Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: a question - did you have more girls as friends than boys as a child?

wow, thank you girls, this is really helping me.
    i'm thinking that who one prefers to pass one's time with indicates one's nature?

Until I was 11 my father was in the military. We moved around a lot, sometimes 2 or 3 times in a year. I never got close to anyone as I knew that there would be no lasting friendship. That carried on in my life and to this day I don't have any friends from school except for my Bro In Law's brother who is the same age as me. I do recall that I always seemed to get along better with girls but I was way to shy to ask one out. Finally broke that my senior year in HS but only had one date. A
    As an adult I always got along with the women I worked with better than the guys. I've never been a sports fanatic but for the most part I've had "masculine" interests. I like to work on mechanical things ie: cars and I like carpentry having built 4 homes 2 for myself and one each for parents and sister. I'm now embarking on the final build of my life in my dream home.
    It's funny, like my dad, in a group setting I tend to be with the women more than the guys.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    I was referred to as a "ladies man" 10 years ago at a competitive event. It kind of surprised me, but on reflection I realized that that was a pretty accurate observation and that I've always been that way. I could always talk with women easier than with men even to the point of causing problems with girlfriends and the ex by spending more time with the ladies than with the men.

Growing up, I had few friends, ever. Living off the beaten path, only a couple of boys my age bracket, neither my friend. Nor girls. My sister had three friends her age, me, none. From age 9 up, I would have 'sort of' friends who were more friends to each other than to me, guys who were only with me during certain activities like basketball, but after the game was over, we went our separate ways. That was pretty much my experience almost all the way through high school. Girls became not really friends, but someone to talk to when I was sitting next to them at school or working as a volunteer. But we didn't hang out outside of school or work. Later, as an adult, single women weren't friends because they didn't want me to assume they wanted anything more, and of course a single young male couldn't hang out with married women. It wasn't until my 20's that I learned how to cultivate friendships, and even then, only a few. I mostly talked to the married women at work. Mid 20's I learned how to socialize and make friends.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

growing up in the country, there was 4 little boys, one of us had moms draws on! guess who lol

Reality Check
    No. My friends were boys except for the girls I dated.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    I guess I was like Krisi. Mostly male friends doing traditionally male things. But, I always had a girlfriend or two. And, I was very comfortable playing with dolls and doing girl stuff with them. I had fun getting dirty or getting pretty. Maybe that's why my attitude towards embracing the full gender spectrum is so universal and matter-of-fact.
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

Shoot it has to be girls. I was the mr abbey of Jr high and High school. I gave all the girls advice.

Banned Read only
    I was the typical boy. All my friends were boys and all the girls had kooties. I know and knew I was "male" the same way I know I am straight or know that I will take another breath after this one.