Thread: A little mistake that left me feeling sky high for once..!!

A little mistake that left me feeling sky high for once..!!

One of my biggest issues that I often chastise myself over is being inwardly effected by what people say...just those little things when you are called sir and you are clearly presenting in the opposite gender....ok so well done they have picked me from 1/4 of a mile away you don't have to rub it in....

But yesterday I had the opposite which was nice ...!!

I had gone shopping and the mall was packed...entered City Chic (women fashion shop) and browsed the racks I found a dress that was supper cute so I joined the queue for the change rooms and after an eternity got to try the dress on...it was a bit big but I loved it I decided to get the sales girls thoughts on it and wether it would alter....

She was busy talking to another woman, so I stood to the side and waited patiently ,pondering wether to purchase or not....all of a sudden a woman approached me clutching an outfit and asked "do you work here ?".

Thankfully I resisted the serious urge to hug and kiss her on the cheek...!!...I'm fed up of being seen as a man in a dress...its nice for once to be seen as a woman...and I swear there was not guide dog or walking stick in sight she just hadn't read me...yeh!!

I had used a new foundation as well so I was really pleased that it had worked to a degree..!!

I don't take photo's in shops as it can seem a little off...this one when I got home that night.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...attach/jpg.gif
    Attached Images Attached Images

That must of been a great feeling, and I must say you look adorable in this picture.

Thats so good but i do t see it as a mistake. U look very good so what foundation was it we all went to know lol be sweet love cindy

From various pictures you have posted I'm not surprised that woman mistook you for one of the saleswomen.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    How neat! Very cool

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jessica,

I think we are our own worst critics when it comes to how we present as we know who really lurks behind the mask of make-up, wig, clothing and breast forms. I think you look wonderful and very femme. Great story BTW.

Hugs

Isha

I think you look like you could be a SA. Thanks for the story.
    Kim

"I just gotta be me"

Platinum Member
    That was a great moment. And you look lovely!
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

That's awesome so happy for you!

Junior Member AccidentalDresser's Avatar
    I agree with the rest of the posters here.

Absolutely no mistake here, you look very fem and quite lovely.
    I think its very true that its hard to see yourself the way others do & therefore we are never quite as convinced as we would like to be.

Also I think if someone has spotted you as a man then its because they have looked at you for a while.
    They propbably thought "WOW she's quite lovely" first up then stared at you for a while and then questioned themselves a bit and then examined every movement until they finaly figured it out.
    In general people dont realy look at each other too closely in public unless something peaks their interest. So either way if they are noticing you then you have peaked their interest and thats good. You must be doing something right.

xxxxx
    YAY I just worked out how to make a signature.
    Now if I only knew what to write

That *is* awesome!

Base-level, raw acceptance. I wish that happened more often.

<3

- MM
    - Madame Moose - on my way to Anne
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    "I yam what I yam and tha's all what I yam." -- Popeye the Sailor
    "If I am not for myself, who will be for me? And when I am for myself, what am 'I'? And if not now, when?" - Hillel the Elder

But did you get the dress?

Hugs, Bria

You look lovely, as usual!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Just what I've always said. When u REALLY PASS? You'll know it! Great feeling isn't it Jessica?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Congratulations Jessica you look lovely

Congrats, you look cis, I am sure you have really work hard just like cisgender women do, great fashion sense

I certainly would have made the same "mistake". You're a doll! Very pretty dress.
    Visit Kandi's Land (http://www.kandis-land.com/) daily! Nothing but positive and uplifting posts!
    Pictures and stories of every time out: https://www.flickr.com/photos/131254150@N06/.

I know what it's like, Jesicajane, to be called "sir" when one is doing one's best to look and feel like a woman. That happened to me one time when I was at the checkout counter of a local RiteAid drugstore. To this day I believe the female employee really wanted to ridicule and belittle me. I don't think I am particularly paranoid! I am inclined to think a male employee would not have done the same thing.
    I recall I was on my way out of a Macy's store en femme one time with a dress I had just purchased. The buzzer sounded and I returned to the nearest counter, explaining to the male employee in my best femme voice that I had actually just bought the dress. I think that the combination of my voice and my distress combined to show him that I was who I was, but he merely commented on how nice the dress was, and sent me on my way. Just chalk it up to experience and go on one's way! I enjoyed your story. Thanks, Bobbie

Thanks girls for the lovely comments, we all need a confidence boost now and again...and Yes Bria..I bought the dress..!!

I was dressed, talking to some girls of the night in Las Vegas.
    I was approached by someone wanting my favours.
    One of the regulars stepped in and said "she doesn't work this beat you will have to take me".

The other girls then thought they could make money being my pimp.

It was hard not to feel flattered.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Going on your pics alone, I'm surprised anyone has ever called you "Sir"!
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!