is being generated around our community these days. Winning.
    I am an Artist working in all Mediums including Sexy

I'm still waiting for "What Not To Wear: Crossdressers Edition"....
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

It's funny you should mention "What Not to Wear", my kids have recently discovered this show and put it in the dvr, so we've been watching a lot of it lately.

It does seem like fertile ground for CDs and trans folk. I'm sort of surprised there isn't some kind of makeover show ... something like the old "queer eye" (which actually was pretty good I thought).

A pack of stylish trannies descend on unsuspecting style challanged peeps, making them more fabulous in the process.

In a lot of ways "queer eye" seized a cultural moment, putting gay people in the spotlight in a friendly, and non threatening way. Whether it was a catalyst, or merely a sign of times, I don't know, but I do wonder when our crowd will have a cultural moment like that.

It just seems to be in the air lately. Like its imminent.
    Last edited by Amy Fakley; 02-25-2015 at 04:36 PM.

The only reality shows I saw as a kid was Candid Camera and the 5 O'Clock News

We can give a whole new meaning to the program "Say Yes to the Dress"

They had one Trans chic on What not to Wear ,, Maybe the second to the last season ,, It comes on reruns sometimes .

Yep, saw that episode, too, and have it stored on my DVR's external hard drive for posterity.

It was actually done in a very tasteful, respectful manner, with no snickers or double entendres in evidence anywhere. Stacey and Clinton treated the show's guest just like any other female subject in dire need of expert fashion advice, and the most heartwarming part was the big reveal at the end in front of family and friends where support, love, and affirmation were showered upon her in abundance.

I also saw an episode of "Say Yes to the Dress" around the same time where a member of the bridal party was was a TG gal, and who was being fitted for a bridesmaid dress along with the others while the bride was also busily selecting her own dress. Typical hen party, and although the bridal consultant was briefly taken aback at the beginning by this twist, she quickly found her groove and then continued to motor on as if this was the most natural thing in the world...

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Fakley View Post

A pack of stylish trannies descend on unsuspecting style challanged peeps, making them more fabulous in the process.
    VH1 did that a few years ago. Transform Me. Three "trannies" help a straight ciswoman make over her style to be more attractive. Staring Laverne Cox. Only saw a little bit of it. I thought it came across slightly drag/camp but didn't see enough to be fair on whether the show was any good.

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    A ridiculous channel! They show the freakiest folks with the weirdest fetishes!
    I think there is a show "Doc robs Sherry" in the pipeline.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Heck, even I was on Inside Edition a few weeks back!
    Sherry;
    I thought you should have receive one of those awards they give out for best TV show;
    or an Oscar.

Rader
    Last edited by Shelly Preston; 02-26-2015 at 04:08 PM. Reason: fixed quote