Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: shaved legs

If you want to shave your legs, just own yourself and do it. Most people are too wrapped up in their own lives to either care or notice. And if someone does notice, so what?! It's no big deal at all. If you believe otherwise, that's the fear in the back of your head whispering deceitful little lies designed to blow the reality of the situation WAAAAY out of proportion and to assign dire, all-is-lost consequences to the possibility of someone noticing. Believe me, the world will not end, even if it *seems* like it may. Life is too short as it is. So why get all caught up in the small stuff? If you want to do it, do it!!! It's *that* easy. :-)

I have been shaving my legs for several years now and I can't stand it when I don't do it. I have seen a few people look but they didn't say anything. Most people do not care or even notice. If anyone asks tell them its low testosterone or that you fell into a vat of nair during a factory tour.

I am a avid cyclist and have been decades. We use to casually joke with ourselves about our "lady legs." I suppose because most people I know know this about me I get a pass. Anyway, a few years ago a female colleague was pulling the chain of another one of our male peers, a novice cyclist, about shaving his legs. He stumbled and stammered and tried making excuse like, " I only shave below the knees!" He made it so much worse for himself because the ribbing continued. Now, I have no doubt it had nothing to do with smooth legs, rather his vulnerability about shaving.

My legs have been shaved the last two summers, and I wear shorts all summer, and no one has ever said anything about it. I think we worry too much. Nobody really cares.

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    never got a comment.....not at the beach, at the pool, in the gym......never.......

I'm also a biker. When I answer with that it's pretty much the end of the inquiry. With all the tattoos and piercings out there, shaved legs barely register. A couple of times I've had gg's kiddingly comment my legs looked better than theirs.

Before I started shaving my legs I was getting very painful ingrown hairs. A dermatologist at the VA suggested shaving my legs as a way to eliminate them. She was right, no more ingrown hairs and my legs are nice and smooth, and when people ask why I shave my legs I tell them the same thing I mentioned here.
    Luv and Jill

Straight, into Fantasy Land

Banned Read only
    One person, in 4 years, has asked. I am in shorts quite frequently. When asked if I shaved my legs my response was. "Yes." No one cares.

Besides my ex who didn’t like it, a Doctor during a physical asked if I was a bike rider. I wear shorts a lot, but not at work, I don’t need cuts on my legs. I know they noticed during my physical therapy last year but nobody said anything. Nobody cares.

I have been shaving my legs and chest for years. No one has ever said a word. I go to my dermatologist twice a year...nothing. Had surgery on my leg...ditto. As CDs, I think we spend way to much energy worrying about what other people may notice or think. Most people are too caught up with their own lives to either notice or give a rip.

I was sitiing with my legs up near the campfire on a bike ride evening, and a girl I didn't know made a slightly antagonistic comment about cylclists shaving their legs to fit in. I said, "Nah, it's more of an excuse than anything, I just prefer them like this" She just snorted and started talking to someone else.
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

No one has ever asked me (and they have been shaved for 10 years or more)

No one ever said anything, I think that people don't even notice :-)

Hugs
    Henriette
    Love and hugs
    Henriette

Please visit my website to read more about me at http://henriette5.wix.com/mystory
    Or visit my Flickr pictures https://www.flickr.com/photos/127846920@N04/ OR my Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/henriette.kristensen.357

The secret is to keep your legs slightly tanned like the tops of your arms as this looks healthy rather than strange

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkilovesdresses View Post
    My wife. I just went and bought some light cotton pj bottoms from a lingerie shop to save her from prickly stubble while the hair's growing out again.
    Why is your hair growing out again? Come on, girls, let's each send Nikki a razor so this tragedy can be avoided.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Be all the woman that you can be!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    . . . and now, On With The Show!

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana Moretti View Post
    never got a comment.....not at the beach, at the pool, in the gym......never.......
    Me neither.
    DonnaT

I to have shaved legs and chest for years never a word. But recently i had some surgery and the nurse went to shave the area ,and remarked to me that her job had been already compleated.

My smooth chest seems to have lately drawn some attention, but over the years my overall look and presence have "raised the eyebrows" of many. I once heard a general contractor say (I was in the adjacent room):

"He's either gay or Canadian."

I have been shaving my legs for a couple of years. The very first time friends and family questioned me. I just told them yes I shaved my legs. Them that was the last time any on asked. I dont even think about it any more. Every couple of days. I just shave.

I would love to be mentally strong enough to just shave everything and not care. I love how it looks, how it feels and (something that transcends gender) it would make my bathroom much much cleaner! I'm so tired of seeing my hair all over the place. It's like a live with a big shaggy dog.
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

Nope never any comments. Had a guy ask me if I shaved my arms once. I replied no and never have. Never had to. I don't see why you need a cover story if asked. Just tell the truth.
    Karen

My aunt always comments how my legs are smoother than hers, she really doesn't care. When she noticed the first time I told her I don't like body hair.
    My cousin who is 14 brings it up an kind of laughs about it. I make it clear I don't care.
    My sister in-law also has noticed and I tell her the same thing I tell my aunt.

I don't act like it is a big deal and nobody ever has acted like it is.

early in the year, I was at ocean city MD. I had shaved legs. I was a bit suprised at how few people even noticed. Not comments, I did get one GG who gave a very unflattering look, but other than that basically nothing, not most who payed attention or cared, I am not sure which.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Quote Originally Posted by gendermutt View Post
    I did get one GG who gave a very unflattering look
    She was probably mad that you were making her look bad!
    I got that good girl faith and a tight little skirt.
    ~Kristina~

I've had a few people notice. A friend asked if I shaved them, I said yea, he said, "Huh". That was the end of it. The same day a female friend said my legs looked really smooth, I said, "Thanks" that was the end of that one. Then out of nowhere my step mother in law asked how often I shave them. I said whenever I need to. She then turned to my wife and said "Probably almost as much as we do". My wife told her more often then they do. That was the end of it. No one really cared. If they asked why I'd just tell them I'm not a fan of body hair, it's true.