Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nail salon

I also got my regular mani/pedi yesterday - at the local beauty school where they charge $15 for the mani/pedi! Anyway, I usually bring my own polish for my toes and this time it's "Opi Red" by OPI. As the polish is being put on my toes the lady in the next chair looks over and starts talking about how great the color looks - nothing mentioned about it being put on a guy's toes - just how great it looks. When her tech asked her what color she wanted she looked at the choices available, then pointed at my toes and said "I want THAT color!" The tech looked at my toes and said "Sorry - we don't have any OPI colors here". The customer looked again at the available colors and was having a hard time finding anything so I offered my bottle of Opi Red - the lady lit up in happiness and thanked me! Her husband was in the next chair over getting a pedicure also, but he declined color, even though the lady tried to push him into trying - he was a diabetic so it's probably just as well that he doesn't hide his nai beds under some color...
    Ambigendrous
    Wealth should not be measured by how much you have, but by how little you need - anon

My wife talked me into getting a mani/pedi about 3-years ago. I would always get clear on both fingers and toes. About 6-months ago I decided I wanted color on my toes (wife was not crazy about it, but has grown to accept it). Now when I go in the owner says in front of other customers, "You go pick out your color and take chair #so & so." It doesn't bother me at all now, in fact some women will smile or say "nice color"

I go every two weeks and have my finger nails done.. I am using the gel nail on them and the tech does a good job they are out nice and long now and looking good.. I use a pink clear polish right now will look at some color a little later.. also going to start doing the pedi in the next week or so and will have color put on them..

My wife urged me to get a mani/pedi several years ago. I now go regularly. The nail tech always finishes with a clear, high gloss top coat. When I am not at our Florida place (flip flops and sandals ever day) I keep my toe nails covered until I go for my mani/pedi. Last month I did a particularly lazy/ineffective job of removing my nail color. The tech noticed and giggled audibly. I giggled along with her.

We do all our own nail problems.

It's easy when you have the equipment and your wife works in the podiatry trade.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.