Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: shaved legs

I typically shave my upper body 24/7/365 and only shave my legs for a month or two during the short Texas winter. I've had more comments or questions from my two 20 something daughters they notice everything and one questions from a female co-worker about my shaved forearms. I responded that it was cooler without body hair and she was fine with the answer and dropped the subject.

Wow, this thread is still going on? This thread has LEGS!

I like reading the complex explanations / rationalizations some people have. I'd offer the observation that any explanation that's longer than a single, short sentence is automatically suspect. (The lady doth protest too much.) So saying "I like 'em that way" is both true and believable. Some long story about biking, scuba diving, or other "manly" pursuit that forces you to shave your legs is pretty hard to swallow.

Jennie's rule of answers: if the answer is more than twice the length of the question, it's suspect.

Q: "Why do you shave your legs?"
    A: "I like them that way." (good.)
    A: "I'm a bicyclist and the hair sticks out through my spandex and causes wind resistance that slows me down and could cost me first place in a race that's decided by milliseconds." (bad.)
    A: "What's it to ya?" (good.)
    A: "I'm a scuba diver and the hair makes it harder for me to put on my wet suit so I shave all year long even though there's 9 feet of snow on the ground right now and I live 100 miles from the ocean." (bad.)
    A: "Im a crossdresser," (good.)

Nope, but I suspect that it is because no one really wants to ask the 6'2 biker looking guy why his legs are buttery smooth...

Smart idea with the PJs at night for your wife!

I think these days it's more acceptable for a man to have shaved legs. I do it occasionally and I don't worry about it.
    Ladies & Gentlemen, HER. 💋🌸💗

I have been shaving my legs for over7 years no one has ever said anything to me

I am going through laser treatment on my legs. I had my armpits lasered several years ago and loved the results. I really like the no hair feeling.

My wife said " you need to get a tan!!

I have been shaving my arms and legs for too many years to count and the only comments have come from my mother-in-law. She simply stated that her husband (since deceased) used to shave his body and that was basically the end of the conversation. I've never had anyone else comment on it and it really seems to be a non-issue.

I usually don't wear shorts in male mode much, but when I do, I have only had one person make a comment and that was only because he was around a bunch of immature guys at the time. I just told them that I did shave my legs and the conversation was done. But normally, as I stated, I have pants on when in male form so a lot of the time people don't even know I shave my legs.

Tell 'em, "don't knock 'til you've tried it."
    DonnaT

As I get older my body hair is getting thinner and lighter. I shave my legs and nobody seems to notice; at least nobody has commented.
    Lynn

If I was ever asked if and why I shaved my legs I would reply that I did it to look good in a skirt. This year I will tan my legs too because it makes your tights, (pantyhose), look better and more expensive than they really are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shaved legs is one of the best parts of dressing for me. I've started using an epilator, and it's fantastic. I would love for the trend to catch on more so I could be less self conscious.

I have shaved arms. legs and body for years.. didn't wear shorts for a while because of it.. last two years I started wearing shorts and no one has said a thing.... other then my mom telling me my shorts shorts were to short....lol

I wear pants when I am shaved. However, I started going to the gym. I wore shorts. I noticed the instructor of my class look at my legs. I never noticed any glances from the fellow students. No comments. I have worn pantyhose with shorts in public. No comments. I have worn dark pantyhose with shorts with no reaction. I have worn skirts as a man and gotten a few comments like, "You look comfortable," Did you want to swish tonight?", "Was it a bet?" (I answered "no"), etc.

I keep my legs shaved all the time. No one has commented, but one woman told me she'd never wear pantyhose with jeans.

I wear pantyhose all the time, even with shorts. I guess they tend to deflect attention from my lack of leg hair.

i don't care what strangers would say, but i know for sure that my parents, my sister, my best friend would say something negative. a lot of them already said that they don't like it an don't understand it, when they saw a man with shaved legs.

i am scared what women will say, when you pick them up and start to undress. does anyone has experince with this situation?

Aspiring Member
    I have actually been shaving my legs since a few days ago; roommate does not notice a thing even though I wear shorts when not at work. Then again, they're full of blemishes now and it will be back to square one when I start cross-dressing again.

I am blessed with being naturally hairless, so...I get fine hairs on my legs, but I have shaved or waxed them since my teens. If I wax, I get about 3 or so weeks; if I shave, I get about 3 or so days.
    I have received rare compliments, but never a negative comment.

Go for it, many men have shaved legs these days, just as many women have stopped shaving theirs!
    Chrissi
    Smile! You'll always brighten someone's day, including your own from their return smile!

i actually have quite hairless legs, far hairy than a women but far less than most of the guys i know, when i was younger before i even started shaving them i was asked about them and someone joked that i must be a cyclist explaining why they were streamline.

anytime ive shaved them since i usually only wear jeans or work trousers so no one would be any wiser. i also avoid doing it in the summer because of shorts.
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

Banned Read only
    if you use veet hair removal do not let it set for more then 10mins or you get a sunburn type rash. i had to do two treatments and the second one left it on for 25 mins. i usually use a razor but wondered if this was quicker,the cream works but follow directions is a major clue...lol

I can think of three scenarios for those who shave their legs. (I included.)

1. People are so busy with caring only about themselves, most don't actually notice you, what your doing, or the details of your body.
    2. In the small group of people with the attention to detail to actually notice, most still have a combination of manners/social anxiety and they wont outright ask a stranger about the whether-to's and the why-hows of their body.
    3. Those people who are a combination of a Type-A personality, poor manners, a judgmental eye, and a Sherlock attention to detail who actually want to ask you about your persona life? Shoo them away with a ''Yes, for medical reasons.''

This of course isn't so true for close friends, or relatives, but in public I try and keep in mind the odds of a negative encounter are pretty small.

I have shaved my legs for months now and no-one has said anything as yet,people seen to busy to care

I shaved my legs a couple of times decades ago. The few hairs that came back are so fine that they are not noticeable. I feel fortunate for this condition. I honestly don't remember how hairy my legs looked before I shaved them. I started recently shaving my underarms. I seem to be having the same success here, although I shave them anyway. My chest is a different story. It needs to be shaved before I can wear low cut blouses and dresses. I have not shaved my arms and the hair there is noticeable. I like to wear short sleeve shirts en drab and have been afraid that someone would notice.