Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Does CDing change your musical taste?

Music, I love having tune to relax to and music is for the enjoyment. I always listen to the same, yet I might listen better to the words that the girls sing. The clothes are for the enjoyment of the physical self image. My female persona has always been with me. It did take me a while to name it though. I do not need the threads. It is an enjoying experience for me. I posted in another thread that the feminine aspect of us can be in full male clothes all day. Its a state of mind. I feel pretty much the same in female clothes. They feel so much better typically. The challenge of crossdressing is to bring your feminine side out and look as good as they do.
    Part Time Girl

Gone to live my life
    Hi Candice,

In response:

Music is music. For me, my choice of artist are flavored by the moment and mood not being TG.

Where does this other persona come from is it real or just a character created in your mind to help you reach a state of euphoria? Did you create this female persona to fill a void or escape reality?

I have to wonder why you always refer to CDing as a fabrication or something we invented because we had some void or lonely aspect of our lives. I think a read of most threads here will confirm like anyone along the TG spectrum we are who we are. This is not a hobby or passing fancy nor is it a choice. So I don't understand he reasoning or logic behind your question.

What drives you to do things that could turn you life upside down just to wear "woman's" clothes?

Again you make the assumption it is just about clothes and looking girly like that is the only thing of importance to a CDer. I may not like labels but I do consider myself TG that is all and it is not about wearing clothing or looking girly . . . it is about being who I need to be to exist on this earth . . . much the same way I suspect you do.

What's more important to you, your current existence or the need to dress?

Both as they are intertwined. I am who I am and dressing is part of that.

Isha

It has different meaning for each of us. If you answered your own questions, I think you would be surprised at the answers.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    I don't find that changing my clothes changes the music I listen to, nor any other aspect of who I am. I agree with Duke Ellington...."if it sounds good,nit is good"
    Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Aspiring Member
    An armour piercing question indeed Candice. For now, I treat cross-dressing as an expendable of sorts. Yes, I love it, consider it liberating, would be beyond willing to spend a day dressed. That said, I could withhold it for a month at most (with brimming desire as a direct side effect), and the rest would be in my imagination.

Music wise, my tastes are largely independent of being cross-dressed despite the feelings many songs have invoked in me. I do have a few embarrassments in my iPod that are guilty pleasures, but my music taste is mine and isn't fully detached from current trends / the car radio / the supermarket PA system.

I've largely accepted the female persona formerly known as Iris as part of me (I am her, she is me), but I'm still figuring out why she even exists and is going out of the way to push open the closet doors. I'd like to remark on the inherent assumption in asking if the need to dress would cost one's current existence: that the female persona is a detachable entity.
    Last edited by Lily Catherine; 03-23-2015 at 08:56 AM.

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Isha View Post
    Hi Candice,

In response:...
    Hi Isha,

Obviously these are not one size fits all questions, and I understand there are CDs here that the need is beyond skin deep. And I respect that you took the time to answer more then just the music question, as this thread is about more then that. This thread is more directed at the CD's that say they miss their clothes and other feminine material items, and those that go from their normal day to day selves to act like a diva or a teenage girl as soon as they put on a feminine item of clothing. Are they not acting to play out a fantasy that is usually only ended after self gratification? And those who under dress is it not for the thrill of the secretive taboo? As you all proclaim that no one noticed or that you think some one noticed, or just for the sexual side that your wearing woman's underwear?

For me the clothes help me reflect my internal self, but do not define who or what I am. I still wear some of my male clothes (well what still fits me) and it has no effect on what gender I am or how I act.

Quote Originally Posted by Candice Mae View Post
    This thread is more directed at the CD's that say they miss their clothes and other feminine material items, and those that go from their normal day to day selves to act like a diva or a teenage girl as soon as they put on a feminine item of clothing. Are they not acting to play out a fantasy that is usually only ended after self gratification? And those who under dress is it not for the thrill of the secretive taboo? As you all proclaim that no one noticed or that you think some one noticed, or just for the sexual side that your wearing woman's underwear?
    More than a hint of being judgmental here, I feel... take care...

For sure there may be many who are playing out some sort of fantasy but not always for sexual gratification. I think you saying 'usually' is too generalised. And while we can probably all come across as somewhat teenage or diva-like that's often just unrestrained enthusiasm for many of us that don't get all the opportunity we may want for all sorts of reasons.

On underdressing: well, it isn't for me - but as much as flouting taboo I think there's every possibility that many CD/TG folk do feel a better sense of comfort and rightness in 'stealth' dressing... And if that's what they feel comfortable doing then I think they have every right to do that without being made to feel that there doing something wrong. Being CD/TG is a big classification and many types fit under it - I sometimes feel (without getting into the label thing and provoking Isha into a hissy fit again.. ) that if we were all to state what type we were (if we knew!) it wouldn't half help a lot of understanding between us.

Candice - you're 24/7 now, is that right? By choice, because I don't believe you feel your gender identity is 100% female or have I got that wrong? Apologies if I have, I'm just trying to understand your perspective on all us other partially-male identifying CDers who do this partially as an identity thing but also partially 'for fun'. For me, I'm Katey (to you) a CD/TG person who currently hasn't dressed for 50 days... and that might just be starting to get to me...

Many variations on this thing we do here and I'm not comfortable with any of them being singled out or ridiculed as 'wrong'...

Katey x
    "Put some lipstick on - Perfume your neck and slip your high heels on
    Rinse and curl your hair - Loosen your hips, and get a dress to wear"
    Stefani Germanotta

Quote Originally Posted by Deane View Post
    I may be weird, but to me good music is good, bad music is bad. Doesn't matter what I'm wearing or if it's Christmas or not. I listen to the same eclectic mix all the time.
    ^this. I generally prefer female singers to male, especially when it's in video form, as I can identify with the romantic feelings, both the pain and the ecstasy of love, that the girls express so well. But thankfully, we live in an era where there is so much great recorded music, that we can go for years without hearing the same thing twice, yet still have even more great music available. As someone who has music playing every waking moment of my life, for that I am very greatful to all the wonderful artists who have put so much into their art. In one way, music is very much like a psychoactive drug; when listening, I focus so much on the sound that all my troubles fade away, and I feel good, no matter what else is going on in my life. Good music is a he!! of an antidepressant.

That said, no, crossdressing doesn't change my taste in music.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I think I know what your talking about, Maria comes out and all at once I am more relaxed and for some reason reading a book or novel. I never read. Go figure.