Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: shaved legs

I was at the Dr's office today (drab), wearing shorts, running shoes and sporting super smooth legs from epilating yesterday.

When I told her I only ran 2 miles today instead of my usual 5 since I wasn't feeling well, she did a subtle double take at my legs. I think she was actually checking me out...

Lol I am lucky...very very little body hair to speak of....no armhair at all, and like 10 hairs on my chest

I have very little fair hair on my legs so I have never found it a problem

I've only had one person ask in 3 years. I told her that I shaved them because I was losing the hair on my legs and I didn't like the patchy look. She said oh, cool, they look good, and that was the end of it.

My wife told me if anyone asks again just tell them that I do it because she likes it.

Fortunately my wife and I both hate body hair. I have been shaving my legs and underarms for 3 years now and been getting my back and chest waxed for 8 years. I will NEVER go back to hairy.

true. It's all about what people are used to seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by Charla McBee View Post
    I'm out to everyone as TG at least verbally so I'm not sure what I'm still worried about as far as people noticing all the shaving. Winter is a convenient excuse not to expose anything though, even in this part of Florida. I'm considering changing my facebook gender to something like androgynous, after that all bets are off. If I want to be truly out I've got to let go.
    I'm at the same stage you are. I find it more uncomfortable to be in "no man's land" in between genders. I actually have a tougher time people accepting me with painted nails if I am not totally female.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-20-2015 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Merged posts into one, you can edit your previous post when adding things

Lots of great answers here to something that must be a worry to many!

I too am a leg shaver, although I blame the cycling, which I er get out less to do nowadays!

I have shaved my upper body along time before before coming out to my wife, since coming out to her I shaved my legs for the first time this winter. I have had always had issues with sweating at night in bed becuase the sheets used to stick to my legs like glue. This winter is the first time this problem has not appeared in my life, so I have now decided with the support of my wife to own this and keep my legs shaved permanently. I have to deal with my perception of what people think when I am out shopping for myself, this will go along way in helping me embrace this.

Silver Member Majella St Gerard's Avatar
    I've been shaving my legs for the past 3 years now and wear shorts at work all summer and have never had anyone ask about the lack of hair on my legs, some people don't have much hair on their legs anyway, besides it's no ones buisness. I also shave my arms, in fact everything is shaved except my chest, my wife likes my hairy chest and asked me to keep it.

I've had clots in my legs twice, and so the docs recommend that i wear these very thick, tight elastic thigh high stockings. Anyone asks, I shave my legs because I got tired of ripping the hairs out of my legs every day when putting the stockings on, as they slide on easier when there's no hair. Now if I could find them in white, they'd make a nice match for my nurses dress. Used to come in white, but now I can only find them in tan colors, or black.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Luv doing girl stuff CherylFlint's Avatar
    Never-ever have shaved my legs.
    The trick I use is that I wear same skin-colored support panty hose and wear black ff nylons over them. Of course I also wear a garter belt/girdle.
    Never have shaved because the support hose/black stockings hides everything.

I just did it. I thought I might be able to go out bare legs. But, I was disappointed. I am a marathon runner and climber, legs are scratched and bruised, plus I have a certain muscle tone that is definitely unfeminine and was accentuated. I had to go back to the hose. I don't think I will do it again.

With my shaved legs its hard also. Lot of scratches and surgery scars on top of the super white legs. Been using tanning lotion to help with the white legs. Even though their not perfect the feeling is just so good!

My legs are so white and the hair is so light any way. I have been asked when I was not shaven it they were shaved, and no one has said anything when my legs are shaved. Go figure.

Silver Member
    Ok. So I recently had to change my schedule and sign up for a Scuba cert class for me my wife and 16 y.o. son. On a tight schedule so the first class was two weeks since my last shave. I was a little concerned if my son or the instructor would notice. Hit the pool and noticed the instructors legs were shaved. My wife doesn't seem to notice very closely. At week one they were getting stubble enough to scratch her. She asked did you shave your legs again? I said not for a week!

Moral of the story? The heck with it. I shaved again this morning! I love that just shaved feel on my legs.

I am fairly hairless, so I don't even have to shave my arms (looks more like a GG when I don't). I am a cyclist so shaving my legs isn't really a red flag.

I've been shaving my body hair for the last 4 months and my gf loves the look and feel of it as much as I do. She did worry about how I would explain it once the weather starts getting warm enough to wear shorts. Reading some of the comments here doesn't sound as if I'll have any issues.
    Candee

I only shave in the winter. The only problem is my wife's jealousy, because my legs look better than hers.

I don't worry about it. My legs are my business. Even wear nylons under my pants with no socks on and have been caught. Once again it is my business whether family or stranger. Know someone who wears dresses, nylons, and heels and doesn't pass, yet I have seen him out in public and no one bothers him. Women wear what they want so why not men. We like what we like, right? yes I do wear panty's when wearing pantyhose too. My brows are arched, hair is long and colorful scrunchy's are a everyday thing Only my lover knows more.

a bit nutty
    Some stare, but don't say much. A guy I work with sings the "...we wear short shorts..." tune. You get used to it. I don't have to make excuses, I just tell the few that ask that I think hairy legs look like s@#t! Either that or I ask why the dude is checking out my legs!

Living in California it is common to see men shaved. I've been doing this since high school.

A cute Minnesota girl!! Natalie cupcake's Avatar
    No I wear pants when I'm in guy mode.

I am naturally very hair. Legs, arms, chest, back underarms all full of long black hair if I don't shave. I live way down in South Louisiana and have been shaving everything under the eyes for the last 8 years or so. Nobody cares, I got a few comments from the guys I work with for my arms the first time, but that is normal since we all give each other a hard time. When I started getting my eyebrows waxed, I had only one female co worker notice. I said I didn't want to look like woolly caterpillar up there. Her and some other ladies ask some questions about shaving, and I told them I shave everything. Guess what, they didn't judge and found it interes. My wife prefers me shaved, and my family has never even commented. People live in their world, and men shaving their bodies is pretty mainstream now.

I wanted to apologize to anyone that I may have offended by mentioning evolution on this thread. And especially, I ABSOLUTELY did not intend to mock anyone while doing so. My apology is completely honest and sincere. I'm sorry that I tend to joke a bit too much.

When I was younger my legs were moderately hairy, but mainly from the knee down, never much to speak of on my thighs. Now I could pretty much use a tweezer to pluck my legs clean of hair. Even tho I have never shaved them, I have been asked a few times if I shave them. The little hair I do have, isn't at all noticeable under hosiery. Being in Florida, where people frequently wear shorts, I have noticed a lot of guys with hairless legs. Mostly older guys since I think leg hair has a tendency to diminish as we age. So anyone contemplating shaving their legs, I say just do it. Let Sasquatch be the only ones to sport leg hair.
    Tina