Thread: Climbing down form the treehouse

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar

Climbing down form the treehouse

It was just a year ago I posted this about my journey to "quit" or rather gain control of my cross-dressing. I learned a lot in those couple of years of resisting the urge to dress and had some old knowledge reinforced. I have learned enough that I am ready to come down from my tree house with its "no girl clothes allowed" sign.

Now this isn't saying I am going to start dressing again. No I am just at a point now where I feel I don't have to show a hard vehement no to the idea of cross-dressing. I feel I am at a point where I can cross-dress when I like without getting so obsessed with it like I used to. I can now come down from that high wall I built against wearing female clothes and meet those urges to dress on my own terms with a yes or no. It's mostly no but I know if and when I say yes that that yes does not have to be a life long contract of obsession.

I would highly recommend to anyone who was in my shoes to try this for a while. You get to learn a lot about yourself and your cross-dressing. And you get the confidence that you control it. I learn that the urge to cross-dress is nothing more than an emotional state that can change it will come back but so does happiness or sadness and other emotions. you can indulge in the emotions as you will just as long as they are at your will and not let the emotion bowl you over. ther is more But I feel like I will start a long ramble so I will end here.

I think my next Pink Fog I will get some clothes just to sound out once again how I truly feel about them But I have a feeling it will be the same.

I very much hope you find the balance you need. While not intended to stop crossdressing, i purged nearly everything just out of the frustration of not being able to in a comfortable location (spouse unsupportive). I am so sad at losing some of my nicest skirts... Don't purge, it's not a solution, never has been.

It's a good state of balance to find RD.. Unfortunately I do believe many of us can't always get to that state and either personal circumstances or the thickness of the fog conspire to make it too stressful... but I think I get where you're at too...

I don't know why more people aren't able to try this sort of CD asceticism, but maybe they do; we just don't get them on this forum so the tendency to reflect the predominant status (out to SO/often participating) of the messaging here puts not-so-subtle pressure on folk to follow the same course. It's good to hear that others are able to chart a different course and manage this wonderful passion in an alternate way. I'm trying to do the same and it seems to be working right now for me...

Perhaps you could let out your treehouse to others who want to try the 'RD Method'...?

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

You will "cross" that line when the time cones. Right RD?
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I felt and did exactly like you for awhile. Last year something changed and
    there is enjoyment now. Not sure what it is, but you may find yours soon.
    Hugs