Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: do real girls shovel snow?

do real girls shovel snow?

Okay, so in one mode I wear dresses and heels and want to be dainty. I would hate to break a nail, on my finger. I want to walk slowly, softly, and sway gently. But we got some snow outside- a whole lot of it! I live in New Hampshire, and have not gotten the big falls like some near the coast, and Boston. Yet I have SO much snow in the drive way.

So just who gets to shovel all that snow? Two things my wife has never ever done in her life, 36 years of marriage: run a lawn mower or snow blower. Oh, so that is MY job then, now I see. Okay then, back to my other mode: heavy winter boots, bomber hat, huge gloves- WAY GUY MODE. Note, I do have two pair of girl boots, from Nine West: brown leather, 3.5" heels, mid-calf and black suede, 4 +" platforms, both spike heeled. Do I get to wear those- OH NO, my fine friends !

It is so cold today, like 6 and blowing hard. Somebody could freeze a teet out there! Well, a GG might.
    Tired of winter yet?
    Love,
    Candy Cox

Banned Read only
    I SURE DID just last weekend, i had to clear my drive way...OH WELL was already dressed had to get DONE

Soooo tired of winter. This morning was -41c. with the windchill. Pretty sure that in fahrenheit that's pretty darn cold too.
    I finally purchased a 21HP snowblower, and removing snow with it is almost fun. Almost.
    Before that, I would stand at the end of my very long driveway in my pink houndstooth coat, a cute hat, and pink gloves, with my snow shovel in hand. Here in cow country, every passing pickup has a snow blade on it. Some young farmer would always stop, and clear my snow. Bless them.
    Did I say I'm sick of winter?

If real girls want to go out....They shovel snow.

None of you here seem to appreciate that every snowflake is different.
    They are so delicate and beautiful....................
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 02-15-2015 at 03:18 PM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

A lady in the making..... Erica Marie's Avatar
    If you are a girl in guy cloths or a guy in girl cloths the snow needs to be moved. Here in WI no one cares what gender you are or how you dress. When the snow falls some one just cleans it up. I am single so needless to say I am the guy and the gal of the house, but I know just as many single women who do their share of snow moving.
    Now as far as cold, it has been hovering around 0 with the wind well below zero. Trust me when it is this cold no one worries about being pretty, just trying to stay warm.
    Erica

We have more than I ever wanted in Lowell but I can't control that. I have dressed and shoveled always been in guy mode for that although I guess it would be pretty easy to dress boots ladies ski pants normal breast a couple of sweaters a nice women's ski parka a nit hat and gloves no heels on boots though or maybe an inch. Now you have me thinking about next storm I could be dressed don't think any one would notice.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Candy Cox View Post
    Tired of winter yet?
    Yes. I was done by mid-December.

DeeAnn

Absolutely ! If it needs to get done this gal does it.
    My wife helps too...
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Despite the fact that I was wearing a wig and large dangly earrings underneath my wool watch cap, the only proper words to describe my appearance while dressed in blue jeans, Danskin tights and wool hiking socks and insulated Vibram sole boots below the waist, and a cotton turtleneck, Irish fisherman's sweater and qualofill vest and windbreaker parka above the waist, are either androgynous or asexual. Right now, the wind chill is somewhere close to fifteen below. If anyone is more interested in watching in order to observe or worry about my gender identification, or in fact doing anything but trying to stay warm, while I am shoveling my walk and drive, I will doff my watch cap to them. The wig stays on, however, since it's too damn cold to expose my noggin to the weather.

Well I came home from the gym this morning. Put on a sweatshirt, heave coat, and boots. Left my tights on while I cleared the driveway. There certainly kept me warm.

Lucky you, I went out to start my truck and you guessed it dead battery!!!.It's now on the charger hope I can get enough of a charge to start my vehicle so I can bye a new one. So much for that new ring, bracelet and ear ring set. Darn you old man winter(shaking fist in the air).

I am not intending this to be mean or rude, but we should not assign everyday chores to gender. I too live where there is a lot of snow, and I sometimes work early or stay late, and when it snows during those times, my wife will get out the snow blower and the shovels, just as many women up here do. Granted, if we are both home, I will do it, but not simply because I am the man... but because I am able to do it better because I am more physically able to, and she does not handle cold very well at all. She will then do more of inside work while I work outside. When it is not brutally cold like below zero, she will come out and help me, just as I will help around the house and fold laundry and cook. We do not assign chores in our home based solely on gender. Real people shovel snow, men and women alike.
    Chickens should be allowed to cross the road without having their motives questioned

You are really funny..... I hope that was your intention.

I shoved show & ice chunks this morning in -6 F. (I didn't get to do it in a sequin dress and heels either). Michigan is getting hammered this year.

I also mow grass - what a concept! I actually enjoy doing both but not in -6 degree temperatures. (I like mowing grass because it's warmer)

Most of the women I work with are single for one reason or another; they also do their own snow removal and yard work.

Real people do the work at hand that needs doing!

My wife used to like to mow the lawn also. You would not believe some of the mean mugging I would get from people driving by and seeing her operating the mower. One time someone actually stopped and asked her why I was so mean to her that I would "make" her mow. She did set them straight that she was out mowing because she felt like it.

Now the weedeater like the laundry is my territory almost solely alone.
    "You are not an accident, nor are you malfunctioning. You are performing EXACTLY as coded." For many "Man in a Dress" is the worst atrocity commit-able; for me it's just reality. Click to Learn About Me. Click to Complain About Me! There is a fine line between brutal honesty and honest brutality. It is rarely in the same place for the sender and the receiver.

What's this "snow" stuff and "winter" stuff people talk about? We used to get something called "rain".

The non-GG next door.... Candice Mae's Avatar
    I've shovelled my moms drive way/ side walk a few times this winter, I'm 30 years younger and enjoy the exercise. It is harder for me when the snow is wet, as I have very little upper body strength left. I just dress to be warm, no sense slipping or getting frost bite.

A women does what ever she has to to take care of her family

A few weeks back it was later at night and my wife made a comment that the driveway needed shovelling and God forbid she should even think about touching the shovel, anyway I was dressed and she made a comment that Maria isn't a princess and she could go do some shovelling. I started laughing and she told me that it's dark and I would be wearing a long jacket and hat anyway. Well I went for it, WOW! It was amazing wearing a skirt while shovelling the cold up my dress, I don't know how women wear those boots because my feet were frozen, and the next time I see a women wearing a skirt I will have more respect for them because that wind was blowing straight up the skirt, my legs were frozen even with me wearing tights. I guess it's the price they pay to look fashionable. Nobody else was out so I took advantage of the moment even though my legs were frozen, and I don't have breast forms yet, so I was worried my water balloons were going to freeze, had a great time but hope it doesn't snow again any time soon.

I think that my wife's answer to the original question would be, "why keep a dog and bark yourself?"

Fortunately we don't get too much snow!

I can understand you Americans are a bit tired of all the snow by now. But over here in the Netherlands I haven't seen any snow in more than two years now. And to think I love a good winter.....oh how I wish I could shovel in my heels!!!

I wear women's ski pants and ski jacket, women's gloves, scarf, and hat, and of course, women's snow boots.

Hi girls, thanks for the comments.
    I saw this from Char GG:
    --------------
    You are really funny..... I hope that was your intention.
    ---------------
    Yes, I am often sarcastic and normally joke a lot. I do not take myself too seriously, re: I am a guy in girls clothes right now! I am inside, warm, wearing those cute Nine West brown leather boots, typing away to my friends.

There are certain days that life is terribly tragic, serious stuff occurs. Most days are mundane or routine, I enjoy merry making, a little light levity, helps out- do you agree?
    Love,
    Candy

Winter? It's winter? I wouldn't know. All last week it was 90*+ every day. I'll gladly trade you our heat for your snow.
    Joni

As much as i do not like it at times i have always shoveled the driveway or sidewalk .If im dressed i just undress shovel come back inside and get dressed up again
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I have to but the kids help and my wife provides the hot chocolate. A win win! Otherwise the miata stays in the driveway 😀