Thread: Have you been caught out unexpectedly?

Silver Member

Have you been caught out unexpectedly?

Many years ago I had gone to work fully underdressed. I lived 50 miles from work. Unexpectedly a snow storm came in and closed many roads. I was able to get close to home but the blizzard finally made it impossible to get beyond a friends home. He had no idea about my CDing and would have had a hard time about it. I had to seek shelter at his home. Before I got there I removed my bra, but didn't think about the fact that I had only pantyhose on under my pants. After I had been there a little while he said you can kick off your shoes. I passed on the suggestion. It was somewhat late and his wife brought in a blanket for me to cover up so I could sleep on the couch. He suggested that I could slip off my pants and be comfortable. I hardly slept that night in my pants worried my feet would come uncovered. They didn't and I left as soon as the sun was up for home.

Has anyone else found themselves caught out.

That is a great story!

I don't remember any instances of getting caught out like that, but I did have an instance when weather gave me a chance to crossdress. It was January 19, 1977. My Mom had passed away and my sister and I were down at my Mom's house in Palm Beach, Florida, taking care of her things and getting the house ready to market. That night it was bitter cold and around 10 p.m. my sister and I heard a small "pop." What we didn't realize for a while was that it was the pilot light on my Mom's heating system going out because we hadn't known to fill the underground propane tank.

Given that the house had jalousie windows (windows made of strips of glass about 3" wide, very useful in tropical and sub-tropical warm rainy climates but allowing airflow even when closed) it very quickly became very cold in the house. We each had a single sheet and blanket (and had no idea that there was a chest full of blankets in another bedroom) so we insulated our covers with spread out newspapers and when my sister said she was going to wear her pantyhose to bed I asked her if I could borrow a pair.

I spent the night in pantyhose with a completely legitimate seeming "excuse" (my sister didn't learn of my CD/TG nature until years later).

That night it snowed in South Florida for the first time since 1899. And it snowed in the Bahamas as well!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Read only
    Liz,
    I had almost the same thing with my son a while ago, I heard him come in and managed to pull some trousers on but didn't have time for socks ! Despite wearing slippers you could see they were tights rather than socks !

Also when I bought my first pair of heels, the SA asked me in front of other customers to put a pair of knee highs on before trying the shoes ! It did bring some interesting looks my way !
    Last edited by Teresa; 01-27-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Reality Check
    If you don't plan for emergencies, you will get caught sooner or later. It a matter of risk management. Any one of us could have a stroke or heart attack or a serious fall while dressed and have to call for help. We decide if it's worth the risk and make our decision.

Nope. Can't say as I ever have. I usually have things planned out pretty well.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

i'm fairly sure my ex-wife saw a frilly pair through the gap between my jeans and T-shirt one time i dropped the kids off. She never knew, and not a word, guess you just wonder!!!

When ever I have gone out, I prepare my self with a duffle bag. I have to dress in the car, I underdress and keep all my girl stuff in the bag until I am ready to switch. Then I carefully arrange all my male clothes in the bag and my shoes behind my seat, to have everything ready just in case any emergency.
    Some times if I have a small purse and no space for my wallet, I just put some cash a credit card and id, some times I am also afraid that I could loose my purse with my car keys in it, and all my stuff to change is there.

What would I do? who would I call?

A few times I just hang a valet key in my necklace if I am wearing a skirt with no pockets, or if jeans, just in the back pocket.

It is hilarious some times to think of all the odds that could happen, but I have not been caught in any situation like that.

Paola.

paola, you will now. knock on some wood!

Saw my daughter looking at my blue button down oxford cloth shirt and she must of seen my pink camisol just peaking I figure about a half inch. She reached over and gave me a hug and felt her hand feeling my back and made it obvious she felt the straps of my camy. She never said a thing.

Never been caught unexpectedly yet. But it's a matter of time, I've been open with a wider circle of people and if it happens it happens.
    Nothing to be ashamed of, just me being me.

In 2010, i was staying overnight on the third floor of a motel in Montana, a very family oriented one. Parents with kids all over the place! I decided to dress up in a very tight short dress, dark hose, and 4" black patent heels, and walk out on the porch. Then , decided to actually step out in the hallway, holding my door open, but, i let it close! No key!! I just stood there , thinking of what to do. No way out, face the music dressed up. I took off my heels, so i could "run faster", and walked to the elevator, , got down to the lobby, kids all over, and adults, just walked fast to the desk, and told them i locked my self out. After i told the door number, a lady handed me another key. I then caught the elevator, while people watched, and some in the elevator. Got out, walked past a man watching, walked super fast to my room, fumbled with the key, and got in, and felt totally relieved!

Alice, I would shrink to the size of a mouse if that happened to me! Worse I've experienced was all dressed up in a hotel and the fire alarm went off. Fire trucks came and we had to evacuate. I managed to quickly de-girl except for fingernail polish. Wore athletic socks on my hands and got some funny looks. I was thinking it was the hand socks. Got back to the room and noticed I still had on lip stick. Oh well.

I usually do like Paola. I have an emergency set of drab clothes in a bag and sneakers behind the seat. I also include nail polish remover, makeup removal towelettes , a small towel, and a wet washcloth in a ziplock. I only put my ID and some cash in my ladies wallet; don't want to lose anything important transferring too many things back and forth. I have some regular essentials in my purse that I always leave in there. I just add my wallet and cell phone.

He'll-o Liz,
    I was out for a late night walk through a very large and open city square.
    I had walked there many times before, without a problem and felt safe.
    Well this night was the same as any other. I walked my normal walk towards a
    large hotel with a convention center and an outdoor shopping area. When I got to
    the shopping area I stopped to scan the area for people. While I was standing there
    a guy on a bicycle came riding right past me. I mean really close!
    He rode about 50 feet and turned around and came back. He rode about 10 feet past
    me again and stopped. I turned so that he couldn't get a good look at me, but there I was.
    All he said was "Hi", all I could say was "hey" and walked away from him back towards my car.
    Well he rode off but not far, I kept my eye on him the whole way, but in doing so, I walked right into the path of another guy. When I saw him he had already noticed me, so when I looked at him, I immediately turned away, I heard him say "pardon me" as if he wanted to ask me a question. But that just put me in high gear and I double timed it the last 100 yards. I was about 10 feet from my car, when bicycle boy showed up again.
    He said " your beautiful, I thought you looked upset, and wanted to make sure you knew that."
    I just opened the door and jumped in as fast as I could.
    What a nice guy, but I did get a good laugh thinking about it, if he only knew!
    Much Love,
    Kristyn
    I smile because you are my friend, and
    I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it!!!

HoH, Wow! That would really make me nervous, and scared, but, maybe spur confidence. The second guy, would have really shook me! That could have been dangerous, but it is good you got to the car sooner than later!

I came close to disovery when a girlfriend wanted to get into bed with me.
    I protested vehemently and she left.

Bummer....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    I have gone out driving and strolling in the evenings when my wife has been out of town. I always have taken a change of clothing in case my car were to break down, etc. There is no thrill in having an unintended meeting with people. You just cannot anticipate all the consequences of one's actions. When I do go for a drive i make sure all my lights are working. The last time I was stopped by a police officer was to be advised one of my break lights was not working. I was in male attire, so no big deal. I don't know if the police officer would have acted differently, but, still legally, if I were en femme. I just do not want to find out.

The closest I ever got to being found out was wearing my mother's dress when my mother and father came home early. I thought for sure the security chain on the apartment door would surely be broken as my father tried to break it. I suspect they knew of my dressing, but, could not catch me. Maybe, if they had asked there would have been a discussion, like getting the crap beat out of me for being a pervert.

Take no chances. Plan for the unintended consequences of your actions!

Silver Member
    The only thing about that time was it was a good close long time high school friend and where I grew up. I've had other experiences also, such as the time the fire alarm went off in the airplane as we were ready to take off. We evacuated and waited an hour to board another. Since I underdressed when flying it didn't bother me but no question I had a bra on.