Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crossdressing seems normal compared to????

Oh to be an English Rose Jane G's Avatar
    Very funny thread. During the winter we dress head to toe in Neoprene and take cold salt water baths, here in Cornwall, all in the name of fun and know one bats a eyelid at a 50+ guy, standing out side a church in his Speedo's.

Aspiring Member
    Considering I've crossed paths with visibly disturbed cultists, dogs trained to bark at volunteers from the residents' committee (in a very visible polo shirt, honestly) among other things, cross-dressing is fairly mundane when done in the open.

Time and time again, however, I hear 'pervert' and, much to my anger, 'trap' being thrown about whenever us cross-dressers are being discussed. Especially 'trap' when used regardless of intention - compare 's*emale'. Grrrrr!

One of the inevitabilities of communal living is having to put up with the other residents' quirks. For NIMBY/DADT/non-accepting* folks, if we are to go full out with and on our whims, it'll cause them discomfort eventually. Which is pretty inconsiderate to some.

*I choose not to use the un- prefix due to the subtle negative connotation.

Quote Originally Posted by AccidentalDresser View Post
    So as a result the room is still for rent and I don't plan on living with a family of four and their mother any time soon.
    I feel sorry for him, really I do but his kids are 5 & 2 and they all plan to live in the one room and put mum in the shed.
    AD - I think that's very sensible of you not to want to... and thank you for sharing that and making me cry tears into my coffee this morning... I know stereotypes are just that because it embodies reality but it's still funny when you come across a live one...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    Thanks Katey. Looking hot as BTW. I think mymale side is fighting back a bit or you are just looking especially lovely

Worst part with that Vietnamese guy was I didnt know if I should be more shocked that he expected to be able to move his wife and kids all in to my single room. Or that he wanted to put mum inlaw in the shed.

I tend to be a daydreamer and I had visions of coming home to find he and his family gone still owing two weeks rent & the poor mother sitting out the back by the shed asking me when I think they will be back.
    I have a very overactive mind but it keeps me amused.

There are some good leads though on the rental front but it would be boring to talk about them.
    I have pretty much decided though that I wont be taking in any mid 20's females.Some of them seemed nice but I dont really want their boyfriends or partners hanging round all the time or worse still getting jelous or trashing my house if they have a fight and break up.
    Also Ido think its a bit improper for a boy and girl to live in such close quarters like that unless like my X SOB & I they plan on being married. I suppose I still have a little of the old fashioned values left in me from Mum & Dad & the Grandparents.

This was this one gay guy who came to have a look but was pretty much texting the whole time I showed him the place and took 3 phone calls during the tour. He said he didnt really like the colour scheme and the bathroom was depressing so no thanks.
    He was mainly just a rude and arrogant person & I think he was just looking for the sake of looking.

The only smart thing I did at the start of advertising the room was to buy a cheap pre-paid sim card and put it in an old mobile so once the process is finished I dont get continuous calls & sms from people about the room for months to follow.
    I am still seriously considdering showing the place to one or two potential renters as my female self. While its an exciting thought I doubt I will work up the courage to do so. But I like to think that I could.

I hate showing the place to strangers almost as much as I hate moving house.
    But perhaps this process will be good at preparing me to meet new people and make new friends.
    YAY I just worked out how to make a signature.
    Now if I only knew what to write

Quote Originally Posted by Katey888 View Post
    This is a funny thread, AD - and with a serious backstory, I think... just that more people might be accepting if so many didn't think all CDers were sex-obsessed perverts and serial killers (thanks Hollywood... )

Katey x
    Crossing a serial killer can be awful.
    You end up in a hospital with a nasty knife wound and a large medical bill.

At least if your attacker is a sex-obsessed pervert as well you would have something interesting to reflect upon while you lay there and recover form your injuries.

Sorry it just sprung into my head. I hope others see the same twisted humour as I do in this.

Wow, I think I'd rather eat Top Ramen and Mac n Cheese and get by without a roommate!

This might be too radical for you but I liked your thought about just coming out yourself. Since you are being careful and picky (and rightly so), why not pick a roomie who is OK with girly you? And from that perspective, I wouldn't rule out the young women either, though I do agree about the distatpsteful boyfriends. but hey, you might find a makeup whiz.

One excellent technique is to place your ads in a LBGT newsletter, post the ad at a drop-in center, etc. Explain who you are (don't use a last name and male or female as you prefer). The burner phone is a great idea and should keep you safe, just in case; the down side is that they already know where you live. Targeted ads are a great way to filter your responses.
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Silver Member
    There is nothing more disgusting than a guy who is fat, bald, 40 years old and plays computer games... Seriously? Isn't that awfully judgmental, coming from someone who is also seen as an oddball by society because of their unusual interests? I'd take him any day over the girl who wants to have her boyfriend over in your house (that has trouble written all over it.)

Besides, asking about the internet available and any latency issues is a perfectly legitimate question. Not only does it ruin games which run in real-time, but can cause problems with VoIP, video chat, YouTube and other things.

great thread ,
    I too like to visualize things and you hit it right on the head keep trying you will find someone who will be ideal
    hugs phylis anne

OMG Now I have offended Vickie as well.....

My actual further thoughts on the gamer guy were not his looks or weight but I had also imagined that he did nothing but play online all day & night and hacked my internet & bank accounts. He also didn't have a job so I was worried how he would pay the rent.
    His exact words were "Oh... Ummm... I am between jobs right now but I would be able to get the bond money from Centrelink in a couple of weeks once you signed my rent forms"
    Centrelink is the Australian version of the Dole Office. Once they have paid someones Bond & once that person has lived in your flat or house for 3 months, it is very difficult to evict them. Even if they are years behind in rent you are not permitted to turn them out legaly because you cant legaly make someone homeless (Unless you are a Bank)
    The Current Affairs programs are full of stories of people moving into a place on welfare payments & then the landlord having no rights to evict them. And their one main line when interviewed for the TV show is "I am between jobs right now" And usually have been for years.

I may have been a bit judgemental but this is my private space & my life that I am having someone else move in to & I really think anyone in the same situation would be just as fussy and picky as I am being.

Being kind hearted is one thing. Coming home to find your TV gone and your flatmate flown the coup is another.

In fairness the stereotype of the overweight gamer is used a lot. South Park used it in at least one episode, so they get lodged in our heads. I don't think Accidental was meaning to slam the entire video gaming community.
    As I write this I'm sure that somewhere in the World someone is saying something nasty and stereotypical about cross dressers too.

There's that smile! CarlaWestin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlaWestin View Post
    I like the part about being trapped in a maid's outfit. I forgot the rest.
    Gosh this is a great thread!

Where was I?
    I've waited so long for this time. Makeup is so frustrating. Shaking hands and I look so old. This was a mistake.
    My new maid's outfit is cute. Sure fits tight.
    And then I step into the bedroom and in the mirror, I see a beautiful woman looking back at me.
    Smile, Honey! You look fabulous!

I would like to add some advivce but thank god i do not need a room mate .Although i do like the thread about the french maid thing i have a weakness for petticoats and french maid outfits .
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

lol Seems to be a lot of aspiring French Maids here.

I must admit it is one of my most favorite outfits. I dont wear it though to do houswork but perhaps I should as it only got worn out the one time to Mardi Gras and a few times round the house.
    I really love the way the lace under the skirt bounces against my bum when I walk in it. It really does give that supremely girlie feeling.