Thread: Busted

A blossoming flower xx Jennifer Devine's Avatar

Busted

My folks went out this morning for what i thought was going to be at least 3 hours.
    An hour in and i was all dressed in my skirt and blouse and corset underneath when all of a sudden i hear my dads car pulling up. My mum and dad were back!!!!!
    I race upstairs to get my clothes and everything off and hide inside the covers of my bed!
    Mum notices my bag of clothes on her bed and asked me if i've been dressing again.
    So i told them everything and that i had kept it to myself unlike years ago.
    I told them that i tried to bottle my feelings for it up and that i suffered for it.
    Mum was very amazed and shocked and my dad took it a lot better than i thought he would but mum was getting very 20th century about it saying "Don't tell anyone" "You're going to have a tough life" "Don't let it get out at Tesco".
    She's given me all her old makeup to use but she's not completely happy and i dont expect her to be.
    Got quite emotional when my dad said, "No matter what you do, we will always love you and you will always be our son even if we don't agree with everything you do."
    WARNING:Any institutions or individuals using this site or any of its associated sites for studies , projects or any other reasons You DO NOT have permission to use any of my profile or pictures in any form or forum both current and future. If you have or do, it will be considered a violation of my privacy and will be subject to legal ramifications. It is recommended that other members post a similar notice to this.

Jennifer, I'm sorry that you got busted, but I think that your parents response was pretty good. I've got five daughters, all grown. I still care about how they behave/ live even though they are in their forties, but there came a point when as adults, they have had to take responsibility for their own life. I will always love them even if I don't always approve.

It seems that you may have a few years to go yet to become independent, but part of maturity is taking responsibility for your actions. Maybe its time for the TALK.

Be sure to assure you folks that you don't want to bring any embarrassment on them and that you will always bear safety in mind.

Good luck, keep us informed.

Hugs, Bria

so im guessing at this moment you wont agree but this may be for the best, sort of a reveal,
    from your post it seems your dad took it extraordinarily well, moms may come around more later,
    i think you should share how tough your life is though, not easy being CD,
    respect the wishes for containment to just your parents while living in the family home and you should be alright,
    wish you the best.....feel they may call ahead in the future....
    ....Mykell
    i dressed like a girl and i liked it! crossdressing...theirs an app for that

Banned Read only
    Actually, airing your dressing to your parents seems to have gone well. It really wasn't a secret. Sounds as if your parents have a proper concern about cross dressing in our society. As long as they love you all should be well with them.

Take it slow now, even tho they know, it will take time for them to adjust. You also have the freedom to be your self more. Spread your wings, but give them some time to adjust also.

Senior Member Nikkilovesdresses's Avatar
    They, or mainly your mother, clearly regard crossdressing as an illness. The verbal responses are 20th century alright- about 1954. Clearly the swinging '60s passed her by.

And yet she gave you her old make up! That seems odd, given her fearful and negative reaction, and it seems her mind is not completely closed. It might help her to read articles or books on the subject, if you can find something- I'm sure someone here could make a recommendation.

I do not think you shouldn't tell people, nor that you're going to have a tough life, and nor does it matter what Tesco's employees think. This is not 1954- we see crossdressers on the TV regularly, and I assure you that among Tesco's thousands of employees there are many men who wear women's underwear to work- it's very common.

Never be afraid to be yourself, to live life on your own terms. Let others live in fear and repression, afraid what the neighbours will think. ******** to the neighbours.

Go out and buy some nice perfume!

Hugs, Nikki
    I used to have a short attention spa

Jennifer, it sounds like it didn't good too bad. They may need time to process it.
    Take your time, don't know your living situation but sounds like you can now dress in
    your room. Allow for communication and comfort levels.
    Hugs

Platinum Member
    This worked out quite a bit better than you must have expected. Now, perhaps you can start living in a more mature, open, but still respectful manner, rather than hurriedly dressing and then dashing back in the bedroom when they return. Try to work out some kind of mutually agreeable arrangements, so that you can be yourself, again, while showing some consideration for their feelings. it is their home, after all.
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jennifer,

I guess there is some silver lining to this cloud in that you have found out that your parents are receptive to your dressing and have taken the approach of loving you for who you are and not who you should be. As when many here tell their SOs, I recommend baby steps in your momentum forward to express yourself. Set some mutually agreed upon rules when it comes to your dressing at home and continue to talk . . . things should go a lot smoother.

Hugs

Isha

I am so pleased for you Jennifer

good luck for the future hope everything works out for you with your mum and dad x

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Devine View Post
    ..."Don't tell anyone" "You're going to have a tough life" "Don't let it get out at Tesco"...
    I'm assuming it's OK at ASDA, Sainsburys and the like though?

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Devine View Post
    Got quite emotional when my dad said, "No matter what you do, we will always love you and you will always be our son even if we don't agree with everything you do."
    Just for this point and hasten to add that I'm not religious, I hope your dad has booked his and your mum's places in heaven.

I suppose a 'T' definition for getting busted could be along the lines of, "that moment in life when you actually wish for a sink hole to open up and take you".

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    Well, the usual hard part is out of the way, telling your parents. Now it is up to you to show them that you will not have a hard time and can even excel in life because you are free to be who you are.

A good friend of mine is a Tesco employee and has transitioned at work. Her experience was very positive by all accounts.

i wonder if they came back early on purpose to confront you, not that it matters, but it seems like they really care about you , no matter what, that is cool