Thread: 2 Days Out & About NOT Ruined By Jerk

2 Days Out & About NOT Ruined By Jerk

Well, all week, I looked forward to going out as Sarah, yesterday.

We had 36 degree weather and 20-25 mph winds.

Too windy for a skirt? Nope! I put on a pleated skirt I bought at Sears last weekend and a winter hat to help hold my wig on (it worked) and out the door I went.

The skirt was somewhat light weight and below the knee. It was all I could do to keep it from blowing above my waist. I went ahead hoping the wind would die down. It calmed down long enough to make me think it was about to pass through. It didn't.

I was going back to Sears to pick up a skirt I saw last week. Going in, it was still a fight to keep my skirt settled. I bought 3 skrits on sale,including one with heavier material and went to walmart. I gave up fighting the wind and changed skirts in the car in walmart's parking lot.

Later, I went into best buy and saw a girl in a skirt that could not have been any shorter and still been legal. If she didn't reveal her panties walking from her car to the store, I don't know how she did it. I felt like such a slacker having changed out of my lighter skirt!

It was all good fun. A lady working one of the registers told me she liked my hat. It felt pretty good.

Now today...

Kmart for more sales. Three Jaclyn Smith skirts (one pleated), a sweater and some really nice boots for cheap and I was in heaven.

On to target, but didn't find anything on sale that would fit me.

Walmart was a mess. Expecting a winter storm, so everyone's getting ready. Only bought coffee and juice, but checkout lines were horrible.

Finally, Books-A-Million.

I was paying for a couple of books, a guy was behind me in line, minding his own business. Another guy came up to him and started talking about Bruce Jenner and the army documents leaker getting a sex change. Making it clear he didn't approve of such. People "going to extremes like that."

I knew I was read and he was doing this for my benefit. The guy he was talking to didn't say anything. Probably annoyed by the guy. The girl at the checkout counter was friendly. I wasn't intimidated by him and he didn't embarass me.

If I had been waiting in line and wasn't finishing my purchase, he would have crossed the line and I would have told him what I thought.
    I'm not afraid of a physical confrontation, I'm training to teach Taekwondo and I can handle myself.

From there, I went home, realized I forgot something (breakfast for tomorrow, I might not be working) and went right back out.

It's pretty cold for a skirt, but I had fun. I'm ready to go out again, but I have to save up some spending money!

Good for you, Sarah! Shame on the small-minded jerk.

You know it is hard to say if you were read or not. Are you certain there was not a supermarket news rag with Jenner's picture on the front hanging at the checkout? He is popular gossip right now. It does not forgive the guy's attitude, but you might not have been read either.

Silver Member
    Don't know enough about how it was said, but sometimes we are too sensitive about what is going on around us. I've had a couple of situations where I thought it was about me and it wasn't. On the other hand over time I've had more than one guy who wanted to inflict bodily harm. Yes, I'm guilty of egging them on and their day was ruined very quickly with few knowing I even touched them (a whole lot of training and experience).

I find all the "Did you know about Jenner" kind of funny. When he had the wreck last week it was all over the news. It is scaring some of the people because he was an accomplished athlete. Most every checkout line I've been through that has mags has at least one picture of him.

I didn't notice any magazines at the checkout, I thought about that myself. I tried to think back and I just don't remember any.

Something was off with my presentation, I was getting read all day, today. That doesn't bother me anymore. Yesterday was different, I'm not sure if anyone read me at all.

That's how it usually is with me, I tend to blend in.

More good than bad.....who can ask for more?

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    Don't know enough about how it was said, but sometimes we are too sensitive about what is going on around us. I've had a couple of situations where I thought it was about me and it wasn't.
    Have you seen the car commercial where the everyone is looking at the car, and the guy in the ad thinks everyone is checking him out in his new shirt? That makes me think of us. Except with us, it's paranoia.

I've had plenty of outings now and I haven't had an incident that I couldn't dismiss as probably my own paranoia until this one. I'm pretty confident it was directed at me.

But you know what? I bet he was checking out my legs ( they are nice if I do say so myself!), and looked up to find me attached to them. He was probably afraid someone saw him checking me out and was covering his tracks.
    I hope so, anyway!
    Last edited by Katey888; 02-16-2015 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Consecutive posts merged - please use edit post to add to existing post rather than adding a successive post...

Gone to live my life
    Hi Sarah,

Well . . . it kind of goes with the territory. I get the giggles, guffaws, louder than normal comments about Bruce should a magazine happen to be next the checkout. However, I find when I look around, with the exception of the D-Bag most people are more upset with his/her comments than me. You handled it well by not getting physical . . . no need to add fuel to the fire. Sometimes walking away is the best revenge as you did not sink to his level and he winds up looking like the jerk.

Hugs

Isha

seems like you braved the weather just fine....has the pink fog lifted any?.............................Debra

Sarah,
    See! It is getting easier each time you go out.
    Just leave the jerks to themselves and they soon disappear.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sorry about some jackA** had to act like that.
    But what I tell myself when I run into someone like that, we have a right to do what we do and others have a right not to like it.

lucky I have only had a few bad encounters.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Debra Russell View Post
    seems like you braved the weather just fine....has the pink fog lifted any?.............................Debra

Sad to say, it wasn't pink fog, just me being me. Truth is... a little pink fog with the spending, but everything I bought (almost) was on sale. It didn't hurt my purse too bad.

As far as going out, no more pink fog in that. I made a new year's resolution a couple of years ago to get out whenever I can. My busy schedule limits that, but I was just being out and not too worried about what people thought. I think it feels better to not care what people think than to feel like I pass.

I still want to blend in, but I feel like the pressure's off.