Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A Deliciously Embarrassing Moment

A Deliciously Embarrassing Moment

This will be a longer post but I think you'll be entertained by it. I had a deliciously embarrassing moment that I'd like to share with you. I only recently started getting all dressed up with actual places to go. I attended the Chicago Gender Society's December dinner dance. I thought, GG's buy special dresses for special occasions, why not me? I ordered a floor length evening gown in two sizes from a major department store. I had to return one and have the other one altered. I went en drab (with the necessary under dressing) to the store and walked up to the appropriate counter. I returned the one dress to the sales associate and told her I needed to have the other one altered. She then asked where the person was that needed to be fitted for an alteration. I sheepishly pointed to myself and said, "That would be me." She was with two other associates who all acted very professionally, as if this happens all the time. She led me through a fitting area back to a dressing room where I could change into my gown. There were ladies waiting to be fitted and I felt them staring and wondering why I was there. I changed into my gown and also inserted breast forms to fill out the dress. I donned heels also. As I exited my room to join the queue, I just wanted to melt into the wall and not be noticed. The ladies reacted positively when they saw me in my gown. I was given compliments and was asked where I was going to wear the gown. I was glad that I actually had an occasion coming up that I was wearing the dress for. My turn came and the seamstress pinned the new hemline as if men come in all the time to have dresses altered. It was an embarrassing moment but I enjoyed it immensely.
    On the day of the event, I went for my first manicure/pedicure which I already previously posted about. I then had a makeover done by Janna of Janna's Studio. She transformed me into a beautiful, much younger-looking, lovely lady. Janna also accompanied me to the dinner dance where we both had a wonderful time. The experience was made better with Janna putting me more at ease. I hope you enjoyed this post.

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    What an awesome adventure, Sharon. Thanks for sharing.
    you gotta post some pics of your new dress! :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Great story. Nice to see you had a good time.

A wonderful adventure!!
    Please call me Lisa!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    That's terrific! Cheers to another Chicago-area girl. And Amy is absolutely right -- we're going to need some photos. I bet you looked fabulous

Well, here is another embarrassing moment for me. I technically don't know how to post pictures.

Thats pretty incredible. i am nowhere near that brave to go and do something like that! Good for you! Now where is this dress?

Great read and post Sharon! Like the others I sure would like to see this gown... maybe some folks could walk you through getting these pics.... anyway

Thanks for sharing,

Jamie
    At the makeup counter

WOW! That's a great story!!! I'm glad to hear that you had such a positive experience!!

I am happy to know that Janna is still with us. She has always been a real friend of the Chicagoland community!

Sounds like a great time! Now, as others have said, let's see the pictures.
    My name is Carol.

Thanks for sharing! I definitely do not have the confidence to do something like that.

Lisa,
    I'm not sure if you want me to reply or if "Please call me Lisa" in red is part of your icon. Puzzled!

"The please call me Lisa" is my signature line. People were calling me S. Lisa and I prefer Lisa.
    Please call me Lisa!

That is Awesome!!
    Thanks for sharing!
    So I like dressing like girl. BIG DEAL!

Janna is alive but not very well. She is currently taking chemotherapy. She is going to give me a makeover for Chi Chapter's Queen of Hearts pageant coming up soon. I asked her to also do me for Chi Chapter's Spring Fling. I started taking makeup lessons from her, too. I've gone en femme with her twice to dine at her favorite restaurant. She makes the experience of being in public non-threatening and enjoyable. Maybe she could help me post several pictures that I would like to post. However, from what I've noticed, I think her computer level is about the same as mine. I could ask my one daughter that I came out to. But, I have not yet have any real discussions with her about my cross dressing, much less shown her pictures of me as such. ( My better half of 40+ years died last year. She did share and support my desire to wear women's clothing.) For you techies out there, I don't have a smart phone. I take my pictures with a digital camera that I have yet to download into my computer. My favorite cropped picture of me from the dinner dance was done on Walgreen's computer so I only have prints of it.

I'm excited that you were brave enough to do that. I'm not sure I would have been so brave, although I did have a gown altered at a private tailor.

I hope the people who are fearful of even going into a women's clothing shop see that doing so is survivable.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

Sounds like fun. I don't see any reason for embarrassment though.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Very nice story, thanks for sharing with us.
    Dana Ryan

Wonderful adventure - thanks for sharing

Posting is easy; basically it's uploading a file. Click "go advanced" in the reply dialogue and scroll down and click on "Manage Attachments". Click browse and direct it to the picture's location on your computer. There are size limitations listed in the dialog. JPGs, which is the suffix of most picture files, are limited to 99.7K, so you may need to resize an image with graphics software to make the file uploadable.

See? Easy!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ALWAYS plan for the worst, then you can be pleasantly surprised if something else happens!

"The important thing about the bear is not how well she dances, but that she dances at all." - Old Russian Proverb (with a gender change)

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sharon,

What a great story and a very interesting take on an embarrassing moment. It was nice to see there was no issues from the ladies also waiting and things went well. I think we forget just how difficult it is to do things "en boy" vice "en femme" and this would be a good example. I am glad you had a great night.

Hugs

Isha

Hi Sharon,

What a great experience! You've given us a wonderful take on "passing" ... clearly you passed as who you were, and those ladies in the shop certainly passed! The dinner dance sounded marvelous.

Hugs,

Claire
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Great story, I enjoyed reading it, thanks for sharing!

What a wonderful story and thanks for sharing. Each of those embarrassing moments are an opportunity to become more comfortable in unusual situations. Well, that's the way it feels to me when the event is over and I'm looking backwards at what seemed embarrassing at the time.