Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Does CDing change your musical taste?

Full Geek Status Adriana Moretti's Avatar
    I am a DJ....its my job to know, appreciate and learn all kinds of new music and keep up with the jones......so I have to like everything ( or at least pretend to) ...I DO love my girly tunes too....and like others here my musical taste does not change depending on what I am wearing....

in drab mode my musical taste varies from country to italian opera.
    one of my very favorites in either mode is the one below. as a guy
    its kinda obvious as i love the curves and the moves... besides being
    paula's new workout video, i dream of being the one with the curves
    and the moves, and i must admit it does take a lot of dreaming!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTsyMLqJy14
    paula

I am pretty much of a generalist no matter what presentation I am making: 50's rock & roll and rockabilly, 60's psychedelic, 70's superstar rock, 80's glam rock and heavy metal, 90's grunge, plus bluegrass, cool jazz, broadway show tunes, cole porter, new wave, reggae, and always classical symphonic whether it be Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Beethoven, Schubert, Wagner, Borodin, Moussorgsky (sp?), J. Strauss or R. Strauss, Grieg, Sibelius, Shostakovich. I just love music!

"When I want a melody
    Lilting through the house
    Then I want a melody
    By Strauss!"

Thank you, George and Ira
    "We don't see things as they are; we see things as we are." Anais Nin

when i'm in boy mode I only listen to girly girly princess pop!

but for some reason in girl mode I can only stand utter death metal... oh god?

I listen to everything but rap and country!

also can't stand jazz!

(they just make it up as they go along!)

I was either not listening to anything or listening to lighter fare than the usual heavy/black/death metal when I was dressed, which I think was somewhat due to compartmentalization and somewhat due to just having my mind on other things. Now that I'm doing this more often and for greater lengths of time I tend to keep the same music on, although maybe with a bit more David Bowie.

Gone to live my life
    Hi Jeanette,

Not for me. Same person, same tastes just different packaging.

Hugs

Isha

CD-ing changes so much in me - from micro behaviours, feminine reactions, postures, poses, thoughts, languaging, consideration, care and attention, how I walk.
    I've not yet got to really test out the music, but when my daughter comes home end of semester, I'm reckoning there'll be more chick-flicks on ... its funny now in retrospect, one of her all-time fave films is "white chicks", and I recommended it to her! I have to laugh at myself. anyone for Shania?

Platinum Member
    Hi Jeanette, For me some thinks remain constant.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    Well there is that Shania Twain single which has crept into my playlist....

I listen to just about anything, but I will admit that the girly me has a bit more of a taste for terrible house/electronica music and dance remixes. I attribute this to the large amount of time spent at gay dance clubs en femme while in my 20s.
    "There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. "

- Anais Nin

I listen to quite a broad range of music, depending on my mood or what ive recently been doing but when dressed I usually go to girls music, i dont really like to mix my normal mode with dressing so avoiding music and tv etc althought listening to my ipod on the bus I notice any songs ( linkin park have a lot ) about regret or struggling to overcome something and all I think of is my dressing yet I wont listen to those songs when dressed. strange, but then again nothing really seems so normal anymore haha
    I cant stand to fly, I'm not that naive. I'm just out to find the better part of me. I'm more than a bird, I'm more than a plane, I'm more than some pretty face beside a train. Its not easy to be me.

"The first MC I had was Michael Jackson’s Bad. I mean, I remember listening to other music before, but this was certainly the first media I considered my own. I was convinced he was a beautiful girl. On the cover and in the videos, he had long, curly black hair. I could not believe when I learned he was not the beautiful chick I thought he was. He later appeared muss less feminine than in the times of Bad. Did I really like the music? I am not sure. I liked many of his later released albums better. But the „Man in the mirror” was cool. Wished it was the „Woman in the mirror”."

Banned Read only
    OMG, you mean Michael Jackson wasn't a chick? That really changes my perception of her.

I have no real taste in music if you discount some listening to 40's, 50's and early 60's big band and rock. So I guess I do have a taste but I very rarely listen to any music.
    joank
    Southern California

you should check out some of the stuff from the 90s and 00s!

or better yet the 10s!

live in the now!

The only thing that changes for me when I dress is the fabric of the clothes....
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Nope my taste in music stays the same no matter which mode I'm in.
    Harder rock/metal mostly but 80's hair metal I love too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm with Karolyn above. My tastes remain the same but there are subtle changes. I do play piano and love Bach whether I'm in femme or guy mode, but I do seriously believe my playing is much more sensitive when I am in femme mode.

I started out, as a kid, liking oldies, and old country western, then easy listening, then discovered great classical music. I still listen mostly to classical music, but still like some old country, and some old rock songs. Mainly easy listening and classical now.

Ophelia,
    Love that cd too. Very good call.
    Bree
    Brandy Mathews

Banned Read only
    Well, A) The lyrics...and B) Just another super canadian hottie like racheal McAddams, Joni Mitchell (younger),

Silver Member Stephanie Julianna's Avatar
    I've always preferred female singers but then there are guys like Johnny Mathis, Sinatra, Perry Como, etc. that I grew up on that always sound great. I would say that right now Diana Krall is at the top of her game. But I can be dressed and listen to the Beatles as well.

My taste doesn't really change a great deal, I normally listen to NME type bands in both modes.

While my cross dressing does not change my musical listening habits, it does seem to make me want to dance! As a guy, I just don't do it. Not very good and too self conscious. When I am dressed femme, especially a dress or skirt and heels, I find it very fun to dance around while listening to music.

Cindy